It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Agency reverses course on Trump's Alabama hurricane claim

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 9 2019 @ 07:28 AM
link   
Must be a good week for winning, only thing to complain about is sharpie on a weather map.

posted on Sep, 9 2019 @ 07:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: jrod
a reply to: UKTruth

The probabilities were always nil that Alabama could receive hurricane force winds. When it looked like Dorian was going to strike Florida, there was a chart issued that showed a very low probability(10% or less) that Alabama could see tropical storm force winds. As more information became available it was apparent that Alabama was not in the danger zone days before Trump's infamous tweet.

No one at NOAA advised Trump Alabama was at risk. He clearly was confused by the 'spagetti model's.'

The fact he cannot admit he made a mistake is alarming, I am even more concerned how far his supporters will go to justify his incompetence.

1) Trump did not mention the force of the winds that the NOAA predicted would hit Alabama
2) Trump tweeted on Sep 1st - DURING the time he was being unpdated by the NOAA that Alabama would be hit. NOT 4 days later.

You sir, are lying.

edit on 9/9/2019 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 9 2019 @ 07:35 AM
link   
Trump, concerned over the storm communicated to the American public and focused on a disaster that luckily never came to pass. Are you pleased the president looks "foolish" because the storm didn't have the projected impact? in your eyes showing he is with the American people before a potentially devastating storm?

If you're concerned about the president being alarmist, why do you watch CNN?

a reply to: Sookiechacha

posted on Sep, 9 2019 @ 07:39 AM
link   
a reply to: jtma508

There's no proof at all anything you said is true 🤓 🐔

posted on Sep, 9 2019 @ 08:37 AM
link   

Um check my thread on Dorian, I'm accurate. By Sept 1, it was apparent Dorian was not a threat to Alabama.

You sir are doing mental gymnastics to justify Trump's incompetence.

posted on Sep, 9 2019 @ 08:39 AM
link   
a reply to: Justoneman

I tracked Dorian on a thread here. Never did I use CNN as a source.

Just the National Hurricane Center, Tropical Tidbits, Spagettitmodels.com and the Storm2k forums.
edit on 9-9-2019 by jrod because: Add

posted on Sep, 9 2019 @ 08:46 AM
link   

www.abovetopsecret.com...

That is my thread on Sept 1st, by then it seemed likely that Dorian would only impact the east coast of Florida and the chances were nil that it would be any threat to the west coast of Florida or anywhere on the Gulf Coast.

I do not why you cannot accept the FACT that Trump was very wrong when he said Alabama was in the danger zone.

posted on Sep, 9 2019 @ 09:15 AM
link   
Here is an archived discussion about the computer models from early in the morning on Sept 1st well before Trump's tweet.

This forum has many professional meteorologist giving their expert opinion.

www.storm2k.org...

Absolutely no chance that Dorian was a threat to Alabama or the Gulf Coast. That possibility was ruled out days before he made the infamous tweet.

Trump is a narcissist and no surprise that he is unwilling to admit he is wrong. This is most certainly a problem.

Furthermore Trump's cheerleaders also refuse to admit he was wrong and will justify the mistakes he makes.

Reasonable people are taking note, things like this will make voters less likely to vote for him. If you cannot see this is a blatant display of incompetence on Trump's behalf, then I truly feel sorry for you.
edit on 9-9-2019 by jrod because: G

posted on Sep, 9 2019 @ 09:43 AM
link   

www.abovetopsecret.com...

That is my thread on Sept 1st, by then it seemed likely that Dorian would only impact the east coast of Florida and the chances were nil that it would be any threat to the west coast of Florida or anywhere on the Gulf Coast.

I do not why you cannot accept the FACT that Trump was very wrong when he said Alabama was in the danger zone.

The NOAA disagrees with you, both their statement and their data.
I don't know why you can't accept you were wrong.

posted on Sep, 9 2019 @ 09:44 AM
link   
a reply to: jrod

Why would I check your thread?
The NOAA have already confirmed the position and you were wrong.

I can easily check their twitter feed where it shows on August 31st a 20% chance of tropical storm force winds in Alabama
twitter.com...

Thats the day before Trump's tweet. NOT 4 days.

Moreover, I can see on the same timeline that there was still a reported 10% chance of tropical storm force winds hitting Alabama reported on Sep 1st, the DAY Trump tweeted.
twitter.com...

So quit with your lies and come to terms with the FACT that your President was right (and will unboubtedly be far far more informed on the subject than you), and you were simply wrong - now AND at the time.

I suppose you could always quadruple down and claim the NOAA's twitter feed has been changed

posted on Sep, 9 2019 @ 09:51 AM
link   

posted on Sep, 9 2019 @ 09:56 AM
link   

The actual scientists at NOAA are calling out those in charge of the agency for putting out an unscientific statement just to placate the President.

NOAA’s chief scientist will investigate why agency backed Trump over its experts on Dorian, email shows

posted on Sep, 9 2019 @ 10:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: Xcalibur254

The actual scientists at NOAA are calling out those in charge of the agency for putting out an unscientific statement just to placate the President.

NOAA’s chief scientist will investigate why agency backed Trump over its experts on Dorian, email shows

The ACTUAL NOAA Twitter feed confirms the statement and that the President was right.
Some Trump haters dug up by WAPO can't change reality.
See above for the ACTUAL tweets on the ACTUAL days.
Try again (or, more advisedly) give up on your nonsense.

posted on Sep, 9 2019 @ 10:01 AM
link   

A PR person that Trump appointed who is not A meteorologist backed him up.

