It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Pentagon wants more control over the news. What could possibly go wrong?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 6 2019 @ 09:53 AM
link   
What could possibly go wrong?

It's beginning to look a lot like Communist China, everywhere we look. WTH are they thinking?

Look, if theserunning our minds amock keep intruding into our personal lives, a civil war will rear its ugly twofaced head by Xmas.

If there's a worse idea than the Pentagon becoming Editor-in-Chief of America, I can't remember it. But we're getting there: From Bloomberg over Labor Day weekend: Fake news and social media posts are such a threat to U.S. security that the Defense Department is launching a project to repel "large-scale, automated disinformation attacks," as the top Republican in Congress blocks efforts to protect the integrity of elections.

AND

One of the Pentagon's most secretive agencies, the Defense Advanced Research Projects Agency (DARPA), is developing "custom software that can unearth fakes hidden among more than 500,000 stories, photos, video and audio clips."

Once upon a time, when progressives still reflexively distrusted the military, DARPA was a liberal punchline, known for helping invent the Internet but also for developing lunatic privacy-invading projects like LifeLog, a program to "gather in a single place just about everything an individual says, sees, or does."

flip board
edit on 6-9-2019 by TGunner because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 6 2019 @ 10:05 AM
link   
This news has been DARPA approved:
"Orange man bad."

posted on Sep, 6 2019 @ 10:15 AM
link   
Private ownership of captive audience broadcasting like TV and Radio has to stop … it brainwashing...its wrong...we did not let it happen...the devil worshipping child molesting and eating freaks embedded this dynamic so they could control us...I say immediately banm all private ownership of media...immediately in the name of Nationa Security....until 110% vetted and managed public ownership can be arranged SHUT THEM ALL THE HELL DOWN.

I want to puke when I listen to my local news in Canada...literally vomit because I see my City being fiscally raped by the global cabal represented by small special interest groups and a lot of money...I see the needs of the People being absolutely abbrogated...I see overt suppression and mani[pulations...I see the same crap pumped into people heads over and over and over...as I said its gotten to the point where it is sickening.Obelisks and Pyramids and Global Cabal rotten influences everywhere on every level in my City.

I hope Trump and Friends fry every one of these plicks who have been trying to screw Humanity for so long.

posted on Sep, 6 2019 @ 10:16 AM
link   
The media is already controlled, and has been for decades. Simply look up the montages of hundreds of news outlets saying literally the exact same phrases on the exact same days, almost like they were handed a script of what to report.

posted on Sep, 6 2019 @ 10:18 AM
link   
THe American People KNOW THE MEDIA IS RUN BY DEVIL WORSHIPPING CHILD MOLESTERS JUST LIKE HOLLYWOD WAS RUN.

There will be no civil war...there will be what will become known as The Great American Inquisition....mark those words....and the global cabal will begin its death throes on American soil .

posted on Sep, 6 2019 @ 10:20 AM
link   
a reply to: one4all

I don't have a time machine so I can't agree with you. Call it what you will, it's going to get bloody though along with frigid weather conditions, not a good combination.

I do agree with the media/hollywood bit though. They're goin down because people are sick of their #$

posted on Sep, 6 2019 @ 10:21 AM
link   
a reply to: jjkenobi

The difference is that now people are really aware of what their captors have been up to all these years. It won't end well.

posted on Sep, 6 2019 @ 10:31 AM
link   
a reply to: TGunner

People know who is behind the atrocities now....this battle has been entered into now...it is a battle that has gone on since humans began living in groups and communities.....first we remediate the footsoldiers who happen to be what we call the global elite….the money people...they think they are in control but they are puppets including the richest of the rich...every one is a pawn of what is in reality a lesser power which cannot action thjings on their own ...that has screwed them over...humanity will not enter into the real war until this small skirmish with the peons is over...we THINK THIS IS BIG...but in reality it is not...we are simply finally beginning to go into action …. this is a skirmish...draining the swamp and doing a global enema is only the beginning or preparing Humanity for the REAL WAR ...and when we are ready we shal win it AGAIN...as we did last time.People need to stay patient and to follow their hearts and instincts and their morality remembering that the Global Nuclear family is where the real power comes from that we will soon need.

Don't mistake softening up the beaches for the real battle.

posted on Sep, 6 2019 @ 10:48 AM
link   
a reply to: one4all

Yup.

posted on Sep, 6 2019 @ 10:53 AM
link   
Go ahead and let them, state and corporate media is dead in the water anyway.

New media is independent content creators that have more viewers and less overhead and all they do is tear apart old media’s horrible “journalism”.

posted on Sep, 6 2019 @ 10:59 AM
link   
a reply to: Quantumgamer1776

Only problem is there's a lot of them, and they take up a good portion of the Media funded with millions not including on the side deals.

Granted, it will take some time, but they're goin down hard.

posted on Sep, 6 2019 @ 11:08 AM
link   
Ia reply to: TGunner

I don't think you need to be worry about. Probably a temporary action. Once CNN is.....

posted on Sep, 6 2019 @ 11:35 AM
link   
When you have the capability to blow up the world there are serious issues of information integrity that need to be addressed before hitting that big red button. It is of national security the the US military does gets its facts straight before engaging any perceived threats.

There are already media filters in place to adjust the news cycle talking points, Associated Press is one of the main ones. Maybe there are some in the military that are freaking out about getting called out on there actions and are trying to preempt it.

While disinformation is allowed to roam free amongst the nations decision makes, the risks of further false flags or pure incompetence to take the day is real.

posted on Sep, 6 2019 @ 11:37 AM
link   
a reply to: Trueman

I wish I could fill in the blanks.

posted on Sep, 6 2019 @ 04:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: jjkenobi
The media is already controlled, and has been for decades. Simply look up the montages of hundreds of news outlets saying literally the exact same phrases on the exact same days, almost like they were handed a script of what to report.

I think that's more out of laziness than some attempt to control what the media puts out. The Associated Press puts out an article and automated processes at the 24x7 news networks wrap it in their brand and post it.

As for the Pentagon trying to do this, it won't happen until after 2024.

posted on Sep, 6 2019 @ 06:46 PM
link   
a reply to: LogicalGraphitti
That's dependant on who wins in 2024. Let us hope it ain't more dems.

new topics

top topics

join