It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Moving beyond Mueller, Democrats focus on Trump's properties

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 6 2019 @ 06:02 PM
link   
The fun never stops. Hopefully this isn't already posted - I didn't see anything.

SFGATE Article

I love this part:

"We have been focused on the Mueller report, and that is a very small part of the overall picture," said Maryland Rep. Jamie Raskin, a member of the Judiciary panel. "We must get America focused on the ongoing violations against basic constitutional principles."

So after all the time and money spent, plus the agony we the people have been put through, we get a quote that Mueller's investigation is just "a very small part of the overall picture". Really? That's all they talked about for 2 years!

Now, Nadler found a new horse to hitch his wagon to.

Judiciary Committee Chairman Jerrold Nadler, D-N.Y., said taxpayer spending in Trump's business empire is "of grave concern" to his panel, which is weighing whether to recommend articles of impeachment. Oversight and Government Reform Chairman Elijah Cummings, D-Md., said his committee "does not believe that U.S. taxpayer funds should be used to personally enrich President Trump, his family and his companies."

And we thought Sharpie-gate was going to do Trump in. No way, this is going to do it for sure!

It comes down to this:

The Democrats describe Pence's visit, and the possibility that next year's Group of Seven summit will be held at Trump's Miami-area Doral golf resort , as corrupting the presidency. Payments from foreign officials are particularly troubling, they say, considering the emoluments clause in the Constitution that bans the president from taking gifts from other governments.

On the basis of "the possibility that next year's Group of Seven..." they are going to impeach the President. Talk about grasping at straws. Our congress is so consumed by hate for one person that they will forego all responsibility they have to their constituents. When will these a-holes start doing real work? Maybe what congress is telling us is that there's nothing wrong in our country, life is good, and we can focus stupid little sh!t. There's just nothing else to do.

posted on Sep, 6 2019 @ 06:05 PM
link   
a reply to: LogicalGraphitti

Obviously they need something to cry about for the next 10 years.

#thirdterm

posted on Sep, 6 2019 @ 06:12 PM
link   
NBC/MSNBC replaced Dorian's damage to the Bahamas, with Pence staying at Trump's Ireland resort, as their #1 story today.

FOX, CNN, ABC, CBS all made Dorian's carnage as their #1 story on the evening news.

NBC has lost it.

posted on Sep, 6 2019 @ 06:13 PM
link   

If the Democrats don't try to sabotage the country and the economy how can they get Trump out?

posted on Sep, 6 2019 @ 06:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust
NBC/MSNBC replaced Dorian's damage to the Bahamas, with Pence staying at Trump's Ireland resort, as their #1 story today.

FOX, CNN, ABC, CBS all made Dorian's carnage as their #1 story on the evening news.

NBC has lost it.

Pathetic. We still don't have closure from the Epstein story and Texas shootings. The media, like congress, act like a bunch of children at Christmas. Rip open the packages and lose interest within minutes and on to the next one.

posted on Sep, 6 2019 @ 06:22 PM
link   

The emoluments clause has nothing to do with businesses you owned before becoming President.

Otherwise 6 of our first 7 Presidents would have broken it.

Most of the first 7 helped write the emoluments clause...

Democrats... wasting American's time and money since 1828.

/facepalm

posted on Sep, 6 2019 @ 06:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: OccamsRazor04

If the Democrats don't try to sabotage the country and the economy how can they get Trump out?

They will run on a platform that will help Americans and make the country stronger.

Oh wait....

posted on Sep, 6 2019 @ 06:25 PM
link   
a reply to: Lumenari

Who cares if the economy is crap and you can't work, Make America Diverse Again (White people need not apply).

posted on Sep, 6 2019 @ 06:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lumenari

Democrats... wasting American's time and money since 1828.

/facepalm

That's what bothers me most. High paid professionals not doing any real work. If they were working for me, I would have fired them all months ago.

posted on Sep, 6 2019 @ 06:27 PM
link   

a reply to: Lumenari

Who cares if the economy is crap and you can't work, Make America Diverse Again (White people need not apply).

Democrats care, because that's the perfect conditions for them to expand their power.

For our own good, of course.

posted on Sep, 6 2019 @ 06:32 PM
link   
So I read up a bit on this whole mess, the constant mud throwing from that democrat party.

Seriously super pathetic, really. No chance to smear or accuse your President is left out.

He might be a loudmouth and should stop the sometimes stupid tweets.

But what I see from here and so many Germans I know, say that too, he is doing his job. His character and language might not be the finest but: He really tries to achieve what he told you all before.

I hear sentences like "he is cleaning up there" "does what he promised". If that is correct or not, I can not judge really but my impression is the same.

And now the other party is doing everything, I mean everything they can think of to block anything. Impeach here, impeach there. Hooker, who cares, what did Billy do with his willy back then with Monica?

The US is a big influence in Germany, that is why I was told to keep a eye on your politics. The democratic party of the US does its best to ruin your country.

posted on Sep, 6 2019 @ 06:40 PM
link   

I think Bill Maher even stated that should be their plan.

They don't care about the U.S. or U.S. citizens. That much they have shown.
They lost power and they want it back. BAMN.

posted on Sep, 6 2019 @ 06:40 PM
link   
What, no Dems reading the thread to defend Nadler? Taking the fun out the Mud Pit.

posted on Sep, 6 2019 @ 06:59 PM
link   
God forbid Democrats focus on the successful economy.

But then again, we only have 11 years left till the Climate kills off 95% of Life on Earth 😮

posted on Sep, 6 2019 @ 07:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: highvein

I think Bill Maher even stated that should be their plan.

They don't care about the U.S. or U.S. citizens. That much they have shown.
They lost power and they want it back. BAMN.

I do believe he was one of the ones who said he hopes America's economy tanks so they can blame Trump.

posted on Sep, 6 2019 @ 07:58 PM
link   
2 years? So what? White water was a LOT longer than that

And yes, it's time to investigate many questionable Trump property transactions. Many questionable transactions on property and art involving Saudi Arabian money.

I also think Saudi and Qatari influence needs to be examined. I think Trump is up to his eyeballs in "off the record" debt to Saudi Arabia through his property companies. Duetsch Bank also needs to be massively investigated, including why they thought he was an acceptable risk to lend money to when no other bank in the world would lend to someone with six bankruptcies and a history of unpaid bills in their past

Remember, Clinton was investigated for years for White Water, that happened before he was even Governor of Arkansas so this type of investigation isn't unsual

posted on Sep, 6 2019 @ 08:15 PM
link   
a reply to: babybunnies

The White Water investigations were started before Clinton was elected and were based on actual criminal referrals.

Best part was the Clintons actually lost money on those "investments" 😃

posted on Sep, 6 2019 @ 08:25 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

Is that like running up the credit cards because the Mayan Calendar said the world ends in 2012?

top topics

join