It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump Scraps Obama-Era Rules For Energy Efficient Bulbs

page: 8
<< 5  6  7   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 12 2019 @ 03:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheRedneck
I'll point out again that the only purpose of the globe on LED bulbs is at best to hold a phosphorescent layer to soften the light, just like incandescent bulbs do.

These were the LEDs tested by Ogunseitan.

They didn't test light bulbs, so the veracity or accuracy of that "fumes" sentence is even more doubtful.

I did find a reference to light bulbs from Ogunseitan.

“There are also concerns about consumer understanding of what to do to carefully dispose of products made with LEDs,” he said. “We think that because most people used to throw out their old incandescent lightbulbs in the regular domestic trash when they break or when they burn out, there will be a tendency to do the same for LEDs and compact fluorescent lightbulbs.”

Source

posted on Sep, 12 2019 @ 03:08 PM
link   
a reply to: TheConstruKctionofLight

That's easy to do and there's a name for it that I can't remember.

In a case like that they just have to make the calculations as if that light bulb would work with 500 volts and then use it with 110. It will emit less light but as it will be working way bellow its original specifications it will last much longer.

posted on Sep, 12 2019 @ 06:22 PM
link   
a reply to: ArMaP

What?

Those are T1/T1 3/4 (3mm/5mm) standard LED indicators! Break the globe? The only way to break the "globe" is to cut it off, and since the junction is inside the "globe" (which is not even a globe; it is a shaped solid piece of plastic) that would destroy the LED.

These people are so off base here it's ludicrous. Do they believe in a flat earth too? Both beliefs are just as silly.

TheRedneck

posted on Sep, 12 2019 @ 07:06 PM
link   
a reply to: TheRedneck

Yes, those were the LEDs used in the analysis. They were ground and subjected to acetic and nitric acids to see what chemicals came out of them.

That's why I think that "fumes" sentence was not said by scientist in the context it appears, as it doesn't make sense.
edit on 12/9/2019 by ArMaP because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 13 2019 @ 01:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheRedneck
I am pretty sure Philips and Sylvania manufacture their own as well, I just am not 100% sure.

The Sylvania brand in the United States (Ledvance) is owned by MLS who does the manufacturing, for Philips (Signify) they manufacturer some of their products but most of their fixtures are third party. Companies like Cree, now owned by Delta, no longer make their own fixtures.

posted on Sep, 13 2019 @ 06:54 AM
link   
a reply to: TheRedneck

I’m not too familiar with their regular LED’s. My apartment came with a bunch of them but I removed them in favor of the ones I like. From what I’ve seen of their bulbs though they’re quite good.
edit on 13-9-2019 by Aazadan because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 13 2019 @ 06:10 PM
link   
I found another article with the participation of Oladele A. Ogunseitan, from 2013, in which they analysed and compared common incandescent, CFL and LED light bulbs.

These were the metals found in them.

We can see that there is was no noticeable arsenic on the LED light bulb.

posted on Sep, 13 2019 @ 06:16 PM
link   
Trump did this because he mistakenly thinks these make him look orange.

Not the bulbs.

posted on Sep, 14 2019 @ 12:40 AM
link   
a reply to: roadgravel

He looks orange outdoors.

posted on Sep, 24 2019 @ 10:51 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

Orange is good, prevents scurvy unlike the screw missing lefties.

posted on Sep, 24 2019 @ 11:38 PM
link   
a reply to: TGunner

A lack of ascorbic acid causes scurvy.
Ask any limey. Trump only eats meat and potatoes.

posted on Sep, 29 2019 @ 07:40 AM
link   
I am also against the government telling me what to do. But there also need to rule. It is not fair if someone pulls 10kwph and the neighbors are doing 2kwph. They should tax people who use an enormous amount of electricity more. That's the fair thing. then everyone can decide on its own if they will use new bulbs that do 3W or they will use old ones that do 100W. I mean the math is clear.

In my town, we recently switched like 1000 bulbs on street from 500w to 50w. Now you do the math and see what this actually means.

Honestly, I think this trumps law is populistic and made only top gather votes from people who don't understand the above math problem.

posted on Sep, 29 2019 @ 12:03 PM
link   
a reply to: saadad

Do you live in a land where people who use more electricity than their neighbors are not already paying more for electricity use?

posted on Dec, 6 2019 @ 06:44 AM
link   

edit on 12/6/2019 by semperfortis because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 5  6  7   >>

join