It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do poor women have a right to have children

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 7 2019 @ 07:52 AM
link   
a reply to: Necrobile
Why didnt you drop her off and wait for your shift to start at home. Then pick her up later.

We did the one car thing for a very short time and it was a hassle with my business.
But I would get up earlier than I needed so I could drop hubby off at his job so I could have the car to do my job.

I was working at the furniture store and doing interior decorating at that time. It was before we opened the rug shop.
I needed to be able to get to my clients homes.

posted on Sep, 7 2019 @ 07:54 AM
link   
a reply to: sine.nomine

Most of us don't mind.
We live the golden rule.

You never know when you might be in the same boat.

posted on Sep, 7 2019 @ 08:02 AM
link   
a reply to: Lumenari

You still had to give up a right to get that help.
Tell me, what did Texas do to men who had kids no wife and needed food stamps?
or was it only the women who were subjected to reproductive incarceration?
They forced you to use a chemical birth control that can cause cancer just so you could feed your children.
And you were okay with that.
Did they not think women were capable of managing their own birth control?

It appears that this barbaric practice has been eliminated.

posted on Sep, 7 2019 @ 08:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: JAGStorm
Today on a facebook page a local lady that helps people in need posted a bunch of needs/wants for some families.
Two of the three families are expecting a baby in addition to many other children. They have zero money, zero anything.
How on earth is this ok? In this day and age, birth control is everywhere, and it's free. I'd like to say it's rare, but it isn't.
Every day there are requests like this. Another friend asking for fresh fruits for people. Many working folks can't afford fresh fruit for their
own children...

I'm not some kind of cruel person. I know the desire for a women to have a child. I just don't think that their desire overrides
the responsibility of having one. Then that burden falls on everyone else. It falls on people that have been responsible their entire lives.

Hmm, well for the sake of an counter thought, what if only people are allowed to breed, that fit well in this society?
Like making lots of money, i wonder what evolution has to say, or thinks about money?

Ooor,, what if a person has perfect genes, and does not get to have a spouse, because he/she has no money, because a very short and mentally ill person screwed him over and is bathing in gold? And the rich one got the spouse, Where does behavior like this lead?

Is making lots of coins good from an evolutionary standpoint?

Personally, i think this situation and society is a perversion compared to a natural order of things.

posted on Sep, 7 2019 @ 08:09 AM
link   
a reply to: Shamrock6

It is a bit ironic, isn't it??

To answer the thread title. Yes.

posted on Sep, 7 2019 @ 08:35 AM
link   
a reply to: BrianFlanders

You know there are thousands and thousands of people in Africa not contributing by your guys standards.

No there are millions and millions. Let's add them in also. Hey, why don't we just kill them? The poor and all the people that haven't embraced this dog eat dog society. Why waste time and money by slowly taking away their reproductive "rights" that they shouldn't have if you really think about it.

Let's just start killing until people sit on park benches and poop in toilets again. Then everything will be OK.

People's thoughts now days are starting to scare me. Let's eat humans to save the planet. Let's look at if people should be allowed to breed.

Can we do fat people next. As a personal trainer I find them the biggest burden on our society. The stupid homeless only eat enough for one person. My 600 pound life peeps be shoveling food for small armies during lunch.

What a time to be alive.

We are so lost and deluded...

posted on Sep, 7 2019 @ 08:49 AM
link   
I came from poverty and have been a productive member of society once I was old enough to take my 1st job. My mom never used government resources. She worked and saved and figured it out. She is now retired from a county job.

Frankly, this sounds like eugenics to me.

Every soul meant to be born deserves the chance without interruption from the government, science/social gods or billionaires.

posted on Sep, 7 2019 @ 08:58 AM
link   
NO, just say NO to anything that stinks of eugenics.
If the State has no right to tell a woman what she can do with her body, (ie abortion) then the State has no business in dictating whether or not she has children either.

If you personally don't like the requests for handouts, then don't donate.

Some things in this world the Govt. just can not fix.
edit on 7-9-2019 by toolgal462 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 7 2019 @ 09:02 AM
link   
a reply to: raedar

It does border on eugenics well said.

