It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bill Nye should run for President.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 6 2019 @ 08:05 PM
link   
I don't know if it is just me or not but I do not like politicians all that much. Both sides of the aisle are filled with liars and fakes and it is quite sickening, at least to me. Something has to change in order for thing to get amazing. It is 2019 and it seems to me like it is still 1998 except for trivial things like phones. The next big thing should have happened by now but it is like the people who "matter" that can change things in society are dragging their feet for some reason. There has to be dreamers and innovators out there that can and should run for President in order to make the next decade the decade of true scientific innovation no matter what some people may want to put on the back burner.

I just saw Bill Nye on All In and he was great and I would love to see someone like that in the highest office in the land... We need someone who doesn't have to fake things and lie to get nothing done like the last two decade. If he ever ran I am sure all this BS political crap would all most disappear overnight and it truly will start to look and feel like the twenty first centaury!

Unfortunately That will prolly not happen for a long time if not ever cause.. sheep you know? I am a sheep to so I am one to talk... Wolves exists in this world and they are not constrained as most sheep. In other words we could end up getting our butts kicked if a wolf who is free from nitty gritty politics jumping ahead of us, the free world.

~ Fin of rant

posted on Sep, 6 2019 @ 08:07 PM
link   
oh gawd no!

posted on Sep, 6 2019 @ 08:10 PM
link   
a reply to: watchandwait410
Was that all sarcasm?

posted on Sep, 6 2019 @ 08:11 PM
link   

Bill Nye.. the Climate Change guy?

I'll take a firm pass on someone who isn't actually a scientist pretending to be a scientist on TV running the country, thank you.

Nye has a B.S. in mechanical engineering from Cornell. He also has six honorary doctorate degrees, including Ph.D.s in science from Goucher College and Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute.

He's an "honorary" scientist at best.

Here’s a real fact: Bill Nye has never published a peer-reviewed paper or study on any subject, which is something that scientists do. He doesn’t work in any scientific field and he hasn’t studied science at any level. He, therefore, is not a scientist.

posted on Sep, 6 2019 @ 08:22 PM
link   

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHA.

*gasps for air*

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHA.

*literally about to die if I don't plan responsible breathing*

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHA.

*you killed me*

Edit: he's a "scientific" pundit. He's got a 4 year degree, he's an entertainer. Niel Degrass Tyson would be better, but still not good,IMO.
edit on 6-9-2019 by CriticalStinker because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 6 2019 @ 08:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: watchandwait410
.. We need someone who doesn't have to fake things and lie to get nothing done like the last two decade.

~ Fin of rant

Then you don't want Bill Nye.
HE DOES NOT CARE ABOUT AMERICA.
Here's why:

He's an asshole pushing the debunked global warming BS, which poses economic suicide to the West, particularly when ONLY the Western nation have to comply with it, China and India are exempted and will be for years. So, all the efforts of the West will be undone by India and China 2 billion plus combined population.

Get someone that cares for America

posted on Sep, 6 2019 @ 08:26 PM
link   
Bill nye the not so science guy!

He would be as bad as Oprah and Michelle Obama.
That's bad for those that couldn't tell.

posted on Sep, 6 2019 @ 08:31 PM
link   

He's as fake as fake news, probably worse!!!!!! Research the fakeness and be amazed, very amazed.

posted on Sep, 6 2019 @ 08:53 PM
link   

He's not fit to be the president of a Boy-Scout bottle-drive, let alone a nation.

posted on Sep, 6 2019 @ 08:56 PM
link   

Your OP gave me cancer.
edit on 6-9-2019 by watchitburn because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 6 2019 @ 08:59 PM
link   
a reply to: Lumenari

I'll take a firm pass on someone who isn't actually a scientist pretending to be a scientist on TV running the country, thank you.

Why not ?
He could be a President who isn't actually a President , and just pretending to be one, running the country on TV.
Wait , that has already been done.

posted on Sep, 6 2019 @ 09:02 PM
link   
I can only think of three people besides Donald Trump that would be good .....Trey Gowdy, Ben Shapiro or Candice Owens.

Certainly not Bil Nye

posted on Sep, 6 2019 @ 09:18 PM
link   
a reply to: Plotus

I'd give Mike Rowe a shot, but I think he's too classy to take the job

posted on Sep, 6 2019 @ 09:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22
Bill nye the not so science guy!

Bill Nye ... that melt-down freak of a guy

posted on Sep, 6 2019 @ 09:44 PM
link   

and there right there is the problem today...we see someone on tv and we assume they would be great as the president without knowing anything else about the person..I see this at work quite often..someone does a great job at a training or a conference..their name gets in peoples mouths and they are promoted after some time...they are promoted by the same managers who have had zero interaction with the person but they are still promoted....this is one of our flaws is that we are so easily swayed.

posted on Sep, 6 2019 @ 09:47 PM
link   

He reminds me of a modern-day Pat Paulsen. He's a satirist.

We worry about the sanity of Alex Jones, and yet there are interesting and entertaining folk that are wholly immersed in the media and entertainment structure. Bill is in that zone. I would love to sit down and talk with him for about four hours (if he could stand it).

posted on Sep, 6 2019 @ 09:49 PM
link   

Also, for what it's worth. My comment was knee-jerk and the epitome of what I dispise.

I'm leaving it, but we could have had better discourse.... That's on me.

posted on Sep, 6 2019 @ 09:51 PM
link   
Bill's best work was in Seattle, on "Almost Live"... last century. ("Speedwalker Man" was my favorite...)

Run the country? He isn't even qualified to run amok...

posted on Sep, 6 2019 @ 10:03 PM
link   
All the replies that you all made could be the same said for Trump. It is crazy that you can not see that. If not Nye then there has to be someone like him but way better. Maybe Nye was a bit premature but I hope you got my point through the goggles you all seem to have.

posted on Sep, 6 2019 @ 10:15 PM
link   
lol.. only question.. did he come in on a jet?

2nd

<<   2 >>

join