It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do poor women have a right to have children

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 6 2019 @ 07:52 PM
link   
of course they do.

posted on Sep, 6 2019 @ 07:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: Shamrock6

originally posted by: Liquesence
a reply to: JAGStorm

Two of the three families are expecting a baby in addition to many other children. They have zero money, zero anything.
How on earth is this ok?

Should we regulate who can have children or how many?

Sorta the impression I got. Need more laws, more regulation, hell maybe even a whole government agency to monitor unsanctioned pregnancy!

I mean, we already regulate women's vaginas enough as it is, or so we try, so why not even more?

posted on Sep, 6 2019 @ 07:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: JAGStorm
a reply to: NarcolepticBuddha

There is definitely satisfaction from putting in a hard day's work, taking home YOUR income and affording your own games and wings.

Now people get that same satisfaction from your money too!

Yep, and they all lose their bricks as soon as there is a government freeze and they can't get their SNAP for the next 48 hours.

Sat-is-fac-shione!

I apologize, but I took the topic way off course. I summed up my actual point a long time ago. There should never be federal restrictions on who can have kids based on social criteria, as that leads down a very slippery and ugly slope (e.g. eugenics, forced sterilizations etc.)

edit on 6-9-2019 by NarcolepticBuddha because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 6 2019 @ 07:53 PM
link   
God forbid people obey their number one instinct as a human being to propegate the species.

You ask me the real injustice in society is there are dirtbags out there with more money than some sovereign nations, who contribute nothing to mankind except to leach on the toils of the 99% for their own depraved gain.

There is enough wealth and resources in the world that no one should ever go hungry, worry about providing for their children, be homeless or suffer the many other false scarcity injustices of modern, corporate-controlled society.

In the words of Huey Long, assassinated governor of Louisiana, Share the Wealth.

posted on Sep, 6 2019 @ 07:55 PM
link   

When it comes to this topic the blame can't be solely placed on the parents, I'm willing to bet many people around them also convince them it's ok. I've been with my wife for almost 10 years and we don't have any children yet. I'm 40, so the yet may be turned into a never since I'm not sure I want to be a cranky old man raising children. lol

The reason I'm mentioning this is because many times people will ask us if we have kids yet. For the longest time our response was always "No, not yet, we want to be more financially stable before we have children", and almost every single time we're told "Well, if you wait until you're ready to have kids, you'll never have them! Hahahaaa....."

Every. Single. Time.

Now we just tell people it hasn't happened yet, but if it does, it does. I just get so tired of being told stuff like that. We're actually one of the few out there actually trying to NOT be on any sort of social program and we know that if we had a child right now, we'd need to be on it. People need to also stop convincing others to just do it, they're not helping the situation at all.

posted on Sep, 6 2019 @ 07:56 PM
link   

I ask everyone, at what point does it not become OK?

When half of the population can't really afford it.
When three fourths...

Remember it isn't "free" that burden is going on someone else.
If I choose not to have a baby OK, but now I have no choice if you do and I have to pay????

I'm old, I see this ending badly. Things given are things that can be taken away...

posted on Sep, 6 2019 @ 07:57 PM
link   
a reply to: Necrobile

We're actually one of the few out there actually trying to NOT be on any sort of social program

You may not feel it now, but this will benefit you in ways you can't imagine. Trust that

posted on Sep, 6 2019 @ 07:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lumenari
a reply to: NarcolepticBuddha

Not too long ago in Texas, you didn't receive food stamps as a woman with kids unless you also got a birth control implant.

That should be a Federal law.

Is that still the case?

Not sure... it was my case in the mid 90's.

Been there, done that, agree with it...

posted on Sep, 6 2019 @ 08:00 PM
link   

You may not feel it now, but this will benefit you in ways you can't imagine. Trust that

Oh, we know, and it's what we're constantly aiming for. We don't like living beyond our means, even if it means putting us in weird situations. For example, we both are working but only have one car. This week my wife's job started at 8am, but I didn't have to go in until 10am. So, I'd just have her drop me off and I'd chill in the break room watching youtube videos on my phone until it's time to clock in. I honestly don't have any issues with that, but my co-workers all seem to feel bad for me and have told me there's no way they could live like that.

Having two cars may be nice, but it's unnecessary at this moment and would only cause us to spend more than we want. What's two extra hours a day, three days a week?? Time for me to enjoy my coffee, that's what it is.

edit on 6-9-2019 by Necrobile because: Bad grammar lol

posted on Sep, 6 2019 @ 08:00 PM
link   

Two of the three families are expecting a baby in addition to many other children. They have zero money, zero anything.
How on earth is this ok?

