It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Agency reverses course on Trump's Alabama hurricane claim

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 8 2019 @ 01:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: ManFromEurope
Did you guys know that he invited the Taliban to Camp David? On the week of 9/11 anniversary?

Already cancelled 😎 🐇

You missed the strategy points again 😎🐇

posted on Sep, 8 2019 @ 07:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: XCrycek

originally posted by: ElectricUniverse
a reply to: Sookiechacha

OMG, the POTUS MIGHT have made a mistake and now THE WORLD IS GOING TO END BECAUSE SOOKIECHACHA CLAIMS IT WILL!!! WOE TO THE WORLD...

The thing is, no matter how big or small mistake Trump makes, you guys flock like flies around a turd to excuse him.

Only a fool thinks that. Doi you think that, really know? I pity those who think so poorly.

posted on Sep, 8 2019 @ 07:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sookiechacha
a reply to: ElectricUniverse

ssued a statement from an unidentified spokesman

You have to wonder, why this person refused to be named?

The advisories were dated from last Wednesday, Aug. 28, through Monday, the statement read.

How believable is that? Like hurricane paths don't change in 5 days?

More believable than Mueller taking down Trump, I'd say.

posted on Sep, 8 2019 @ 07:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: trb71
This is the most simple issue that should never have gone to anywhere this level, and would have never if Trump didnt keep harping on it and bringing up because he can't stand being wrong on anything on any level. I followed that hurricane closely as I enjoy meteorology and had friends in the path of the storm, I also have friends that are in the meteorology and "amateur" meteorology fields.

All he had to do was say he was given "outdated" information and you know what, it probably would have been a passable excuse. To me it wouldnt be, because the President has access to a phone in approximately 45 seconds can have TropicalTidbits pulled up and have access to the very latest storm tracks and data. Since he skipped a trip to Poland to focus on this hurricane I'd hope he had those extra 60 seconds free. Instead we're clinging onto old models and stupid sharpie drawings that were well out of date by the time he tweeted about Alabama when there was pretty much 100% consensus between all models and meteorologists that Alabama was going to be in the clear.

I have a friend was/is a Trump supporter that is also big into meteorology (to the point he was creating his own weather models to test on predicting where this hurricane was going) that keeps asking me why Trump keeps harping on this when he was wrong.

And even then..this story would have probably been old news 4 to 5 days ago if he didnt keep bringing it up in new tweets.

so Reeeeeee is all you have too? Geeeze, no surprise the leftist are making up reasons to hate someone based on lies and to then spinning the goal posts to anew destination as if we won't notice.
Come on people we are much better than posts like this one to explain orange mans behavior that trigger fools.

posted on Sep, 8 2019 @ 07:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: LordAhriman
Dumbf*ck's claim was that Alabama was likely to be hit harder than currently expected. Not that they may get some wind from it. He made that up, and used a sharpie to make it look like he didnt.

Why are you so triggered by this whole thing? If the President has to say anything at all, I'd rather him say to take precautions than to underestimate the storm.

posted on Sep, 8 2019 @ 07:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: contextual
He's basically gotten the nations weather agency to play along with his lie and, his fanboys celebrate. What happened to drain the swamp?
This was once upon a time a conspiracy website, government secrets being exposed being the raison d'etre, what's it been reduced too?
A president making no attempt to even cover up his own corruption being cheered to the rafters and some self diagnosed idiot savants who thinks qanon uncovered a sex dungeon on mars.

Haaa haa, you wish. How can you be so off base at this point is obvious. You hate America, admit it. OR barely tolerate Americans and that is only if they speak like you deem acceptable and hate on Trump too.

posted on Sep, 8 2019 @ 07:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: XCrycek

originally posted by: ElectricUniverse

OMG, the POTUS MIGHT have made a mistake and now THE WORLD IS GOING TO END BECAUSE SOOKIECHACHA CLAIMS IT WILL!!! WOE TO THE WORLD...

The thing is, no matter how big or small mistake Trump makes, you guys flock like flies around a turd to excuse him.

Well, as the op indicates, you fools like to jump the gun on these "mistakes". Numerous times Trump has been proven correct.

posted on Sep, 8 2019 @ 08:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: UKTruth

originally posted by: Arnie123

originally posted by: UKTruth

originally posted by: Sookiechacha
a reply to: Arnie123

Gaslight away. You can't change history, or erase the internet. We don't even need the Way Back Machine for this.

