It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Uk politics is in dissaray, is there anyone fit to lead the country?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 7 2019 @ 05:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: kwakakev
I am sure Brussels will be happy to lead the UK if they cannot do it themselves.

I'm sure thats the way they (the EU) planned/maneuvered the situation,

and in collusion with our own leaders, all varieties of them.

posted on Sep, 7 2019 @ 06:14 AM
link   
a reply to: angelchemuel

No it’s nothing like how the EU is run! It’s actually an Ancient Greek system where people are randomly picked from a cross section of society to make decisions on policy. Think of it as similar to how a jury works in a court of law.

It does away with corruption and self interest groups manipulating the system in one fell swoop. It certainly better than the current system by a long shot.

ETA the EU is a Synarchist system a globalists wet dream.
edit on 7-9-2019 by surfer_soul because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 7 2019 @ 06:19 AM
link   
I've wondered for a long time now why they ever gave the vote to the people? Makes no sense to me. We had little information, not much clue on what we were actually voting for nor the repercussions, and then when the vote was in, it was virtually ignored for the last 3yrs so what was the damn point?

posted on Sep, 7 2019 @ 06:19 AM
link   
a reply to: djz3ro

We need a General Election to re-start, yet the coalition of opposition parties are conspiring to prevent such a action. Wonder why.

posted on Sep, 7 2019 @ 06:32 AM
link   
a reply to: PhyllidaDavenport

The democracy we have is a farce which only works because we are presented with the illusion that we have a choice. It allows for 51% of people to implement something that 49% are against, how is that fair? Especially considering the majority of the public are ill informed and easily manipulated into what to think.

posted on Sep, 7 2019 @ 06:40 AM
link   

The point was for Cameron to show the British people didn't want to leave the EU , his party would then stop bickering about it and fall into line behind him , sadly for him he misjudged the situation and his own ability to make the case for remain , it was a political stunt that backfired.

What we've seen since then is the fallout from our decision and Parliaments attempts to find a fix , even though the people who voted for leave voted to leave "come what may" , Johnson is trying to deliver on that.

Any further delay is just laying the path to revoke article 50 and waste the last 3 years and the billions spent on preparations.

posted on Sep, 7 2019 @ 06:54 AM
link   

Plenty fit enough to run the country.

To few enough to take the country back to get the right sorts up front. Even less actually aware of the reality.

And how the current overlords love it. - The simplicity and stupidity of the ignorance.

posted on Sep, 7 2019 @ 07:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: DISRAELI
Last weekend, Gove refused to rule out disobedience. "Will you obey the legislation?" "Let's see what it says". It's the line Boris would have to take to retain any credibility, and I think he's the kind of person who would do it. Is there actually any penalty incorporated into the bill?

An update. According to latest reports (mine came from aol with my e-mails), Boris has already wriiten to Conservative M.P.'s telling them he won't ask for an extension whatever the law says. I would have delayed that message for a couple of days, though they should have seen it coming anyway.

edit on 7-9-2019 by DISRAELI because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 7 2019 @ 07:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: djz3ro

So ask you, the good people of ATS, whom do you think is fit to lead this country or, like me do you believe there is nobody?

It doesn't really matter who we get to lead the country if all the other

parties and the EU, Hogtie and gag them from carrying out the will of

the majority does it?

*Hogtie* To secure (a person or animal) by fastening the hands and feet or

all four feet together."they gagged him and hog-tied him."

posted on Sep, 7 2019 @ 08:07 AM
link   
UK is the laughing stock of the world.

Pathetic career MPs fighting their corner rather than the corner of the general public.

An uneducated childish left, an elitist public schooled right. Sack them all.

posted on Sep, 7 2019 @ 08:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: CthulhuMythos
I agree, they are all too corrupt. The system does not work and the ones elected do not represent the people any more. They are upper political class and bend to the corporate masters or blackmail from the likes of GCHQ, even when that means literally destroying the country ( just look at fracking). They are paid hugely for the mess they create and given heavily subsidised food and booze and expenses that normal working people on low wages do not get. I am sick of the lot of them. At least in Scotland we have the SNP as an alternative, however, I don't fully trust them either.

I really believe the whole system needs to be brought up to date, this archiac system is broken.

