It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Agency reverses course on Trump's Alabama hurricane claim

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 10 2019 @ 06:06 PM
link   
a reply to: UKTruth

All you need is to look at Trump and his pathetic Sharpie map to know that the data he had showed Alabama "out of the woods" at the time of his erroneous tweet, that was rightfully countered by professionals within 20 minutes.

posted on Sep, 10 2019 @ 06:33 PM
link   
a reply to: Sookiechacha

TRUMP: “In addition to Florida - South Carolina, North Carolina, Georgia, and Alabama, will most likely be hit (much) harder than anticipated. Looking like one of the largest hurricanes ever. Already category 5.” — tweet Sunday, 7:51 a.m.

NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE, Birmingham: “Alabama will NOT see any impacts from #Dorian. We repeat, no impacts from Hurricane #Dorian will be felt across Alabama. The system will remain too far east.” — tweet Sunday, 8:11 a.m.

A) It was never, ever, "Most likely" that Alabama would be hit hard.
B) Dorian was not by any measure, what-so-ever "one of the largest hurricanes ever".
C) After the Tweet, Christopher Vaccaro of the NOAA said "The current forecast path of Dorian does not include Alabama.”
D) Trump presented an altered NOAA map with magic marker shown to include Alabama. When questioned about it, he had no explanation.

Craig McLean, Chief Scientist of NOAA, National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration:

"I am pursuing the potential violations of our NOAA Administrative Order on Scientific Integrity," McLean wrote. "My understanding is that this intervention to contradict the forecaster was not based on science but on external factors including reputation and appearance, or simply put, political."

He also said that the unsigned agency press release that came out Friday backing the president compromises NOAA's ability "to convey life-saving information necessary to avoid substantial and specific danger to public health and safety."

www.npr.org...

Catch that? The Chief Scientist of the NOAA is calling BS.

You guys are hanging your hat on an anonymous employee at NOAA, while it's Chief Scientist calls BS. Oh, that and Trump's magic marker.
edit on 10-9-2019 by Extorris because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 10 2019 @ 06:36 PM
link   
A letter from Craig McLean...NOAA reverses its position again, in a stinging message.

During the course of the storm, as I am sure you are aware, there were routine and exceptional expert forecasts, the best possible, issued by the NWS Forecasters. These are remarkable colleagues of ours, who receive our products, use them well, and provide the benefit of their own experience in announcing accurate forecasts accompanied by the distinction of all credible scientists—they sign their work. As I'm sure you also know, there was a complex issue involving the President commenting on the path of the hurricane. The NWS Forecaster(s) corrected any public misunderstanding in an expert and timely way, as they should.

There followed, last Friday, an unsigned press release from "NOAA" that inappropriately and incorrectly contradicted the NWS forecaster. My understanding is that this intervention to contradict the forecaster was not based on science but on external factors including reputation and appearance, or simply put, political. Our NOAA Scientific Integrity Policy and Code of Scientific Conduct make clear that all NOAA employees shall approach all scientific activities with honesty, objectively, and completely, without allegiance to individuals, organizations, or ideology. The content of this press release is very concerning as it compromises the ability of NOAA to convey life-saving information necessary to avoid substantial and specific danger to public health and safety. If the public cannot trust our information, or we debase our forecaster's warnings and products, that specific danger arises.

Unfortunately, the press release of last Friday violated this trust and violated NOAA's policies of scientific integrity. In my role as Assistant Administrator for Research, and as I continue to administratively serve as Acting Chief Scientist, I am pursuing the potential violations of our NOAA Administrative Order on Scientific Integrity.

www.research.noaa.gov...

posted on Sep, 10 2019 @ 06:56 PM
link   
a reply to: Extorris

So you claim the POTUS lied by lying?...

The fact is that far lefties like yourself don't care whether he said something, and if he had said nothing you would also be making claims on how "he doesn't care..."

NOAA is also the same agency which has given claims that anthropogenic CO2 is at least partly responsible for climate change, and that in turn mankind is responsible despite the fact that thousands of scientists differ from this claim... Do you want to go after NOAA and other agencies like NASA in which activists passing as scientists keep on trying to blame mankind when there is no proof of this?...

Hurricane activity is undeniably linked to sea surface temperatures (see Ch. 2: Climate, Box 2.5 for a discussion on the 2017 Atlantic hurricane season). Other influences being equal, warmer waters yield stronger hurricanes with heavier rainfall. The tropical Atlantic Ocean has warmed over the past century, at least partly due to human-caused emissions of greenhouse gases.

www.climate.gov...

You don't give a # because what you care for is to politicize anything and everything against the POTUS.

When Hansen, a known green activist, was in charge of NASA several NASA former employees, and even employees tried to give articles which disagreed with "Hansen's activism," so having at least one employee of NOAA disagree with the head honcho/s of NOAA is nothing new.

posted on Sep, 10 2019 @ 06:58 PM
link   
a reply to: Sookiechacha

And those claims are complete BS since NOAA very often claims that climate change is linked to mankind's activity, and this is a BELIEF that the left has, including "activist scientists" whose only purpose is to push for the green agenda and lie constantly about it.

edit on 10-9-2019 by ElectricUniverse because: correct comment.

posted on Sep, 10 2019 @ 07:01 PM
link   
a reply to: UKTruth

You once again show a complete lack of understanding on weather forecasts.