No we can just use plain facts:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

You've really made a mess of yourself over this one.
It's almost as if the very thing they are blaming Trump on, "To just drop", is actually affecting them, to just drop it. But Orange Man Bad, REEEEEE

I actually love it when they double down on stupid. Reality keeps slapping them round the face and they keep asking for more. Wonderful.

One thing, it is so awesome just to reinforce what my opinion on such matters with my friends. Those who are on the fence don't normally realize how the left truly thinks. Our native American side of my wife's family have been getting misled by the MSM and realize it now. My lovely wife keeps pointing out these contradictions that are verifiable if people wish to verify them.

Not that the Indians ever trusted the establishment, they just don't get a chance to see the lies in action. Not much of a way for them to get information not word of mouth unless they turn on the free local channels of TV (they just aren't buying the Dish or even Netflix for some reason only internet. We realized that they were only getting NBC type liars and their local affiliates of the major networks. All of those appear to lie to them nightly IMO.

It is priceless for us when they realize they are seeing it for themselves. Idiots posting tripe they can't support makes it easy for them to see. Thank you marxist from the bottom of my heart for putting that tripe in print to attempt to prove you have the way of the future. Now I can prove it happened without a doubt and I thank you.

edit on 8-9-2019 by Justoneman because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 8 2019 @ 08:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: LordAhriman

originally posted by: TheRedneck
Donald Trump was wrong about Dorian

That's not the problem. He still claims he was right, he's still ranting on Twitter about how he was right, and he used a sharpie to make it look like he was right.

HE was right. Once again, you guys refuse to accept reality.

What he was wrong to do was to keep talking about it after he knew he was right. Right that the 1st several days when Peurto Rico was a swing and a miss, that even Louisiana was possibly going to be needing to prep. That is the truth and for CNN to forget that Don Lemon said so on camera is just treasonous crap to prove orange man is evil at this point.

edit on 8-9-2019 by Justoneman because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 8 2019 @ 08:44 AM
link   
a reply to: Justoneman

Dorian was one of those hurricanes that every so often pop up and remind people just how unpredictable they are. I still remember when it was supposed to hit Florida dead-on as a Cat 1, after crossing the Bahamas as a tropical storm. Then it was a Cat 2 at landfall, then concerns about it crossing into the Gulf and re-strengthening. That's a pretty common occurrence, btw, and most likely would have affected the Alabama coast.

Everyone got it wrong at first. NOAA, NWS, NHC, local meteorologists, everyone. But only President Donald Trump bears the blame. If that's not proof of TDS, I don't know what is.

I take that back; I do know what it is: pathetic.

TheRedneck

posted on Sep, 8 2019 @ 09:54 AM
link   
Well, now it seems NOAA has reversed it's course on its reversal.

NOAA staff was warned against providing 'opinion' about Dorian after Trump comments: report

The National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA) reportedly warned its staff against providing information beyond official forecasts just hours after President Trump claimed in a tweet that Alabama could be impacted by Hurricane Dorian.

The agency issued the directive on Sept. 1, according to an email obtained by The Washington Post.

The email, which was sent to National Weather Service personnel, told employees to "stick with official National Hurricane Center forecasts if questions arise from some national level social media posts which hit the news this afternoon.”

The Post noted that the email also cautioned staff against providing "any opinion" when faced with questions about the hurricane. “This is the first time I’ve felt pressure from above to not say what truly is the forecast,” the meteorologist said to the Post. “It’s hard for me to wrap my head around."

It seems as usual, all the right wing people defending Trumps dementia are proven wrong yet again. This is nothing more than a narcissistic old man who can't admit when he's wrong. To the point of trying to influence federal agencies to toe the line of his madness.

How you all can blindly support the politicization of things like NOAA is beyond me. But here we are.

posted on Sep, 8 2019 @ 09:59 AM
link   
a reply to: Justoneman

HE was right.

