It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Should We The West repeal same-sex and "LGBT" Laws?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 8 2019 @ 12:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: DJMSN
Adultry was a criminally prosecuted not long ago. Still considered a criminal act under the UCMJ or military law. What about sexual relationships outside of marriage was once often prosecuted under different statutes and many considered it illegal. As recently as 2014, Virginia attempted to pass an ordinance to criminalize sex outside of marriage, many countries still prosecute people. Should adultery and sex outside marriage be criminalized ?

The bedroom is no place for the government. And no one has any say in who someone wishes to marry or live with. They should be able to take advantage of the same tax laws provided heterosexual couples. The same property laws and the same legal rights covering medical decisions and those in wills.

What good would come from repealing any advances in basic civil rights laws ? Do you feel people would cease homosexual activities if they are again criminalized ? What types of penalties do you propose ? Life or death sentences as some countries practice ? Civil fines ? We should never go backwards in regards to civil rights laws or would you also advocate to repeal slavery and other backwards disgusting discriminating laws ? What a stupid and backwards question to even ask

Exactly.

What consenting adults do in the bedroom is none of government's business.

If two guys or gals want to get married, that is their business. Marriage is a legal construct. I also think polygamy should be legal. So should prostitution.

Just because people may find someone's alternative lifestyle offensive does not mean that lifestyle should be illegal. As long as they aren't affecting me, I really don't care...
edit on 8-9-2019 by Edumakated because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 8 2019 @ 12:18 PM
link   
a reply to: YouSir
Medium, what a question! Everything above is soul-less meat if it was not before.

Remember...clowns...are people too...

I like to use the words of the critical voice that belongs to P. Gilliatt on the movie Soylent Green:

Where is democracy? Where is the popular vote? Where is women's lib? Where are the uprising poor, who would have suspected what was happening in a moment?

Answer: They are arguing on a internet board.

posted on Sep, 8 2019 @ 12:51 PM
link   
In the UK tensions between the LGBT community and the Conservative Muslims has started to flair up, which was always bound to happen. So to answer your question, depending on the future demographic of the UK, we will either become more tolerant of the LGBT community of less so. Only time will tell.

posted on Sep, 8 2019 @ 03:02 PM
link   
I don't think it should be illegal but I do believe it should be kept behind closed doors and not taught to children as being normal. Homosexuality is abnormal & illogical behavior. If everyone were gay, the human race wouldn't exist. I also don't believe in gay marriage. Matrimony is a holy sacrament between a man & a woman to become one and create children. Imo, homosexuality is more of a way on getting off. The natural purpose of sex is to have babies not to get off. Getting off is a bonus. Technically, F'ing someone in the ass is not sex. Sex can only occur between a man & a woman, scientifically speaking. Pride is also a sin. No one should be proud of being gay, especially out in the the open, Its disgusting. No one should be proud of anything. Whatever you do behind closed doors is your business but once you bring it out in the open it becomes everyone's business.

(post by Artlogic removed for a manners violation)

posted on Sep, 10 2019 @ 09:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: JBIZZ
I don't think it should be illegal but I do believe it should be kept behind closed doors and not taught to children as being normal. Homosexuality is abnormal & illogical behavior. If everyone were gay, the human race wouldn't exist. I also don't believe in gay marriage. Matrimony is a holy sacrament between a man & a woman to become one and create children. Imo, homosexuality is more of a way on getting off. The natural purpose of sex is to have babies not to get off. Getting off is a bonus. Technically, F'ing someone in the ass is not sex. Sex can only occur between a man & a woman, scientifically speaking. Pride is also a sin. No one should be proud of being gay, especially out in the the open, Its disgusting. No one should be proud of anything. Whatever you do behind closed doors is your business but once you bring it out in the open it becomes everyone's business.

I doubt homosexuality is abnormal or illogical. It's an inclination, preference etc, more than likely genetic and psychological. I doubt there's an easy explanation for why people turn out be gay, I do know it is NOT because people make a choice to be anti social and predatory. It's not some abberation, rather seems to be a naturally occuring thing in a certain percentage of the population.

While we shouldn't be teaching kids to celebrate one lifestyle based simply around sexuality, we should be teaching them to be nice to others despite differences and when they're older make a more detailed examination of it among other types of cultures and creeds. Decriminalising it sends it underground - because it wont make it go away - which raises all sorts of problems.

posted on Sep, 11 2019 @ 05:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: fastzombie

originally posted by: JBIZZ

I doubt homosexuality is abnormal or illogical. It's an inclination, preference etc, more than likely genetic and psychological. I doubt there's an easy explanation for why people turn out be gay, I do know it is NOT because people make a choice to be anti social and predatory. It's not some abberation, rather seems to be a naturally occuring thing in a certain percentage of the population.

While we shouldn't be teaching kids to celebrate one lifestyle based simply around sexuality, we should be teaching them to be nice to others despite differences and when they're older make a more detailed examination of it among other types of cultures and creeds. Decriminalising it sends it underground - because it wont make it go away - which raises all sorts of problems.

Do you not feel that many of the laws related to same-sex etc was simply idealistic. Attitudes are still largely homophobic/biphobic, despite what the law/social norms dictate.

Just because it is legal does not mean attitudes have actually changed as much. The same with race and racism.

posted on Sep, 11 2019 @ 01:45 PM
link   
a reply to: AnakinWayneII

I would say that the laws around this area have helped to foster a more tolerant view of gay people in the main.

Of course some overcompensate, it becomes ideological and goes too far. That's true for any minority issue out there.

You probably will always have homophobia/racism/sexism etc but that's no reason to step back and let it all sort itself out. The kind of society that will not tolerate gay people will probably have a knock on effect for many others too. A close minded society as opposed to a liberal one doesn't stop and start at one thing.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join