Sorta the impression I got. Need more laws, more regulation, hell maybe even a whole government agency to monitor unsanctioned pregnancy!

I mean, we already regulate women's vaginas enough as it is, or so we try, so why not even more?

I love small government! Unless I need more government to enforce my personal views on people. Then more government is totally cool.

posted on Sep, 6 2019 @ 08:03 PM
link   
Some of the most brilliant, talented, innovative, and driven people to ever grace this Earth were born poor. There is opportunity everywhere. Where there's a will there's a way.

To be quite honest, I don't mind sharing what little I have to help others out.

posted on Sep, 6 2019 @ 08:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: Subaeruginosa
a reply to: Lumenari

Yeah, keep talking like you answer to no one... truth be told though, every single one of us are brown nosing someone to get a little food in our mouths.

Don't matter if your Trump himself or scrubbing toilet seats for a living... Everyone relies on someone!

Speak for yourself sweety.

I've worked long and hard in life to be beholden to absolutely nobody.

You should try it sometime.

In America, we call that freedom.

posted on Sep, 6 2019 @ 08:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: Ohanka
God forbid people obey their number one instinct as a human being to propegate the species.

You ask me the real injustice in society is there are dirtbags out there with more money than some sovereign nations, who contribute nothing to mankind except to leach on the toils of the 99% for their own depraved gain.

There is enough wealth and resources in the world that no one should ever go hungry, worry about providing for their children, be homeless or suffer the many other false scarcity injustices of modern, corporate-controlled society.

In the words of Huey Long, assassinated governor of Louisiana, Share the Wealth.

So actually working for that is a bad thing, to you?

You're part of the problem then.

posted on Sep, 6 2019 @ 08:08 PM
link   

Annnd:

Not too long ago in Texas, you didn't receive food stamps as a woman with kids unless you also got a birth control implant.

Tell me again about "freedom."

Sweetie.

posted on Sep, 6 2019 @ 08:12 PM
link   

How on earth is this ok?

I love small government! Unless I need more government to enforce my personal views on people. Then more government is totally cool.

Totally agree.

That is also the point.

posted on Sep, 6 2019 @ 08:12 PM
link   

If poor women didn't have children we wouldn't be here, define poor, living in a mud hut with no electricity or running water.... Cause that was us!

Sometimes the people that came from the gutter get to the top.

posted on Sep, 6 2019 @ 08:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lumenari

originally posted by: Ohanka

So actually working for that is a bad thing, to you?

You're part of the problem then.

Manipulation of the state through lobbying and other means, thievery, predatory practices and exploitation of an inherently corrupt cronyist financial system do not qualify as work in my book.

The governments of the west are big fans of wealth redistribution - from the poor to the rich, naturally. I just think we should try it a little in the other direction, before another November 1917 happens.
edit on -050008pm9kpm by Ohanka because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 6 2019 @ 08:18 PM
link   

Annnd:

Tell me again about "freedom."

Sweetie.

Easily done.

I hit a low point in my life once where I was trying to divorce a bastard of a husband and left with the kids without a job or anything else.

I got the kids to my family, went looking for work, got on food stamps for the kids and lived on the streets for a bit to save money.

I eventually worked my way out of that, worked my way off the streets, worked myself off of food stamps, worked my way to eventually purchasing a house, then put a kid or two through college, then purchased a part of a company, then bought out the other owner, then bought a big piece of land, worked hard and built my house, kept working and I can now retire when I want to but I want enough in the bank to not rely on social security.

Any questions?

edit on 6-9-2019 by Lumenari because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 6 2019 @ 08:18 PM
link   
The way I see it, is if you live in America, then it doesn't matter how poor you are. There are shelters, food banks, food stamps, and all kinds of programs. I've been dirt poor, and I've been homeless. I never stuck my hand out. I never accepted government benefits or took advantage of government programs. I found ways to scrape enough money together to get myself looking like a valid job applicant and found a crappy job. I worked my ass off and put myself through college.

Was it hard? Goddamn right. But worth it. Ain't nobody gonna tell me I can't have a child because of whatever circumstances have befallen me at the time.

The US was built on poor migrants with tons of children. Look what happened!

Just saw your post after I posted mine. Wow, I knew you had a similar mindset as me, but that is amazing. Good for you!
edit on 6-9-2019 by sine.nomine because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 6 2019 @ 08:19 PM
link   

Anyone can and should have the right to have a child as long as they don't ask others to pay.

If you can't pay for the child and you chose to take welfare then you should be on mandatory birth control.

Kind of like when I take a job and they make me take drug tests it's a choice
edit on 16930America/ChicagoFri, 06 Sep 2019 21:16:51 -0500000000p3042 by interupt42 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join