It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Should We The West repeal same-sex and "LGBT" Laws?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 8 2019 @ 08:35 AM
link   
Should We The West repeal same-sex and "LGBT" law?

Countries like the United States, Canada, the UK and France?

Should we recriminalize same-sex relationships, sex, unions and marriages?

Pros?

Cons?

Let's have a discussion.

NB: Note that many of these things were only made legal in the last few decades. They're not enshrined in constitutions etc. They were illegal not too long ago, so laws can be easily repealed and gay sex and marriages and same-sex stuff and "LGBT" can be easily recriminalized.

+6 more 
posted on Sep, 8 2019 @ 08:37 AM
link   
a reply to: AnakinWayneII

Yes.

Freedom is stupid and I don't like it.

People keep doing things that I disagree with.

posted on Sep, 8 2019 @ 08:38 AM
link   

What is so horrible about two consenting adults who love each other wanting to marry?

I don't see what benefit could come from denying individuals the freedom to marry those that they love.

posted on Sep, 8 2019 @ 08:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: CriticalStinker

Yes.

Freedom is stupid and I don't like it.

People keep doing things that I disagree with.

That's not what I said.

Stuff like this used to be illegal not too long ago, despite the fact we still lived in a "free" society.

You do realise same-sex stuff and marriage and "LGBT" was ILLEGAL not too long ago in "The West". Why is this such a shock? Societies in "The West" were still "free" when such things were ILLEGAL...

posted on Sep, 8 2019 @ 08:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

What is so horrible about two consenting adults who love each other wanting to marry?

I don't see what benefit could come from denying individuals the freedom to marry those that they love.

I never said it's "horrible".

I'm just reminding you that this stuff was illegal not too long ago and wasn't even enshrined in constitutions. Legislations made it legal/decriminalized them. And Legislation can be repealed.

When such stuff was ILLEGAL, people still said we are living in "free" societies...
edit on 8-9-2019 by AnakinWayneII because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 8 2019 @ 08:47 AM
link   

As I always say, the government knows best.

I wish aside from significant others, the government could pick my friends too.

My friends are mean sometimes, I'm sure the ones government would give me would be great.

link   

originally posted by: AnakinWayneII

I'm just reminding you that this stuff was illegal not too long ago and wasn't even enshrined in constitutions. Legislations made it legal/decriminalized them. And Legislation can be repealed.

When such stuff was ILLEGAL, people still said we are living in "free" societies...

Well, now our society is "more free".

link   

Well this being a yes or no question, my answer is...…………………...A BIG FAT NO !!!!

posted on Sep, 8 2019 @ 08:50 AM
link   

How can we make society "even more free" - than it is now, I mean?

Any ideas?

link   

Ummm...yes...government should not be in the business of awarding preferential treatment to any gender...class...or race...

It’s always the misapplication...and misinterpretation of already existing law that denies rights...

If a group is given special consideration under the law...then equal protection is no longer a guarantor for all other groups...

The Constitution already provides for equal treatment...some segments of society expect extra considerations not granted to all other segments...

YouSir

link   

originally posted by: Tarzan the apeman.

Well this being a yes or no question, my answer is...…………………...A BIG FAT NO !!!!

Why not?

posted on Sep, 8 2019 @ 08:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: YouSir

Ummm...yes...government should not be in the business of awarding preferential treatment to any gender...class...or race...

It’s always the misapplication...and misinterpretation of already existing law that denies rights...

If a group is given special consideration under the law...then equal protection is no longer a guarantor for all other groups...

The Constitution already provides for equal treatment...some segments of society expect extra considerations not granted to all other segments...

YouSir

The US Constitution provides for equal treatment?

But in history, black folk were mistreated and abused and far far worse stuff? And same-sex and LGBT was illegal. And women were third-class citizen. But the Constitution still existed back then.

posted on Sep, 8 2019 @ 08:52 AM
link   

Any ideas?

Repeal seatbelt laws, helmet laws, laws that criminalize drugs, repeal laws against prostitution. . . . . . for a start.

posted on Sep, 8 2019 @ 08:53 AM
link   

I would ask you for a list of ‘pros’ for the government being involved in marriage in any way.
I can think of a few ‘cons’.
edit on b000000302019-09-08T08:54:07-05:0008America/ChicagoSun, 08 Sep 2019 08:54:07 -0500800000019 by butcherguy because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 8 2019 @ 08:54 AM
link   

We hold these Truths to be self-evident, that all Men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty, and the Pursuit of Happiness

Even if they like other dudes. So it seems someone did think enough about others to include everyone.

The problem exists when we are forced to like it or accept it as normal. Others still have the right to say "yuk", as they allow everyone to peruse happiness.

In short, stick your junk where you like, but don't tell me about it, I don't care.

posted on Sep, 8 2019 @ 08:55 AM
link   

Any ideas?

Repeal seatbelt laws, helmet laws, laws that criminalize drugs, repeal laws against prostitution. . . . . . for a start.

Cannabis was illegal until recently in *some* countries. Other countries are in the process of decriminalising cannabis.

Some ruling parties in *some* countries have also expressed motivations to decriminalize prostitution and even regulate it...

One or two nations are even in the process of decriminalizing use of L SD - in a regulated and controlled fashion (mental health treatment for example).
edit on 8-9-2019 by AnakinWayneII because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 8 2019 @ 08:56 AM
link   

Good point, we can still be "free", but let the government make decisions for us. Government is like mom, they know best.

On the topic of marriage, government should only allow us to marry similarly attractive people (of the opposite gender of course, lol). This will prevent divorce and keep some of those fine ladies on the market.

Lol.

posted on Sep, 8 2019 @ 08:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: network dude

We hold these Truths to be self-evident, that all Men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty, and the Pursuit of Happiness

Even if they like other dudes. So it seems someone did think enough about others to include everyone.

The problem exists when we are forced to like it or accept it as normal. Others still have the right to say "yuk", as they allow everyone to peruse happiness.

In short, stick your junk where you like, but don't tell me about it, I don't care.

The US Constitution? In law in the late 1700s? At the time, Slavery was well and present and widespread, women could not vote and same-sex and LGBT stuff was illegal.

posted on Sep, 8 2019 @ 08:59 AM
link   

I have no problem with same-sex marriage...people should be able to marry whom they want to marry.

posted on Sep, 8 2019 @ 08:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: butcherguy

I would ask you for a list of ‘pros’ for the government being involved in marriage in any way.
I can think of a few ‘cons’.

Marriage was only one of the things mentioned in the OP.

I mentioned same-sex stuff and LGBT stuff in general.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join