It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Feds Order Apple And Google To Hand Over Names Of 10,000+ Users Of A Gun Scope App

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 6 2019 @ 10:33 PM
link   
No way in hell this could be legal, could it? Seems to be a violation of privacy laws to me. Although, you may have given that right away when you downloaded the app with all the fine print and all, IDK.

posted on Sep, 7 2019 @ 01:11 AM
link   
VPN everything you do online. If you're downloading the app for a smart phone, do so while connected to a network that is using a VPN. Maybe that will work as long as you don't use it directly from your cell service connection.

There must be ways to hide and keep private, right?

posted on Sep, 7 2019 @ 12:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: MichiganSwampBuck
VPN everything you do online. If you're downloading the app for a smart phone, do so while connected to a network that is using a VPN. Maybe that will work as long as you don't use it directly from your cell service connection.

You'd have to make a fake google/apple account in order to download the app, which they're not likely to allow and would catch pretty quick. Especially if you had to pay for the app in order to download it.

To me, it's just another reason to avoid the try-hard new age corporate masters services.. though I signed into google years ago, and back then it was not so invasive.. now? Can't even wipe my own butt without getting a notification congratulating me..

posted on Sep, 7 2019 @ 04:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: MichiganSwampBuck

A VPN is not going to work that well as for at least apple you need an Apple account and you log in from a device that will show IP etc.

Now IF we all download the app then it makes things a bit harder no?

posted on Sep, 8 2019 @ 10:25 PM
link   
a reply to: mysterioustranger

Because they don't want you to disturb the neighbors during your little gang wars over clean water.

posted on Sep, 9 2019 @ 12:27 PM
link   
Maybe the person who ambushed the cop outside the police station recently used this app and as they haven't caught him and are going balls out to catch the person,using this as justification
edit on 9-9-2019 by tayton because: Dunno

posted on Sep, 9 2019 @ 01:04 PM
link   
Anything that is considered to have a military application falls under a class of regulations called ITAR (International Trafficking in Arms Regulations). You cannot export anything that falls under ITAR without special permits from the State Department.

The violation would be that this can be downloaded by people outside the United States.

posted on Sep, 9 2019 @ 02:19 PM
link   
a reply to: AndyFromMichigan

True but that are asking FOR ALL records regardless of where they were down loaded from.

posted on Sep, 13 2019 @ 12:28 PM
link   
a reply to: crappiekat

We don't appreciate your sarcasm either.

(Jk)

posted on Dec, 6 2019 @ 06:44 AM
link   

edit on 12/6/2019 by semperfortis because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1   >>

join