It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Should We The West repeal same-sex and "LGBT" Laws?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 8 2019 @ 09:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: IAMTAT
a reply to: AnakinWayneII

I have no problem with same-sex marriage...people should be able to marry whom they want to marry.

What about everything else same-sex and LGBT that was illegal until not long ago in our "free" societies?

posted on Sep, 8 2019 @ 09:00 AM
link   
Oh, for sure. Let's round up all the gays and send them to an island. Or maybe Vermont?

Your question is dumb. Who cares if two dudes want to get married? Does that effect you in some way?

posted on Sep, 8 2019 @ 09:02 AM
link   

No.
No.
Please not.
No.
Yes.
Okay:

Something that does not harm others should never be illegal. The thoughts are free and so am I.

What is it what you want, trolling or rounding people like me up???

posted on Sep, 8 2019 @ 09:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: seaswine
Oh, for sure. Let's round up all the gays and send them to an island. Or maybe Vermont?

Your question is dumb. Who cares if two dudes want to get married? Does that effect you in some way?

Marriage wasn't the only thing mentioned in the OP.

Same-sex and LGBT stuff in general.

All of this was illegal until a short while ago.

The US Constitution, for example, came into existence in the late 1790s - a time when slavery was well and present and widespread, women were in their place and same-sex stuff was illegal for example.
edit on 8-9-2019 by AnakinWayneII because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 8 2019 @ 09:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: Oleandra88

No.
No.
Please not.
No.
Yes.
Okay:

Something that does not harm others should never be illegal. The thoughts are free and so am I.

What is it what you want, trolling or rounding people like me up???

My point is that all of this was illegal a short while ago.

It's not enshrined anywhere. Laws can be repealed.

You are philosophising.

I'm trying to say that many things that are legal now were actually ILLEGAL a short while ago.
edit on 8-9-2019 by AnakinWayneII because: Legal now, illegal before

link   

Ummm...yes...amendments to the constitution were merely addendums that were already codified within the framework of the constitution as originally penned.

“All men are created equal”...this is a blanket statement that includes all groups under it’s umbrella under the jurisdiction of Constitutional reach...

Instead of equality...the government has historically awarded groups with treatments not given to all groups...

Institutionalizing inequality is unconstitutional...and should never be the purview of the government...

YouSir

link   

Let's not throw out the whole 'Gay Island' idea right off the bat.

It could be a really nice island...Epstein's island may be going up for sale soon.

posted on Sep, 8 2019 @ 09:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: AnakinWayneII

I have no problem with same-sex marriage...people should be able to marry whom they want to marry.

What about everything else same-sex and LGBT that was illegal until not long ago in our "free" societies?

Specific examples please.

posted on Sep, 8 2019 @ 09:07 AM
link   

"A time when women were in their place".

I'm convinced you're trolling now and will feed you no longer.

posted on Sep, 8 2019 @ 09:08 AM
link   

"A time when women were in their place".

I'm convinced you're trolling now and will feed you no longer.

Women didn't get the vote until 1920.

The Constitution existed in the late 1790s.

I'm not trolling.

posted on Sep, 8 2019 @ 09:09 AM
link   

Sexual relations, unions, relationships etc - whatever was illegal before, but is legal now basically

posted on Sep, 8 2019 @ 09:10 AM
link   
20 years ago in Germany, if you got raped by your husband, it was acceptable still before law.

We should change that too because how can I serve my hubby if I do not get on my knees whenever he wishes to? The rest is just collateral damage I will take for being a good wife.

Excuse me, now I have to get back to my kitchen where I belong.

posted on Sep, 8 2019 @ 09:13 AM
link   

Sexual relations, unions, relationships etc - whatever was illegal before, but is legal now basically

Okay. Thanks...
I don't care if people of the same sex want to screw, date, marry, adopt, divorce, etc...AS LONG AS it's consentual and no paedophilia is involved.

edit on 8-9-2019 by IAMTAT because: (no reason given)

edit on 8-9-2019 by IAMTAT because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 8 2019 @ 09:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: Oleandra88
20 years ago in Germany, if you got raped by your husband, it was acceptable still before law.

We should change that too because how can I serve my hubby if I do not get on my knees whenever he wishes to? The rest is just collateral damage I will take for being a good wife.

Excuse me, now I have to get back to my kitchen where I belong.

I'm just making a point that society doesn't necessarily move in a single direction.

Same-sex stuff wasn't actually frowned upon long, long ago (ancient Greeks for example).

Society moves in different directions and at different times.

All of these laws could easily be repealed in the future.

Repatriation laws could even exist in the future for current citizens.

Don't think that society moves in one direction.

posted on Sep, 8 2019 @ 09:14 AM
link   

Okay. Thanks...
I don't care if people of the same sex want to screw, date, marry, adopt, divorce, etc...AS LONG AS no paedophila is involved.

It's fine that YOU don't care - but a future society could repeal several laws in the future.

Societies don't necessarily move in one single direction.

link   

So why, if all this stuff is legal now, why would we we want to make it illegal again?

Yes, laws change when people realize that it doesn’t make sense to keep things illegal.

Why the suggestion that because something was illegal, before, that it should be again?
❓❓❓

link   
a reply to: IAMTAT

If Epstein's island comes up for sale are you 3 idiots planning to
buy it?

posted on Sep, 8 2019 @ 09:15 AM
link   
All I see is you wanting to move backwards. Not to the time where it was accepted, long long ago. But somewhere in the middle. Maybe around the time witches were burnt.

You would fit right into it with your reasoning.

posted on Sep, 8 2019 @ 09:16 AM
link   

Well it seems I must explain how flawed your logic is then.

Women voting:1920

Gay people rights: early 2000's

The world changes. Should we take away women's right to vote along with the LGBT stuff?

posted on Sep, 8 2019 @ 09:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: snowspirit

So why, if all this stuff is legal now, why would we we want to make it illegal again?

Yes, laws change when people realize that it doesn’t make sense to keep things illegal.

Why the suggestion that because something was illegal, before, that it should be again?
❓❓❓

Quite a few things have been legalized, then banned, then legalized again.

The death penalty, for example, in some countries.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join