It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Indian woman, 74, gives birth to twins after IVF treatment

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 6 2019 @ 02:50 PM
link   
74 and just gave birth to twins! A woman named Mangayamma Yaramati from southern Indian state of Andhra Pradesh may have set a new record for oldest to have given birth. The babies were delivered by Caesarean section since i think she is too old to have delivered the babies otherwise. She and her husban have apparently been trying to have babies for a long time but never could until they were able to get an IVF treatment.

A 74-year-old Indian woman has given birth to twin girls. Doctors delivered the twins, who were born following IVF treatment, on Thursday. The woman, the latest case of an elderly Indian woman giving birth, lives in the southern Indian state of Andhra Pradesh. "The mother and the babies are doing well," Dr Uma Sankar, the woman's doctor, told the BBC. The twin baby daughters were born at a private IVF clinic in Guntur in southern Indian state of Andhra Pradesh. The twin baby daughters were born at a private IVF clinic in Guntur in southern Indian state of Andhra Pradesh. The woman was named as Mangayamma Yaramati. It is thought she is the oldest woman to have given birth. She said she and her husband Sitarama Rajarao, 82, had always wanted children but had been unable to conceive until now. "We are incredibly happy," her husband said, just hours after the babies were born. "Nothing is in our hands. Whatever should happen will happen. It is all in the hands of God," Mr Rajarao had said when asked who would care for the children in case anything were to happen to the couple. However, a day later, Mr Rajarao suffered a sudden stroke and is currently being treated in hospital. The couple said they were stigmatised in their village for not having children. They were married in 1962 but couldn't conceive despite pursuing all options to have a child -- from visiting temples to making rounds of doctors. Mangayamma in the surgery room (Caters) Mangayamma in the surgery room (Caters) "They would call me a childless lady," Ms Yaramati said. "We tried many times and saw numerous doctors," she added, "so this is the happiest time of my life." The twin girls were delivered by Caesarean section, which is the usual method in such rare cases. Read more on Yahoo News UK Burglar caught out after leaving traces of DNA while eating fishcake At least 30 injured after express train derails in Japan Man and woman found dead in Burton house, child rescued Dr Sanakkayala Umashankar, who headed the team of doctors, called it a "miracle". He claimed that Mangayamma has become the oldest woman in the world to give birth. "It is another world record. Mangayamma and her husband are also happy." A team comprising four doctors performed the caesarean operation. A team comprising four doctors performed the caesarean operation. (Caters) However, there were critics of the decision to allow such an old couple to have IVF. Some claim the couple were allowed to have the treatment for free in order to set a new record. The average cost of IVF in India is between the equivalent of £1,130 to £1,415. The clinic where they were treated though waived the fees. In 2016, another Indian woman in her 70s, Daljinder Kaur, gave birth to a boy.

Another myth broken down. I guess you're never really too old for anything; even having babies! No conspiracy here. Just thought I'd share. What says ATS?

www.yahoo.com...

posted on Sep, 6 2019 @ 02:56 PM
link   
a reply to: lostbook

All I can say is ... Why ?

posted on Sep, 6 2019 @ 03:02 PM
link   
Never mind, I see she was infertile.
Congratulations to them.
They were trying for a lot of years.
edit on b000000302019-09-06T15:12:35-05:0003America/ChicagoFri, 06 Sep 2019 15:12:35 -0500300000019 by butcherguy because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 6 2019 @ 03:10 PM
link   
I get wanting a child. But that just seems unfair to the children.
But I sure hope they have a plan in place, if something happens to them.

And it will be hard for the children, to lose their parents.

But, maybe she will well into her 90's?

posted on Sep, 6 2019 @ 03:40 PM
link   
Completely unethical....

posted on Sep, 6 2019 @ 03:41 PM
link   
I think it was very irresponsible of the medical profession to give her IVF

in the first place. Now at her age when people in the western world are

retiring, she has not one but two babies and a sick husband to care for.

How ever fit she is at present she is at an age when health problems show

up. Who will look after those twins when the parents die?
very selfish!!

India : Life Expectancy
According to the latest WHO data published in 2018 life expectancy in India is: Male 67.4, female 70.3 and total life expectancy is 68.8 which gives India a World Life Expectancy ranking of 125.

In truth they are literally staring death in the face

posted on Sep, 6 2019 @ 05:12 PM
link   
Almost guaranteed to be orphanages after a while. I hope not of course but with the info eletheia gave about the life expectancy in India, odds are against the parents living to the day they become adults.

posted on Sep, 6 2019 @ 05:35 PM
link   

God bless her, I hope they follow up and interview her when they are five. Does TLC have a reality show deal signed with them yet?

edit on 6-9-2019 by funbobby because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 6 2019 @ 06:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: chiefsmom

I am sure the grandparents will be there for the children if the parents pass away, right?

edit on 2019/9/6 by Metallicus because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 6 2019 @ 08:46 PM
link   

Well congratulations to them. On the other hand the husband had a stroke after the delivery and is now in the hospital. Hope he makes it for the kids' sake.

posted on Sep, 7 2019 @ 01:17 AM
link   
Unethical indeed. Did anyone notice these new parents did not smile on any of the pictures ( new parents are typically all smiles ).
Old woman had suffered bullying in her life because not having children, but she can´t be in good state of mind of doing them now at that age.
Woman has a certain amount eggs which are typically all gone by between 50 to 60 years of age. So most likely eggs were not hers at begin with. It is amazing what people would do for acceptance ( parents) and fame ( doctors) .. in this case totally unethical.
edit on 7-9-2019 by dollukka because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 7 2019 @ 06:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: chiefsmom

Exactly, Talk about selfish in the extreme.

Just what quality of relationship will these children have with their parents? - almost none.

Lost for words.

posted on Sep, 9 2019 @ 08:36 AM
link   
Hi there. I have read this news only today. It is unbelievable

top topics

join