In no known universe was he right. By the time the tweeter in question tweeted, Alabama was out of the woods, by all accounts.

posted on Sep, 8 2019 @ 10:02 AM
link   
It all makes sense to me now. The core group of 'Trump Can Never Be Wrong' supporters think exactly like Trump. They cannot accept the fallibility of this clown so will tie themselves in knots to back him up on every count. No matter what evidence is shown that Trump misspoke or was wrong it's always a problem with the evidence. Even footage coming out of the horse's mouth that contradicts himself. Nope. Trump is perfect in every way. Now, if anyone else did and said crap like this, you lot would be up their collective ass. A sharpied weather map? I mean seriously, WTF? The fact is NONE of the weather models ever suggested Alabama was going to be affected. Except for the Trump model, of course.

posted on Sep, 8 2019 @ 11:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: Arnie123

Naw, you're just wrong as always and now, as expected, you double down on the ridiculous.

Bro, just stop, you look silly.

Projection is the reality that Trumpites appear to live in.

Trump was wrong.
He doubles down on the ridiculous.

First with his words, then drawing on a NOAA map with a magic marker and hoping no one would notice.

Finally with finding an anonymous employee at NOAA to issue a statement that still does not excuse the Presidents Illegal blunder (Yes it is Illegal to counterfeit weather forecast or warn of weather conditions falsely ).

Alabama had LESS THAN 5% chance of feeling ANY WIND EFFECTS AT ALL of Hurricane Dorian.

NOAA's linked map 8AM SUN SEPT 1st 2019

Trumps Tweet

9:51 AM SEPT 1st 2019

Donald J. Trump
@realDonaldTrump
In addition to Florida - South Carolina, North Carolina, Georgia, and Alabama, will most likely be hit (much) harder than anticipated. Looking like one of the largest hurricanes ever. Already category 5. BE CAREFUL! GOD BLESS EVERYONE!

9:51 AM - Sep 1, 2019

Your orange god is a Moron. His stupidity is usually just amusing or annoying, but in this case it was also illegal.

It is awesome watching you guys defend stuff like this!

The choices are dishonest or incapable of understanding first grade time and math.

What confuses you?

The difference between a 5% risk that ANY winds what-so-ever would reach Alabama vs. "Alabama, will most likely be hit (much) harder than anticipated"?

Or is it that whole confusing time issue? Sept. follows August. Aug 28th, then 29th, then 30th...and then (this is tricky) Aug. 31st, THEN Sept 1st.

edit on 8-9-2019 by Extorris because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 8 2019 @ 11:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: underwerks

The Post noted that the email also cautioned staff against providing "any opinion" when faced with questions about the hurricane. “This is the first time I’ve felt pressure from above to not say what truly is the forecast,” the meteorologist said to the Post. “It’s hard for me to wrap my head around."

THAT is why congress long ago made it illegal to falsify NOAA forecasts and materials.

The President of the USA panicked the State of Alabama with a FALSE claim that they would be struck by Hurricane Dorian.

It is like every week he finds a new way to secure his place as the most blundering, incompetent, thin-skinned, pathological liar, failure of President in US History.

posted on Sep, 8 2019 @ 11:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: ManFromEurope
Did you guys know that he invited the Taliban to Camp David? On the week of 9/11 anniversary?

OMG I thought you were kidding.

It sounds like an onion article, BUT NO...Trump actually invited the Taliban to visit Camp David the week of the 9-11 anniversary.

YES, he decided to cancel it...after someone reminded him that was 9-11 and the Taliban helped Al-Qaeda prepare the attacks.

posted on Sep, 8 2019 @ 11:53 AM
link   

He makes boneheaded mistakes multiple times a day. He is starting to become a caricature reminiscent of old Gerald Ford and Ronald Reagan SNL skits.

posted on Sep, 8 2019 @ 11:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: conspiracy nut

He makes boneheaded mistakes multiple times a day. He is starting to become a caricature reminiscent of old Gerald Ford and Ronald Reagan SNL skits.

He surpassed that his first week in office.

posted on Sep, 8 2019 @ 11:55 AM
link   
a reply to: jtma508

Anyone that questions him is reeee TDS orange man bad!!!!!

posted on Sep, 8 2019 @ 11:59 AM
link   
a reply to: conspiracy nut

And anyone remotely saying a good thing is a "Trumper" or "Trumped" or what ever. Let us keep it real, both sides are guilty of the same idiotic train of thoughts.

We all know this is the case. Question is, who is ready to jump over their own shadow (a saying) and get things done finally.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join