Essentially it's class war where poor people would not be allowed to breed.

Have to wonder, who would do all the work and clean up after the rich privileged twats, without the poor?

Who would fight their wars and fund their vivacious lifestyles?

Would "They" do it?

I think not.
edit on 7-9-2019 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 7 2019 @ 10:03 AM
link   
a reply to: Sillyolme
I also live by the golden rule!!!

But then again I'm also sadomasochist 😘

posted on Sep, 7 2019 @ 10:14 AM
link   
We in Britain are seeing the eugenics question pop up too, should the poor be allowed to breed.
Strange that the same talking heads are very right wing and against anti-fascists, which makes them...
I doubt even stormfront couldn't imagine their taglines like alt-right and antifa would catch on the way they have, now eugenics is being considered is something they likely never imagined being talked of.

posted on Sep, 7 2019 @ 10:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: Analbumcover
a reply to: BrianFlanders

Can we do fat people next. As a personal trainer I find them the biggest burden on our society. The stupid homeless only eat enough for one person. My 600 pound life peeps be shoveling food for small armies during lunch.

What a time to be alive.

We are so lost and deluded...

Everything within me screams walk away from this one, but I just can't resist.

At 5'9" and barely being able to hold on to 100lbs, I could eat enough at one sitting to put a football team to shame. I didn't eat because I was greedy. I ate because I was hungry.

Fast forward about 30 years and something weird happened. I stopped being hungry. I had to be forced to eat even one meal a day, and the amount of food I ate was below what the average American would eat, which is still probably more than what a person living in extreme poverty would eat in a week.

The weight starting coming on, which made no sense at all. How could I, who could not gain an once while eating a ton of food, start gaining weight when I was eating so little? Well the answer turned out to be several masses. One in the pituitary gland, one in my abdominal cavity, and one in my esophagus. I never made it to 600 pounds because I was in the medical field and could not delude myself to that degree. I knew something had to be seriously wrong and sought the answer.

Just a bit of food for thought. Maybe all those fat people are not fat because they are greedy. Even if is not physical, something is going on that may need to be addressed. Very few people "want" to be fat.

posted on Sep, 7 2019 @ 10:24 AM
link   
Poor ppl only have the rights they can afford.

posted on Sep, 7 2019 @ 10:28 AM
link   
Anyone else notice the op seems to be directing their gripe at just the mothers, like one day they just decided they wanted a child and by just their amazing mental powers their bodies just kicked into baby making mode... no male spermie needed?

I guess the op disagrees with that other thread that's been running where people seem to be trying so hard to get men out of any responsiblity as far as child support? Because if women are the ones wihe final say when it comes to abortion, and get to avoid the responsibility then that should negate any responsibility they might have.

Ya, let's force hormonal birth control onto poor women...
That will take care of the problem...
No it wont, at least not to 100 % efficiency rate. So, what happens when it fails? Yous gonna start forcing abortions? And, what about those women who have a valid medical reason to avoid hormonal birth control? I suppose them being poor is a valid justification to endanger their health..

I doubt if every women can obtain effective birth control at no cost. The mandate in Obamacare was compromised to the benefit of company's "sincerely held religious beliefs". They said that the title x program would be able to fill in the gap for those this decision affected. Then, they tried to place a muzzle on the title x providers and whole states, the ones in charge of doling out those funds to the providers in their states decided to pull out of the program..

Here's an idea, how about you keep your noses out of women's healthcare? Stop trying to section it off as something separate and not as worthy for insurance coverage or govt social programs. Because, to be quite honest, some of yas are not only starting to sound like hypocrites, but worse. Yous sound like you dont really have a problem with the govt providing birth control, or with men coercing women onto getting abortions. As long as its men who gets to decide and controls which women should or shouldn't be having kids, you have no problem at all.. your problem is women holding the bulk of the power themselves to decide what is best for them personally.
Because women deciding for themselves isnt a good tool for eugenics, for that you need planning and decision making on a larger scale. You have to remove the ability to control birth rates from one portion of the population while you force them down the throats of another.
Which is why you have what really is starting to seem like a hypocritical double speak coming from some conservatives.
They want the govt out of their bedrooms, but then, maybe those low income housing units should have cameras installed in the bedrooms just so they can validate that the man properly slapped his condom on...
They want their freedom uninfridged, but will happily forfeit the freedom of their fellow men and women. And, of course, they believe they will always be in that special class that gets to enjoy those freedoms. They don't realize that they are forfeiting their own.

posted on Sep, 7 2019 @ 10:58 AM
link   
a reply to: raedar

I think we came from the mind set, that poverty was an obstacle that could be overcome. To be honest, I didn't even know that I was poor until I was an adult.

