It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Should We The West repeal same-sex and "LGBT" Laws?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 8 2019 @ 10:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22
This is an odd topic in my opinion mostly because these things shouldn't have been illegal in the first place.
The supposed "morality" laws were a violation of civil rights to begin with.

What - like Black African men shouldn't have been enslaved in the first place, like We The West should have seen them as the humans that they were back then?

posted on Sep, 8 2019 @ 10:29 AM
link   
a reply to: AnakinWayneII

Obviously.
Black Africann women too...

Actually in the United States black men were allowed to vote before white women.

posted on Sep, 8 2019 @ 10:34 AM
link   

I never said it's "horrible".

You didn't say anything really.

you said lets discuss after asking a few questions and you also pointed out about legality of same sex relations in the past.

Can you answer your own questions

Why not?

yes and give reasons why you would answer yes or no.

seeing as you want discussion and its your thread you should be the first to state your position and reasons.

I'm trying to say that many things that are legal now were actually ILLEGAL a short while ago.

and other things that were legal in the past are illegal now.

So what?

It's fine that YOU don't care - but a future society could repeal several laws in the future. Societies don't necessarily move in one single direction.

What is this thread about?

The point is that it could all be recriminalized again.

then please do so as your OP asks

state your opinion and why you think it should or shouldn't be re-criminalized.

Should We The West repeal same-sex and "LGBT" law? Countries like the United States, Canada, the UK and France? Should we recriminalize same-sex relationships, sex, unions and marriages?

Why re-criminalize them?

What is so criminal about it?

My answers are NO.

the laws of the past concerning this were dehumanizing.

posted on Sep, 8 2019 @ 10:37 AM
link   

The Constitution isn't about who we were, it's about what we aspire to be. The Framers knew America wasn't perfect back then, the country isn't perfect now, but the Constitution created a plan for us to get better.

posted on Sep, 8 2019 @ 10:42 AM
link   
a reply to: Bluntone22

August 6, 1965?

That's well after 1920.

posted on Sep, 8 2019 @ 10:45 AM
link   
It was never illegal to be gay, trans, etc... in America. Hell, George Washington's senior advisor, Friedrich Wilhelm von Steuben, was openly gay and fled Germany because it was illegal there, and he was facing prosecution. There are laws against sodomy in some states, but unless you're doing it in public you're not going to be busted for it. What people do in their bedrooms is nobody's business, and nothing sexual should be illegal if it's between consenting adults.

posted on Sep, 8 2019 @ 10:47 AM
link   

The 15th amendment? 1870

And many states had allowed black property owners to vote long before 1920.

posted on Sep, 8 2019 @ 10:48 AM
link   

I think more trouble has come since more of that community started demanding more rights and protections against a threat that wasn't there in the first place. They were imagining things and still thinking that we were in WWII for some reason. They also wanted to manipulate children and target children before they had a chance to grow up, so yes I would say that things should of stayed the same.

In other words, they have created more problems and dislike for themselves.

posted on Sep, 8 2019 @ 10:51 AM
link   
a reply to: TruthxIsxInxThexMist
The one who scream the loudest is not the majority. We are not a collective hive mind, we are individuals, just like you.

posted on Sep, 8 2019 @ 10:55 AM
link   

WHY?

posted on Sep, 8 2019 @ 10:57 AM
link   

So was oral sex. Ready to give that up?

posted on Sep, 8 2019 @ 11:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme

So was oral sex. Ready to give that up?

Hold on now!
This thread is just trolling so let's not mess with bj's....

posted on Sep, 8 2019 @ 11:04 AM
link   

Maybe the government needs to keep its head out from between everyones legs.
Sex, marriage, children.
legislating my pleasure?
It all needs to end.

Its my crotch not theirs.

posted on Sep, 8 2019 @ 11:14 AM
link   

They were also believed to not be the same species as white humans.
Thomas Jefferson thought they were.

