It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

In Therapy to Deal With Stress of SJW Adult Child

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 6 2019 @ 01:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: Boadicea
a reply to: GeauxHomeYoureDrunk

Give me a good swift kick in my cyber pants if I'm out of line here... but could you kinda sorta bribe your daughter into giving you custody? Maybe tell her that you know how difficult it is to raise a child alone, how expensive it is, and you will assume that responsibility for her? That you know she needs time and space to work on herself or her goals or something, and you'd be happy to help her out by giving your granddaughter a home while she does so? Perhaps tell your daughter that you'd like to give her some breathing room and a chance to earn and save some money to get her in a better position?

That's all I've got. I'm so sorry you have to deal with this.

Good luck and God bless.

That is how I raised the grandgirl the first nearly 4 years of her life, and how I got to keep her for 6 weeks instead of 2 this summer- but she wont let me keep her on a more permanent basis because she uses having her to not only get benefits from social services but also to be more successful in her social media panhandling. Easier to guilt people into contributing when you're a single mother just trying to raise my kid than a single adult. When the grandgirl was young mama only brought her anywhere to guilt people into doing things for her or giving her money, I had her and raised her the rest of the time. When she outgrows her usefulness I'm fairly certain it wont be a problem. Damn that's sad!

posted on Sep, 6 2019 @ 01:36 PM
link   

Oh no... I'm so sorry to hear that. She's really a piece of work, eh?

I wish I had some practical words of wisdom for you. I can't imagine how your heart aches. My heart aches for you. Do what you gotta do to keep your sanity, and just keep loving them both, even if you cannot find a more practical way to help. As tough as it is, your granddaughter needs that love and unconditional devotion to keep your sane and strong. Although it sounds like she already has a pretty good head on her shoulders and sense of her self. She knows it doesn't have to be this way -- that it should not be this way -- and that there is better for her. That hope and faith will serve her well, right alongside your love and devotion.

As much as you must hate the situation, always remember the rainbows that will light your way and your granddaughter's way. And maybe -- just maybe -- your daughter's way.

posted on Sep, 6 2019 @ 01:47 PM
link   

Could I be so bold to ask how old your daughter is?

My son went through something in his youth, but Thank God almighty with age, he left a lot of that nonsense.

posted on Sep, 6 2019 @ 01:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: JAGStorm

Could I be so bold to ask how old your daughter is?

My son went through something in his youth, but Thank God almighty with age, he left a lot of that nonsense.

31 and definitely well past youth. Old enough to know better but doesn't care. Sees a psychiatrist (Bi-polar 1 and borderline personality disorder) and is on medication. Definitely has serious self-esteem issues but is at the same time narcissistic. She would give a stranger the shirt off of her back but 5 minutes later would lie and use someone for everything she could get out of them- the latter never before she became entrenched in a group of SJWs who find that acceptable behavior. It blows my mind!

posted on Sep, 6 2019 @ 04:22 PM
link   
I'm so sorry for what you're going through....... The biggest worry about the

situation for me is in the discription of where she is living, and the type of

people coming and going, your grandaughter is nine not far off puberty she

is not safe.

Sorry to have to say that and add to your worries.

Your daughter is an adult and can make her own decisions and I dont like to say

all but lost to you, but your grandaughter Is something else. Myself If it was

my problem I would consider kidnapping her, at least for the short term.

edit on 6-9-2019 by eletheia because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 6 2019 @ 04:41 PM
link   
One option is to just grab her and take her home. The justice system can move slow and sometimes favors the brave with these messy situations. Of course any legal advice is to recommend going through legal channels. If you live a 1000 miles away it all takes time and money to process. Just how time critical is the situation? It will very likely be a messy, expensive and bitter legal battle to follow in which you could lose. It is tough.

Good one in keeping the door open for your granddaughter, maybe give her a open bus or plane pass in case it does all start to get too much for her and she has one of those days where she wants to get out.

Perhaps tell your daughter that you will be spending her inheritance on any legal battles. Could throw her off a bit if all she really cares about is the money.
edit on 6-9-2019 by kwakakev because: added last sentence.

posted on Sep, 6 2019 @ 04:48 PM
link   
a reply to: kwakakev
The kid is 9 years old, a bus or plane ticket might not work or turn out to be a bad idea. Unaccompanied she is in much greater danger.

Also, maybe it is just me but I would be careful with kidnapping advices on the internet. I know I know, special situation but still.

posted on Sep, 6 2019 @ 05:26 PM
link   
a reply to: Oleandra88

Yes, all good advice. Just bring up some options about what can be done. Sometimes just knowing we do have options is enough to help one through a difficult situation. There are implications with everything we do and hopefully a more reasonable solution can be found.

With what has been presented so far it does sound like there are grounds for a custody battle. Been involved and seen some of them. Stressful and messy stuff. It makes a big difference when people can be civil and talk about the issues. Does not always work that way with lies and slander pretty common. It is good the OP is still in communication with the granddaughter, keep it up.

posted on Sep, 6 2019 @ 05:45 PM
link   

Yes posting advices is good and it was not my intention to smash some of your advices. I was only pointing out that sending a 9 year old to board a plane, train or bus has its own dangers.

The kidnapping comment from me was more to prevent the thread from being closed and that would not help anyone. I am not sure if it is against the terms and conditions, but it is still a crime and I know the gov in general dislikes "self justice".

It was more ment as a protection than anything. GeauxHomeYoureDrunk wrote she has no legal way yet. Taking this step would do more harm in the long term. I get the idea that authorities might be human once and let that fly but she can not count on it. In the end she may not be able to be around because of some "stay away order" (I fail the vocab)

This is why I remessaged the message from hiddeninsite. I found it the best thought out advice until yet.

posted on Sep, 6 2019 @ 06:13 PM
link   

Different states have different laws, maybe your granddaughter can record some "happening" at her house on her tablet.
That might be the legal push to get her in a safe place.

edit on 6-9-2019 by JAGStorm because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 6 2019 @ 06:16 PM
link   

Sounds like they are living in Berkeley! It's a nightmare, perhaps you should call the vice squad, they don't have any compunctions about shaming sex workers and then when she is locked up then you can get custody. These people are a danger to themselves and others.

posted on Sep, 6 2019 @ 07:18 PM
link   
a reply to: Oleandra88

The courts do have a tough job with custody issues. Lots of things they need to consider with lots of emotion wrapped up in it. Generally it comes down to what is in the best interest of the child.

Hearing a situation where a child in getting brought up in a brothel with drug issues does make for one of the easier cases out there. Maybe the child can overcome the issues of a troubled upbringing, some do. Some just carry on with those bad habits. If there are clear signs of abuse taking place then there is justification in taking action. The legal system is there to try and support people through these conflicts. With the insidious nature of some forms of abuse it does take some support to get things rolling.

posted on Sep, 6 2019 @ 07:45 PM
link   

Yes sure it may be not a black and white thing for the court. Not sure if I would call the place a brothel, from geauxhomeyouredrunks description too.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join