It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do poor women have a right to have children

page: 16
<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 10 2019 @ 03:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: wantsome
The bottom half the population in this country is financially broke. I guess they're all the lazy sponges just sucking up tax your dollars lets sterilize them.

I don't blame the poor. The people at the top are stealing more from you then some lady getting food stamps to feed her 3 kids.

LOL and people think the poor are the problem.

Yes they do, the poor have always been a problem for the rich, they know that one day the poor will work together and put an end to their rule, history repeating itself.

posted on Sep, 10 2019 @ 10:33 AM
link   
a reply to: AlexandrosTheGreat

Good grief just wait untill the YouTube generation gets ten years older. I don't see one of em, not the young ones, not the families, not the couple's, nobody who seems to understand in three years or so there will not be any more 10,000-100,000 dollar pay days and so spending all their time instead of going to school or working instead on YouTube is not a smart move.

I've made a decent amount of money on Ebay in its infancy, youtube and google.
I learned a lesson from Ebay that all good easy money things come to an end.. Youtube is a great venue for extra money but I would never use it as my only source of income. They are too well known for pulling the plug on people and not even telling you why.

posted on Sep, 10 2019 @ 12:38 PM
link   
a reply to: wantsome

At one of my jobs I worked, I was cutting gaskets for the US Navy planes. Needless to say, they had to be perfect.
I was being paid near minimum wage to do this..
It's like people dont realize who they are kicking out of existence. I'm sure they want their kids to grow up in a world where planes fly in the air and dont fall down more often. But, it just doesnt click in their that if they dont keep the people doing the jobs they are depending on being done at least somewhat comfortable, willing and able to reproduce, they might not be someone around to do it in the future.

posted on Sep, 10 2019 @ 12:59 PM
link   
a reply to: dawnstar

How old is too old? Of course, you need not tell me, if you don't want to.

But I see people older than myself retraining all the time. I saw an older man a few years back, he was in his early 70's, learning to weld. Never did find out why...though I assume he had a reason to do so.

You're never too old to learn new skills. I'm a self-taught carpenter...not great at it, but I get the job done, and I'm in my middle 50's, though given my life prior, physically I'm at least a decade older than that...unfortunately.

Once I get my shop set up, hopefully in the next six months or so, I'm going to start attempting to make knives to sell at flea markets, and turn odds and ends into saleable items like lamps and such.

Never too old to learn new tricks.

posted on Sep, 10 2019 @ 01:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: dawnstar
a reply to: wantsome

At one of my jobs I worked, I was cutting gaskets for the US Navy planes. Needless to say, they had to be perfect.
I was being paid near minimum wage to do this..
It's like people dont realize who they are kicking out of existence. I'm sure they want their kids to grow up in a world where planes fly in the air and dont fall down more often. But, it just doesnt click in their that if they dont keep the people doing the jobs they are depending on being done at least somewhat comfortable, willing and able to reproduce, they might not be someone around to do it in the future.

Robots

posted on Sep, 10 2019 @ 01:50 PM
link   
a reply to: seagull

Think the key word there was using tax money to get the retraining. I see it as a bad investment. Not for me, but for the taxpayer. If they put their money into me, they might get a return for a year or two.. if they put it into someone in their 20s or 30s, they have a potential of getting a return for decades to come.
I am just getting into a position where I feel comfortable about starting some kind of "business" , like your idea with the flea market. Only with me, I would need help just setting up for a flea market.
What I wanted to do at one time is learn how to set up a website, even went as far as having a site in a joomla platform about ready to go. But, then I learned that maybe I should learn a little bit about security when someone hacked into it and had their fun. I had a good idea, others it seems had the same idea and managed to put it in action. My husband didnt want me doing anything like that anyways.. so, I lost out on that one, for various reasons.
Now, I am thinking about just investing in some beads and stuff and selling handmade jewelry and and other craft items small scale.

posted on Sep, 10 2019 @ 01:57 PM
link   
a reply to: JAGStorm

Robots need babysitters or your planes are gonna be falling from the sky big time. Not to mention wasting alot of material. I'm serious, I've both manually printed and ran semi-automatic printers. Manual might be slower and it's not the best choice for many large jobs, but if you have good detailed oriented printers your trash cans aren't gonna fill up nearly as fast!

(post by Maroboduus removed for a manners violation)

posted on Sep, 10 2019 @ 02:18 PM
link   

Anyone who thinks that poor people are the problem is either a brainwashed and gullible and uninformed moron, or an absurdly deceitful and disingenuous a-hole. There is no other option.

The average taxpayer pays many times more in taxes towards 'Corporate Welfare' than to Welfare, Food Stamps, etc.. A few years ago, someone making the average US income paid well over $300 into Corporate Welfare, which goes to giant corporations that are already HUGELY profitable. Regular welfare, on the other hand, which goes to poor people who actually need it, cost them a whopping ELEVEN FREAKING DOLLARS FOR THE YEAR. But sure, poor people are the problem and are taking all of your hard-earned money, lol. That's the issue. Not the billion follar companies taking your tax dollars in spite of their millions of dollars in profits each year.

Any time i see someone complain about welfare/poor people taking their tax dollars, while making no mention of GOP-bred Corporate Welfare, I immediately know that they are hopelessly uninformed, gullible, thoughtless, and incapable of actually thinking for themselves. Keep falling for their blatantly obvious sleight-of-hand distractions from the real issues, morons. They should only work on complete and utter idiots, and yet here we are....

posted on Sep, 10 2019 @ 02:51 PM
link   
a reply to: Maroboduus

It's easy to call people all the names you want without really knowing anything about them.