Jefferson argues that a slave’s darker skin pigment makes them less transparent, noting that an “immoveable veil of black … covers all the emotions.” As for the appearance of whites, he argues that their features, including hair, make them more sexually appealing, claiming that Black people are sexually attracted to white people “as uniformly as is the preference of the Oranootan (Orangutan) for the black women over those of his own species.”

www.ozy.com...

posted on Sep, 8 2019 @ 11:25 AM
link   
Adultry was a criminally prosecuted not long ago. Still considered a criminal act under the UCMJ or military law. What about sexual relationships outside of marriage was once often prosecuted under different statutes and many considered it illegal. As recently as 2014, Virginia attempted to pass an ordinance to criminalize sex outside of marriage, many countries still prosecute people. Should adultery and sex outside marriage be criminalized ?

The bedroom is no place for the government. And no one has any say in who someone wishes to marry or live with. They should be able to take advantage of the same tax laws provided heterosexual couples. The same property laws and the same legal rights covering medical decisions and those in wills.

What good would come from repealing any advances in basic civil rights laws ? Do you feel people would cease homosexual activities if they are again criminalized ? What types of penalties do you propose ? Life or death sentences as some countries practice ? Civil fines ? We should never go backwards in regards to civil rights laws or would you also advocate to repeal slavery and other backwards disgusting discriminating laws ? What a stupid and backwards question to even ask

posted on Sep, 8 2019 @ 11:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: AnakinWayneII

originally posted by: butcherguy

I would ask you for a list of ‘pros’ for the government being involved in marriage in any way.
I can think of a few ‘cons’.

Marriage was only one of the things mentioned in the OP.

I mentioned same-sex stuff and LGBT stuff in general.

I fon’t draw any lines. Having the government involved in marriage, such as issuing licenses to marriage, is how you get a law against people that are the same sex marrying, people of different races marrying, and so on.
Get it? They cause more problems than they solve... imo.

posted on Sep, 8 2019 @ 11:52 AM
link   
a reply to: TruthxIsxInxThexMist

Oh really ? So enlightened, are you not ? People were arresested as early as 2003 under Texas sodomy laws. The couple were in their own apartment in their own bedroom when police entered on a false report of a weapon being brandished. The men were not armed nor did they own a weapon and at the time of the police officers entry were not engaged in any sexual activities. This case had to run the course to the Supreme Court before it was declared null and void. Does that sound like people's imaginations ?

Other instances involve individuals actually being killed, not because they were engaged in sexual activities nor because they were homosexual but because another "enlightened" individual or two just thought he or she "looked" gay, so they just eliminated that evil looking heretic.

Today many are still denied benefits because they do not recognize two people committed to one another, property rights are denied, you cannot will your house to a non relative even though both names are on the deed and both shared financial responsibility over the mortgage for years. Medical decisions are not followed because someone else denies that same sex couples are the same as heterosexual couples

There are activist from both sides which take things to the extreme. But there are tens of thousands, millions of "normal" same sex couples who live unassuming lives together and unless you were family, close friends, or snooped in their bedroom, you would never know it. Should they not be able to enjoy the same benefits afforded heterosexual couples, same insurance coverage, tax laws, and the same constitutional guarantees of life, liberty, and pursuit of happiness as everyone else ? Maybe we should install cameras in every bedroom to ensure no unwanted activity is occurring huh ?

posted on Sep, 8 2019 @ 11:53 AM
link   
a reply to: Oleandra88

Ummm...I just wanted to state that...your posting history thus far appeals greatly to my sense of humor...

Thank you for those contributions...

YouSir

posted on Sep, 8 2019 @ 12:01 PM
link   
a reply to: YouSir

Haha thank you, I slept on a joke book last night and had a clown for dinner

posted on Sep, 8 2019 @ 12:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: Oleandra88
a reply to: YouSir

Haha thank you, I slept on a joke book last night and had a clown for dinner

Ummm...Constitutionally...you can have anyone you want for dinner...just not how some progressives would prefer...

We tend to draw the line at...do you want that clown...medium or well done...

Remember...clowns...are people too...

YouSir

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join