I was fortunate because we lived in the country, so we didn't have constant images of things other people had that made us supposed to believe we were lacking.

We had Mama and Papa chicken, Lady Hen, and always a few chicks here and there, we got them for Easter one year at a store give away. We weren't allowed to take the pretty colored ones, we could only take the ones without the dye. We had Suzie the pig, and Mrs. Beasley that we found out years later was actually Mr. Beasley. All of which died of old age because we were children, we didn't know they were supposed to be food, and my Mother and Father didn't have the heart to take them away from us. We lived walking distance from the river on one side and the bay on the other, so seafood was plentiful, and we had a good variety of fruit and nut trees, so we never worried about being hungry,

We also had good neighbors that shared their harvest and no one talked about money much around us children, so we didn't know any better. The temptation was the Sears Roebuck, and the Montgomery Wards catalogs. I would spend hours dreaming of owning almost everything in those books.

It is no wonder that the first thing I bought with my first paycheck, was a coat from Montgomery Wards for my mother. She didn't have one because she would not spend money on herself when her children needed anything.

Yes, we were poor, and my Mother still talks about how hard those times where, bit she doesn't regret having any one of us. She did a great job of raising eight productive citizens with no assistance from the government. Any help she got, she got from neighbors, church, and family; the community.

I think she did well. All eight of us are productive members of society and very active in serving our communities. I appreciated the little things that my community did for me as a child, so I try to pay it forward three fold. I may just be a sentimental old coot, but when I look back, I see growing up poor as a blessing, but I don't know anything else.

edit on 7-9-2019 by NightSkyeB4Dawn because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 7 2019 @ 11:01 AM
link   
I have thought about this issue before. Should prospective parents have to meet specific minimum standards in order to have children?

You have to pass a test and prove financial responsibility (insurance) to drive a car. If you fail to provide the minimum required insurance or prove to be inadequate as a driver you can be fined or lose the privilege altogether.

Anyone capable of having children can do so with no demonstration of the ability or desire to care for them properly. Yet you can have your children taken away from you if you fail to provide basic necessities or for them.

Why are we proactive on driving a car but reactive on protecting children? Why do we wait until after the children are suffering before we act?

If we treated having children and driving a car the same, we would wait until after a driver had an accident to make sure they had insurance. That doesn't make sense, does it? Of course not. So why do we do it with children?

posted on Sep, 7 2019 @ 11:07 AM
link   
They can do what they want. I just do not want to pay for any damn children. It shouldn't be my problem.

posted on Sep, 7 2019 @ 11:13 AM
link   
a reply to: contextual

Well with our aging population it's pretty much a good idea that we all breed on this island.

Truth is if the age of retirement is brought up to 75, with the levels of austerity remaining the same or similar, hardly anyone other than the rich twats that can afford proper food and medical care, will ever live to draw there pension.

We are already pricing ourselves out the market if we stop breeding the fat lady has sung.

edit on 7-9-2019 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 7 2019 @ 11:23 AM
link   
a reply to: NightSkyeB4Dawn

I'm sorry if I made you feel bad with that. Was not my intention.

I don't think that way at all and went overboard with my sarcasm. That was an asshole move. I don't think homeless people are stupid and I definitely don't think anyone wether poor, african or overweight should get killed.

posted on Sep, 7 2019 @ 11:31 AM
link   
a reply to: NightSkyeB4Dawn

Obesity is extremely rarely actually a glandular issue. For the most part it's a gluttony/overeating/poor choices/laziness issue.
Sorry you had to deal with the glandular side of it.
It's not the norm.
Anecdotal.
edit on 7-9-2019 by okrian because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join