It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Assault weapons are the devil!

page: 21
<< 18  19  20    22 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 8 2019 @ 08:15 AM
link   
a reply to: InTheLight

When one's only response to a serious issue is a music video, one has lost the argument.

TheRedneck

posted on Sep, 8 2019 @ 08:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: Flyingclaydisk
a reply to: network dude

Answer = Neither. They are both identical. Well, maybe not exactly...the Ruger Mini-14 shoots a Remington .223, and the AR shoots a 5.56x45mm NATO OR a Rem. .223 cartridge. The Ruger is more accurate than the pictured AR, but at a cost of weight. Also, the pictured AR is an SBR, requiring a federal permit/tax stamp.

look into the rules for an AR pistol. You no longer need all that for one, as long as it fits the rules. The stock cannot extend.
But you are correct in that essentially, they are the same weapon, both capable of multiple round magazines. I agree that the min-14 is a superior weapon, but it costs almost 3 times as much, so it will remain next to the M1 Garrand in the want category.

posted on Sep, 8 2019 @ 09:03 AM
link   
a reply to: contextual

Yeah, and with the power taken from the people, you end up having to have a license for your television.

You got your license, mate?

We prefer liberty, and the means to defend her.

posted on Sep, 8 2019 @ 09:16 AM
link   
a reply to: InTheLight

That's cute.

The Wild West was a Hollywood creation. It wasn't really like you see in the movies. maybe read a little bit of history from the time.

posted on Sep, 8 2019 @ 10:02 AM
link   

No you are technically incorrect, assault weapons are a broadly defined category and both are technically assault rifles. Any rifle with the ability to fire multiple rounds in rapid succession, usually with a large clip counts as an assault weapon. Caliber is irrelevant and so is the material the stock is made of.

posted on Sep, 8 2019 @ 10:25 AM
link   
a reply to: richapau

That definition is fluid. You define assault weapons that way; some would consider only fully automatic weapons as assault weapons; others would include everything except black powder rifles assault weapons (I'm sure a few would include even them); most fall somewhere between those extremes. But there is no official definition. Your assualt weapon may be my hunting rifle and vice versa.

That's the real issue. An assault rifle ban without a specific, predetermined, official definition of what an assault rifle is, becomes a law that is one pen stroke away from a total ban on all rifles.

TheRedneck

posted on Sep, 8 2019 @ 11:54 AM
link   
a reply to: TheRedneck

Call them defense rifles and be done with it already, that should do the trick for this Idiocracy of yours.

Naked apes and their kill-toys in a Brave New Oligarchy, kinda funny in a very moronic way. So... when exactly are you idiots going to protect the constitution with your big bad rifles, never? It could hurt the economy, right?

The world's laughingstock with full clips for brains. Hilarious!

posted on Sep, 8 2019 @ 02:06 PM
link   
a reply to: PublicOpinion

Magazines. Not clips. Just sayin'.

Naked apes? Actually, I wears denim most of the time...no one wants to see me nekkid.

Kill-toys? Mine are not toys. Never have been, never will be. Have a few of them killed? Yeah, deer, a few coyotes, some quail and pheasant, assorted bunnies and squirrels. All of 'em tasted good.

Protecting the Constitution? No. Though given how more than a few people like you are runnin' around trying to change it without doing it the right way, through amending it...it surely does seem to need it.

But, I'll do that through the ballot box...that way y'all aren't skeered of my, what did you call 'em...oh, yes, kill-toys.

edit on 9/8/2019 by seagull because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 8 2019 @ 02:10 PM
link   
a reply to: TheRedneck

I thought that that was name calling...?

Kinda like the one two posts up from this one.

🙄

posted on Sep, 8 2019 @ 02:19 PM
link   
a reply to: seagull

Protecting the Constitution? No. Though given how more than a few people like you are runnin' around trying to change it without doing it the right way, through amending it...it surely does seem to need it.

Frankly? I couldn't care less about a piece of paper which lost it's meaning with National Security and Patriot Acts. It's kinda funny that you guys still believe this silly German would be a threat, not an ally for the cause.

