It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Will SSA (Sub Saharan Africa) ever catch up with the rest of the world?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 7 2019 @ 11:59 AM
link   
Most, if not all countries in SSA (Sub Saharan Africa) are well, well behind the rest of the world, technologically, economically and developmentally.

Will these countries ever catch up?

I don't think they ever will.

Even if nuclear disasters take out the world's top countries, this will only negatively affect SSA, rather than allow it to "catch up"?

I don't think SSA will ever catch up.

High speed rail will probably reach SSA, whilst the rest of us in the world are going on tourist excursions to Mars and Callisto.

Some SSA nation will probably launch its first probe to the moon when the rest of us will be whizzing off to Proxima Centauri and Alpha Centauri.

EDIT: Basically, SSA is Forrest Gump and the rest of the world is a multibillionaire Aeronautical Engineer or a Nuclear Physicist.

edit on 7-9-2019 by AnakinWayneII because: Forrest Gump Vs Multibillionaire Aeronautical Engineer and/or Nuclear Physicist

posted on Sep, 7 2019 @ 12:11 PM
link   
I don't think genetics is in their favor, and that's been going on for eons.

posted on Sep, 7 2019 @ 12:26 PM
link   
No.

There are reasons that are real and factual, but we're not allowed to discuss them because people will get butthurt.

But I will anyway.

Massive inbreeding, garbage education, constant violence and terrorism, corrupt governments that help in the exacerbation of the above, low IQs, and malnutrition.

None of these problems are so insurmountable that we can't do anything about it, but I don't believe there is a will to do so.

posted on Sep, 7 2019 @ 12:31 PM
link   
a reply to: AnakinWayneII

posted on Sep, 7 2019 @ 12:31 PM
link   
a reply to: projectvxn
Also, just pumping money down there will helped nobody except rich people getting richer.

And while we are at it speaking clear...

Even "help for self-help" did not work. Teaching a man to fish instead of giving him one you know. They still keep pumping children out for workforce and we just helped the overpopulation* growing faster.

*overpopulating the infrastructure in place

posted on Sep, 7 2019 @ 12:33 PM
link   
a reply to: strongfp

The Chinese are making massive investments in Africa in order to exploit their resources. They aren’t doing it out of benevolence.

posted on Sep, 7 2019 @ 12:36 PM
link   

The Chinese , if they do not service and run this rail network, will learn too how fast things down there get used and abused.

It is not a matter that they do not get stuff, it is the competence in running all this. Just giving them technology solves not much, if the people are not trained to use it.

There is a lack of education down there and I can only speculate the real reason for that: purposefully keeping people dumb.
edit on 7-9-2019 by Oleandra88 because: (no reason given)

edit on 7-9-2019 by Oleandra88 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 7 2019 @ 12:40 PM
link   
a reply to: Metallicus

Of course there's always a catch. Can you not see that investing into infrastructure is far better then just throwing money at the 'problem'?

When the rail ways were built in North America, were the main investors thinking about transporting goods to feed people and to make travel and tourism better? Nope.

Bottom line is, China is actually doing something. But of course, it's China, so it's bad! Boo other nations for investing into bettering humanity as a whole.

posted on Sep, 7 2019 @ 12:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: projectvxn
No.

There are reasons that are real and factual, but we're not allowed to discuss them because people will get butthurt.

But I will anyway.

Massive inbreeding, garbage education, constant violence and terrorism, corrupt governments that help in the exacerbation of the above, low IQs, and malnutrition.

None of these problems are so insurmountable that we can't do anything about it, but I don't believe there is a will to do so.

Coming to a neighbourhood near you. Soon..

We've already got problems.. And we're being told to tolerate it, change ourselves... embrace the change. No one is focusing on the issues, and instead they're walking around with their thumbs up their wahoos..

posted on Sep, 7 2019 @ 12:44 PM
link   
a reply to: Oleandra88

Ethiopia and Kenya aren't nearly as bad as people think. If you introduce and educate the simple ideas of free market and capitalism to nations willing to change, coupled with democracy, which most African nations had to essentially learn on their own, things will change.

I honestly think the major issue with the Sub Saharan nations is the blood thirsty Islamic warlords that stormed into town. Somalia used to be a vacation destination.

posted on Sep, 7 2019 @ 12:47 PM
link   
a reply to: Oleandra88

It was my understanding that money is being pumped out.

There is no incentive to right these wrongs for either the locals or the globalists who exploit the land and people for resources. The death of a continent is profitable.

posted on Sep, 7 2019 @ 12:48 PM
link   

Ethiopia and Kenya aren't nearly as bad as people think.

Same with Botswana. Some African nations are starting to address the actual problems with their societies.

posted on Sep, 7 2019 @ 12:55 PM
link   
Ethiopia and Kenya may be barely SSA but not SA, where the stuff others wrote about happen. I have never been to Kenya but relatives have. Actually two meters from here I stare at a black carved elephant from down there. Amazing woodworkers down there.

You could be right with the Islamic warlords, criminals in general would be more fitting. I am not sure when exactly this started with boko haram (or how they call themselves) raiding towns or warlords in general (not only muslim).

posted on Sep, 7 2019 @ 01:09 PM
link   
a reply to: projectvxn
Privateers/donors pump money in, cooperations pump it out again.

We are still both correct

posted on Sep, 7 2019 @ 01:16 PM
link   

No.

But I will anyway.

I agree with everything you have written bar one: "massive inbreeding". You sure we're talking about the right continent here, bud? Don't think inbreeding takes place on a widespread scale.

posted on Sep, 7 2019 @ 01:32 PM
link   

Not sure if it was projectvxn's argument but consider this from a historic and scientific approach:

www.pnas.org...

The highest rates of consanguineous marriage occur in north and sub-Saharan Africa, the Middle East, and west, central, and south Asia. In these regions even couples who regard themselves as unrelated may exhibit high levels of homozygosity, because marriage within clan, tribe, caste, or biraderi boundaries has been a long-established tradition. Mortality in first-cousin progeny is ≈3.5% higher than in nonconsanguineous offspring, although demographic, social, and economic factors can significantly influence the outcome.

posted on Sep, 7 2019 @ 03:35 PM
link   
Well considering there hasn't EVER been a self sufficient functional democracy/economy in SSA I wouldn't think so. Africa in general suffers from a victim mentality. Told their plight comes from Western colonization rather than internal systemic problems that have plagued Africa for centuries...

posted on Sep, 8 2019 @ 12:46 AM
link   

Yes. Inbreeding is a serious issue in Sub-Saharan Africa.

Source dated 1991 Consanguinity rates have not changed much since this report.

The Middle East is far worse with issues of inbreeding. Especially in places like Afghanistan and Pakistan.

posted on Sep, 8 2019 @ 08:08 AM
link   

Yes. Inbreeding is a serious issue in Sub-Saharan Africa.

Source dated 1991 Consanguinity rates have not changed much since this report.

The Middle East is far worse with issues of inbreeding. Especially in places like Afghanistan and Pakistan.

That just makes them all the more weird.

In any case, that is the least of their problems and isn't the major reason why SSA is well, well behind the rest of the world...
edit on 8-9-2019 by AnakinWayneII because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 8 2019 @ 11:22 AM
link   

It's actually a serious problem. Their consanguinity rates are 20-50% depending on where you are. This causes widespread congenital defects, lower IQs, mental retardation, and aggressive behavior.

It's really hard to maintain the fabric of a society when this is going on.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join