I agree with what you say about the SNP and not fuly trusting them, they are getting y vote for now.

posted on Sep, 7 2019 @ 08:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: gortex

Seem to me Boris Johnson is the man fit to lead the country , he's the man who wants to deliver what the people of this country voted for over 3 years ago but Parliament are stopping him doing that.

Is a want to deliver Brexit the only qualification we should be looking for in a PM though. Once Brexit is over we need someone strong of mind to pull the divided nation back together, to my mind that isn't Boris.

originally posted by: gortex
If nothing else this sorry state of affairs has shown how self obsessed Westminster is and how little they care about this country and the will of the people.

WE are in complete agreement on this but probably for very different reasons....

posted on Sep, 7 2019 @ 08:59 AM
link   
a reply to: CthulhuMythos

What about fracking? Do you know anything about fracking? Other than what you've swallowed from the msm?

There is virtually no potential danger to the environment from fracking, anyone who tells you different is an idiot.

Jaden

^^^^^^driling fluids engineer
edit on 7-9-2019 by Masterjaden because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 7 2019 @ 09:34 AM
link   

Is a want to deliver Brexit the only qualification we should be looking for in a PM though.

Doing everything in his power to deliver what he said he would deliver is good enough for me at the moment , if he can manage to deliver a meaningful Brexit then he's a miracle worker so probably will make a good PM , he should be given a chance.

WE are in complete agreement on this but probably for very different reasons....

What is happening now isn't good for any of us , I think we both understand that.

Leavers and Remainers should march together to Westminster and take OUR Parliament back from the incompetents who currently reside there , they are damaging our country and only the force of numbers will snap them out of their idiocy.

a reply to: and14263

An uneducated childish left, an elitist public schooled right. Sack them all.

I'm on board with you there brother , we just need someone to blow the starting whistle then I'm off to London to join the cause.

edit on 7-9-2019 by gortex because: edit to add

posted on Sep, 7 2019 @ 12:02 PM
link   

You were supposed to fall for the propaganda and not wrong-vote like you did, it would have kept the perception of the peoples voice being heard and gave the EU leverage going forward. Let the people think they had a voice while opening up to potential negotations so the EU could tighten the grips. Opinion from an outsider.
edit on 9/7/2019 by TheLead because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 7 2019 @ 03:59 PM
link   

What the problem was the people assumed incorrectly that Parliament had a plan for Brexit. They didn't because they didn't think it would pass.

What the referendum should have said was the exact date of Brexit even if it meant no deal and Parliament should have worked to get the best deal possible. When the date came it was over and Brexit happened.

Now there is this mess with the MPs all saying, "We voted for Brexit but we didn't vote for this deal or that deal or no deal. That's not what the people voted for; they didn't understand." Nevermind just 2 months ago they voted for Boris who point blank said he was delivering Brexit on Oct 31 now matter what.

Its always an excuse with some people.

Then you get those crying democracy and how can be it fair that 49% are being forced to Brexit, we want a second vote, when we really know they just want the opportunity to actually get their butts up and vote this time and think the vote will change to remain this time just like Cameron incorrectly thought the first time.

But you can't run a country by doing revote after revote until the most vocal get what they want, but that seems to be what Parliament is now attempting.

No worry, the EU isn't going anywhere and will keep giving extension after extension.

posted on Sep, 7 2019 @ 04:03 PM
link   
a reply to: DISRAELI

I think at this point Boris is thinking, " Ima burn this mother down!".

posted on Sep, 7 2019 @ 04:10 PM
link   

I think it prudent to hire the right man for the right job at that time. May couldn't do it and Johnson was elected on the promise of Oct 31 Brexit.

Once that job is complete I'm sure if he can't pull it together for the country someone else will be all too willing.
Who that is I'm not sure but right now Boris seems to be the only one willing to deliver.

posted on Sep, 7 2019 @ 04:15 PM
link   
a reply to: Identified
I'm not sure he would know what "Ima" means, but he's probably thinking some equivalent of that.

posted on Sep, 7 2019 @ 04:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: Identified

But you can't run a country by doing revote after revote until the most vocal get what they want, but that seems to be what Parliament is now attempting.

You really cant...../smh

But thats exactly what the EU do.

No worry, the EU isn't going anywhere and will keep giving extension after extension.

I believe they have put forward in loose terms a two year extension if needed.......

They are determined we will not leave.

I wish our government was just as determined that WE WILL!!!

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join