Guess what people can be against welfare AND corporate welfare...................BOOM mind blown!!

Just because I don't mention it in MY OP does not mean I'm ok with one an not the other, but thanks for aSSuming.
My OP was specifically about people begging for money/products because they are bringing kids into the world without a dollar to their name. Most people with two brain cells could get that. It wasn't about the underlying cause of poverty in America but you are free to create your own OP about that.

By the way I don't care if it is $11 that is $11 I worked for and they didn't!

posted on Sep, 10 2019 @ 03:09 PM
link   

People love jewelry, there's definitely a market for well made stuff. I go to flea markets and craft shows on a fairly regular basis, or used to, at the moment, all my money is being saved up for my house-after the first of the year...hopefully.

But I'm going to try my hand at crafting junk into things people will find attractive and want to buy. It won't take much to make a very decent living here in the south...

posted on Sep, 10 2019 @ 03:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: NarcolepticBuddha
On-topic: They have the right, unless we want to fall into eugenics over America 2.0. I do think welfare and social assistance needs MAJOR overhaul though.

Your Rights end where mine start.

You have the Right to try to have a baby.

If successful, you do not have a Right to force me or anyone else to pay for raising that baby.

If you can't afford it, give it up for adoption, beg for scraps in the street, go find a man with money to marry, but keep your hand out of my pockets.

posted on Sep, 10 2019 @ 03:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: Liquesence
Should we regulate who can have children or how many?

Of course not. They just need to keep their hands out of my pockets.

posted on Sep, 10 2019 @ 03:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: Ohanka
There is enough wealth and resources in the world that no one should ever go hungry, worry about providing for their children, be homeless or suffer the many other false scarcity injustices of modern, corporate-controlled society.

I agree 100%. All people have to do is be willing to work for a living at whatever they are capable of/qualified to do, and if necessary, work simultaneously at bettering their skills to get better jobs.

In the words of Huey Long, assassinated governor of Louisiana, Share the Wealth.

Share in the wealth is more appropriate.

Unless you meant you want to 'share', meaning, help yourself to, my wealth.

In that case frack off, or 'come say hello to my little friend'...
edit on 10-9-2019 by tanstaafl because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 10 2019 @ 03:26 PM
link   
Depends on who you ask.

Ask a liberal? Yes. Doesn't matter if you can afford it or not, you can have baby and make other people pay for it via subsidization in one way or another.

Ask a Conservative? No, unless you get pregnant, then you're forced to have it and both a horrible person and wonderful person simultaneously. Somehow. Because Birth control never fails. Although it does. But don't count that, because it proves me wrong. Even though it doesn't. Because God and Moral Superiority. Or something like that.

#AbortionIsMurder
#ForeignOccupationIsLiterallyMurder
#SoIsWarButNotToConservatives
#AbortionIsMyRight
#ButAllLivesMatter
#JustNotAllOfThem
#BecauseReasons
#BothSidesOfThisDiscussionAreFingNuts
#EverybodyIsHypocritical
#ImKindaHungry

posted on Sep, 10 2019 @ 03:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: sine.nomine
To be quite honest, I don't mind sharing what little I have to help others out.

Voluntary charity is a wonderful thing.

Government ruined it when they started engaging in forced 'charity' at gunpoint.

posted on Sep, 10 2019 @ 03:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: dothedew
Depends on who you ask.

Ask a liberal? Yes. Doesn't matter if you can afford it or not, you can have baby and make other people pay for it via subsidization in one way or another.

Ask a Conservative? No, unless you get pregnant, then you're forced to have it and both a horrible person and wonderful person simultaneously. Somehow. Because Birth control never fails. Although it does. But don't count that, because it proves me wrong. Even though it doesn't. Because God and Moral Superiority. Or something like that.

#AbortionIsMurder
#ForeignOccupationIsLiterallyMurder
#SoIsWarButNotToConservatives
#AbortionIsMyRight
#ButAllLivesMatter
#JustNotAllOfThem
#BecauseReasons
#BothSidesOfThisDiscussionAreFingNuts
#EverybodyIsHypocritical
#ImKindaHungry

I think there are more people middle ground than we are led to believe. I'm neither liberal or conservative, but I do lean more conservative.
We are not heartless. I do believe sometimes there are tragedies in life and people need help. The problem is that help has been so bastardized over the years it is hardly recognizable for what it was intended.

btw. I am also pro choice. I've never understood wanting to force a person to have a child that they don't want to have. What kind of person will that child grow up to be, what kind of life? That being said this is not a conversation on abortion, which of course everyone has strong opinions on.

posted on Sep, 10 2019 @ 03:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: tanstaafl

originally posted by: sine.nomine
To be quite honest, I don't mind sharing what little I have to help others out.

Voluntary charity is a wonderful thing.

Government ruined it when they started engaging in forced 'charity' at gunpoint.

YES!

posted on Sep, 10 2019 @ 03:38 PM
link   

I completely understand where you're coming from - I fancy myself a "Condematarian" - little conservative, little democratic, little libertarian.

I am also in a very sarcastic/twitchy mood today...... long day at the law firm, trying not to get (or Sound) too crazy from over-exhaustion.
edit on 10-9-2019 by dothedew because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 10 2019 @ 07:08 PM
link   

Oh No , I am Not going there .....)

new topics

top topics

<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join