It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Winning The Lottery Was My Best Worst Day Ever [WL2019] ...non-Writer

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 8 2019 @ 10:25 AM
link   
I really didn't want to get up on that day, but I did. Another day in excruciating pain and I had to go to the pharmacy to get more anti-inflammatory over the counter meds for my severely damaged joints, especially hips and knees, which had left me unable to work for months with dwindling resources and no healthcare coverage. I was miserable, losing the will to live. I forced myself out of bed, after getting ready I went to the nightstand to get my wallet and keys, and between them was a lottery ticket I couldn't have possibly purchased myself, but there it was. My sister was the only other person that had been in my home, I called her, she denied it. On my way out the door I heard the words "president Hillary Clinton " coming from the TV, and on the screen was graphics with an image of her at a presidential podium. I rolled my eyes and turned it off and left for the pharmacy. Along the way I heard the words "president Clinton" on the radio, more politics yuck! I turned it off! At the pharmacy I encountered a familiar face, I asked him who was president of the USA, he laughed and asked if I was serious then said Hillary! I was thinking I was in a dream or nightmare, I tried everything I could think of to confirm that or wake up, I failed. Where was I? Oh yeah the Lottery ticket!

Turns out I had a winning ticket, I was going to have to split it with one other winner. In the end the tax lawyers and IRS satisfied with their cuts, a huge amount of money secure, insured in the bank. I took the one time payment option and I chose to remain anonymous. It all took weeks, and I finally had a plan for all of that money. My adult kids and my grandkids were going to get the majority of that money, everyone in my family would get cash or gifts. I wasn't going to change my own life much, I was sill going to have a lot of money remaining for myself. I bought a new pickup truck, a new UHD TV and a big new smartphone! I also was able to arrange to have my hips and knees replaced, finally I could have real hope for a virtually pain free future. They say money can't buy happiness, and probably in many ways that might be true, but for me I couldn't have been happier than in that moment, when weeks before I was losing the will to live. The only other time in my life when I experienced those feelings of joy, happiness was when I was 9 years old and had my first and last big Christmas where I got almost everything on my wishlist.

I had an appointment with the surgeons for my hips and knees replacements. Life was good and going to get even better for me.

On that day of my appointment, I got up oblivious to the pain, got ready to go, went to the nightstand to get my new smartphone and it was gone! Replaced with my old damaged phone with a cracked screen, I turned it on and looked at the date and time, it showed the date and time when that lottery ticket first appeared. This can't be happening I thought, I went outside my new pickup truck was gone, replaced with my old 2002 POS!, back inside my new TV was gone as well, replaced with the old one, on screen was president Trump!

The End
edit on Sun Sep 8 2019 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 8 2019 @ 10:37 AM
link   
I'm not a writer, nor do I want to be. I wrote that because it was an idea that popped in my head after reading the contest announcement thread. It was a nice diversion for a little while.

I'm sure there are many errors with grammar, punctuation and spelling. My apologies.

Back to the real life, the one without the winning lottery ticket.

posted on Sep, 8 2019 @ 10:45 AM
link   
a reply to: ausername

Lol! I totally didnt expect this ending.

posted on Sep, 8 2019 @ 01:14 PM
link   
a reply to: ausername

Darned arbitrary multiverse switching ... nice little tale.

Cheers

new topics

join