What's your cause then? Playing the fool and ignoring the state of affairs in the West?
edit on 8-9-2019 by PublicOpinion because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 8 2019 @ 02:35 PM
link   
A German being pro give up guns. Who would have thought.

posted on Sep, 8 2019 @ 02:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: contextual

originally posted by: shooterbrody
those wishing to disarm the citizens can't have an honest discussion
their confiscation agenda is exposed when doing such

Great Britain and Australia laughs at your lack of knowledge, guffaw.
Less guns = Less shootings, dumb Americans blame Mario Kart, lol.
The federal government unconstitutionally criminalizes the possession of so many things is bad enough,But that the vast majority of Americans accept this as legitimate is even more troubling.
Anything not so enumerated in Article I, Section 8, of the Constitution is reserved to the states. Period.

The federal government has no authority whatsoever under the Constitution to ban the possession of not just any drug—including coc aine, heroin, and meth—but also moonshine, any kind of gun, any type of ammunition, elephant ivory, exotic animals, Cuban cigars, unlicensed dentures, home-brewed beer and wine, and bald eagles.

One can search the Constitution all morning, all afternoon, all evening, all day, and all night, and never find the hint of a reference to the federal government having the authority to prohibit Americans from possessing some object.

sorry but the AR15 is a object
The powers reserved to the States ,the Constitution doesn’t authorize the federal government to ban anything.

posted on Sep, 8 2019 @ 03:08 PM
link   

Why in the world would I think you, as a German, which I did not know BTW, would be, or are, a threat??

My guns, yes plural, are for three purposes. Target shooting, which I enjoy. Hunting, which I enjoy. ...and home protection, which I hope never to have to do.

That you don't understand our Constitution isn't at all surprising, given your rant previous. Given that same rant, it's probably pointless to even attempt to explain it...so I'm not going to bother. Your self-righteousness is probably proof against any explanation.

posted on Sep, 8 2019 @ 03:10 PM
link   
a reply to: roadgravel

Not really. I have no qualms with you guys being armed to the teeth. I'm just amused by the fact that you believe to be the last bastion of constitutional rights due to all the guns and assault rifles in your kitchen.

#DefenseRifles
#NationalSecurityActors

edit on 8-9-2019 by PublicOpinion because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 8 2019 @ 03:31 PM
link   

I guess I'd have to look at that stock a little more carefully then (it's kind of a small pic). Is there a cuff or something which goes around the forearm? Plus, at first glance it looked like it extended. I'll take your word though.

Garands are nice (I know one of the preeminent experts in the World for Garands, and he has a collection which would blow most people's minds!), but as much as I like them, I'd still take an M1A National Match or a Super Match. Of course the FNH Mk 20 Mod 0 wouldn't offend my sensibilities either!

posted on Sep, 8 2019 @ 04:35 PM
link   
World War 2 seems to be a powerful example of what can go wrong by disarming the public.

But, what the heck, no government will never ever again take advantage of its disarmed citizens.

Very harsh penalties for law breakers with firearms might do more but our society isn't going to do that.

posted on Sep, 8 2019 @ 06:49 PM
link   

Both are forfeiture of the discussion.

TheRedneck

posted on Sep, 8 2019 @ 06:51 PM
link   

Post two posts up sure seemed like it to me!

Why is it still here?

posted on Sep, 8 2019 @ 06:53 PM
link   

Funny thing is, I'm not armed to the teeth... at least not right now. I might be tomorrow... or not. Maybe the next day? Maybe not.

Good luck guessing when I am. Most people don't care to wager much on that guess. Makes for a peaceful life.

TheRedneck

posted on Sep, 8 2019 @ 07:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: contextual

Great Britain and Australia laughs at your lack of knowledge, guffaw.
Less guns = Less shootings, dumb Americans blame Mario Kart, lol.

Riiight.... Is that why crimes with guns in the UK continued to increase despite the 1997 ban?...

Alan Travis Home affairs editor

Thu 25 Jan 2018 12.28 EST
First published on Thu 25 Jan 2018 05.09 EST

The rise in crime in England and Wales is accelerating, according to police figures, which show a 14% year-on-year increase in offences recorded by forces across England and Wales.

Knife crime has gone up even more steeply, by 21% in the 12 months to September, and gun crime has risen by 20%, according to quarterly figures released on Thursday.

Rise in recorded crime is accelerating in England and Wales

Gun crime in London increases by 42%

Or what about...

20% increase in children arrested for suspected gun crimes in last year

Even CHILDREN, at least in 2016, were more easily able to acquire firearms and commit crimes with them..

In 2009 this story came up.

The most violent country in Europe: Britain is also worse than South Africa and U.S.

Gun crime soars by 35%

I could have kept going posting other articles all showing that crimes with guns increased in the UK/Wales...

top topics

<< 18  19  20    22 >>

join