The forecast that was issued August 27th was a 5 day forecast....the rainbow wind chart. By the 30th of August, and by most certainly on September 1st, that preliminary forecast from the 27th was invalid because much more information was available. This would be like taking a weekly forecast on Monday to make weekend plans, then totally ignoring Friday's forecast for the upcoming weekend

It is clear you are being intellectually dishonest here, or as someone else put it you are here to obfuscate and deflect
edit on 10-9-2019 by jrod because: G

posted on Sep, 10 2019 @ 07:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: ElectricUniverse

SETH BORENSTEIN and KEVIN FREKING
The latest defense came out Friday evening, when the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration issued a statement from an unidentified spokesman stating that information provided by NOAA and the National Hurricane Center to the president had demonstrated that "tropical-storm-force winds from Hurricane Dorian could impact Alabama." The advisories were dated from last Wednesday, Aug. 28, through Monday, the statement read.
The latest defense came out Friday evening, when the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration issued a statement from an unidentified spokesman stating that information provided by NOAA and the National Hurricane Center to the president had demonstrated that "tropical-storm-force winds from Hurricane Dorian could impact Alabama." The advisories were dated from last Wednesday, Aug. 28, through Monday, the statement read.

Agency reverses course on Trump's Alabama hurricane claim

So it seems POTUS Trump had gotten information from NOAA that said there was a probability for Alabama to be impacted by tropical-storm-force winds from Hurricane Dorian.

We have all seen how the anti-Trump crowd tried to use POTUS Trumps statements as "proof" that he lies, or that he is somehow insane for having made the statements he made. But now we know that POTUS Trump did receive information from NOAA which stated Alabama could be impacted by Hurricane Dorian.

My guess is "left-wingers/anti-Trump" jumped at yet another "opportunity" to bash at the POTUS because their "Trump deranged syndrome" is real and affects their common sense. If anyone is "insane" and "lying all the time" it seems obvious that it is the "never Trump crowd."

And those claims are complete BS since NOAA very often claims that climate change is linked to mankind's activity, and this is a BELIEF that the left has, including "activist scientists" whose only purpose is to push for the green agenda and lie constantly about it. www.abovetopsecret.com...

link   
BTW has "Craig McLean, Chief Scientist of NOAA, National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration" or the left in general been calling to go after the left-wing commentators which in the news have claimed that Dorian became so strong because of "anthropogenic CO2?"

Has McLean made statements that he will go after these people for lying through their teeth?

Media Turn Hurricane Dorian Coverage Into Frenzy Of Climate Hysteria

As far as I know neither McLean nor anyone of the "activist scientists" have made such statements or that they will be "pursuing the matter for scientific integrity..." So this claim by McLean and others is nothing but BULLCRAP...

link   
a reply to: ElectricUniverse

There is not a reasonable person who would not call Trump a liar. It is one of his personality traits.

There is nothing political about weather forecasting. Don't pretend there is.

posted on Sep, 10 2019 @ 07:09 PM
link   
a reply to: jrod

Nice try, but false. There is no reasonable person whom would deny that the left lies through your teeth to convert anything and everything into fodder to use against the POTUS, and that is a FACT...

posted on Sep, 10 2019 @ 07:17 PM
link   
a reply to: ElectricUniverse

HAHA! Yeah, it's the left's fault that the Hurricane Dorian didn't hit Alabama! LOL

posted on Sep, 10 2019 @ 07:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: ElectricUniverse

NOAA is also the same agency which has given claims that anthropogenic CO2 is at least partly responsible for climate change,

I heard they also claim that gravity is real and rain is wet!!

Ya...I am aware they believe in science and facts. I don't hold it against them.

I find them more credible than Trump and his sharpie pen.

edit on 10-9-2019 by Extorris because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 10 2019 @ 07:23 PM
link   
Here we go, invest 95L which will likely be named Humberto by this weekend will actually have a chance to bring tropical storm conditions to Alabama this weekend and early next week.

You read it here first!

posted on Sep, 10 2019 @ 07:56 PM
link   

Trump was wrong on this one.

I was wrong when I thought Dorian was an imminent threat to Florida.

And I have not denigrated you one single time for being wrong on that. Neither will I denigrate Trump for being wrong on Alabama.

That's the bottom line. Fair is fair; if you denigrate one, you must denigrate all.

TheRedneck

posted on Sep, 10 2019 @ 08:06 PM
link   

He is being roasted for his willingness to fake government documents, threaten to fire people and throwing a full on tantrum that anyone pointed out his mistake.

Fake government documents? Really? With a sharpie?

Who did Donald Trump threaten to fire?

A tantrum? Was this "tantrum" of the same magnitude of the "panic" in Alabama? Did he lay on the floor and kick? Hold his breath?

Dude, you're just digging yourself deeper.

TheRedneck

posted on Sep, 10 2019 @ 08:12 PM
link   
a reply to: TheRedneck

One thing is for sure, Home Depot, Wal-Mart, and quite a few other places would love for everyone in the rainbow wind forecast probability chart to rush out and get supplies.

posted on Sep, 10 2019 @ 08:17 PM
link   

What the hell happened to E, F, and G?

TheRedneck

posted on Sep, 10 2019 @ 08:19 PM
link   

They don't need it here. All they have to do is wait for the 'S' word in the winter. Shelves clear immediately.

We don't panic over hurricanes, but we do over that 'S' word...

TheRedneck

posted on Sep, 10 2019 @ 08:24 PM
link   
a reply to: TheRedneck

Already formed and dissapated. Erin went out to sea around when Dorian was battering the Bahamas. Fernand formed in the GoM around the same time and made landfall in Mexico as a tropical storm, Gabriel just went out to sea and just became post-tropical.

Next up is Humberto.
edit on 10-9-2019 by jrod because: Auto corr3ct fail

posted on Sep, 10 2019 @ 08:31 PM
link   

Wow, I never heard anything about them... last I heard, Erin was only expected to be named.

Thanks for the update.

TheRedneck

new topics

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14 >>

join