All meteorologist disagree with Trump on this one. Instead of admitting he was wrong, he threatens NOAA personal with their job to back him up. That is messed up.

The fact you refuse to look at actual data from the time frame in question tells me you do not care about facts. You just want to 'win' the debate. It is a damn shame that you and so many other refuse to admit there is a problem.

I've been tracking hurricanes since I was a child. I know my stuff when it comes to them. If you want to belittle my knowledge because I do not worship Trump, that's on you.

The fact is you Trump was very wrong. So wrong that the NWS in Birmingham, Alabama issued a statement o refute Trump wild claim.

posted on Sep, 9 2019 @ 10:02 AM
link   

A PR person that Trump appointed who is not A meteorologist backed him up.

All meteorologist disagree with Trump on this one. Instead of admitting he was wrong, he threatens NOAA personal with their job to back him up. That is messed up.

The fact you refuse to look at actual data from the time frame in question tells me you do not care about facts. You just want to 'win' the debate. It is a damn shame that you and so many other refuse to admit there is a problem.

I've been tracking hurricanes since I was a child. I know my stuff when it comes to them. If you want to belittle my knowledge because I do not worship Trump, that's on you.

The fact is you Trump was very wrong. So wrong that the NWS in Birmingham, Alabama issued a statement o refute Trump wild claim.

I've linked the ACTUAL data presented by NOAA at the time.
Check Mate.

posted on Sep, 9 2019 @ 10:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: Xcalibur254

Good luck trying to reason with the unreasonable. Trump can truly do no wrong in their eyes.

A PR person with NOAA issued that statement, NOT A METEOROLOGIST!

It was discussed on another thread on here. I am deeply disturbed by the lengths that some are going to justify Trump's incompetence.

posted on Sep, 9 2019 @ 10:07 AM
link   
a reply to: jrod

The probabilities were always nil that Alabama could receive hurricane force winds.

I know you have showed an extraordinary talent for predicting Dorian's next move, but in this case you are wrong. There have been many hurricanes that have made landfall in Florida, moved across the state, reformed to hurricane strength, and gone on to threaten the Gulf Coast. It is not uncommon, and the conditions appeared ripe for that to happen in the early days of Dorian. The first forecast I saw had him hitting Florida mid-peninsula head-on, which is the exact recipe for reformation over the Gulf. The stall and subsequent turn north came later.

Even Don Lemon at CNN had a guest meteorologist on in late August that stated the same thing: Alabama and the Gulf Coast could be impacted. I'm just glad they were all wrong.

TheRedneck

posted on Sep, 9 2019 @ 10:09 AM
link   

The problem we have is PR people who are loyal to Trump, his lies, and his incompetence are trying to override what the actual scientist are saying.

You linked political hogwash, I linked the actual archived weather model data from Sept. 1 here.

Political bias has no place in a scientific discussion.

Trying to arbitrary declare victory once again shows you do not care about the actual facts and science.

posted on Sep, 9 2019 @ 10:11 AM
link   

The problem we have is PR people who are loyal to Trump, his lies, and his incompetence are trying to override what the actual scientist are saying.

You linked political hogwash, I linked the actual archived weather model data from Sept. 1 here.

Political bias has no place in a scientific discussion.

Trying to arbitrary declare victory once again shows you do not care about the actual facts and science.

I linked the ACTUAL NOAA twitter feed updates FROM THE DAY AND PRECEDING day that Trump tweeted.
Deny reality all you want.
As I said, check mate... unless you are going to tell us that the NOAA have altered their twitter feed?

ABSOLUTE FACT (confimed by NOAAs own reporting AT THE TIME) : The NOAA reported a 20% and 10% chance of tropical storm force winds hitting the east side of Alabama on the 31st August and the 1st September respectively.

You and many others, who are the ones politically motivated, have been duped by CNN and other Trump hating media. Point your angst at them for making you look like a fool instead of at a President who is fully briefed on these matters and was using his platform to correctly give a warning to people.

posted on Sep, 9 2019 @ 10:16 AM
link   
The GAME being played is called "Bias by ommision"

When evaluating a source, look for Bias by Omission. It will give you a good idea where this source leans and what their motivations are.

Coast Guard rear admiral defends Trump from storm of backlash after Alabama forecast

In a statement disseminated by the White House on Thursday, homeland security and counterterrorism adviser Peter Brown argued the president was correct in addressing the "potential impact" on several states, including Alabama.

"As the Homeland Security and Counterterrorism Advisor, I briefed President Donald J. Trump multiple times concerning the position, forecast, risks, and Federal Government preparations for and response to Hurricane Dorian," his statement read. "I showed the President the official National Hurricane Center forecast, which included the 'cone' that projects the potential path of the eye of the storm. The president and I also reviewed other products, including multiple meteorological models (often called the 'spaghetti models') and graphics that displayed the time of onset and geographical range of tropical storm force winds, storm surge, and rainfall. These products showed possible storm impacts well outside the official forecast cone."

"While speaking to the press on Sunday, September 1, the President address Hurricane Dorian and its potential impact on multiple states, including Alabama. The President's comments were based on that morning's Hurricane Dorian briefing, which included the possibility of tropical storm force winds in southeastern Alabama," Brown said. "In fact, from the evening of Tuesday, August 27, until the morning of Monday, September 2, forecasts from the National Hurricane Center showed the possibility of tropical storm force winds hitting parts of Alabama."......

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join