It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Assault weapons are the devil!

page: 16
<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 6 2019 @ 12:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: shooterbrody
a reply to: InTheLight

I am suggesting you look at successful solutions other countries put into place, is all.

no thanks
refraining from other countries "solutions" is what made us what we are today and is what will keep us a free nation
you follow all the other lemmings off the cliff if you like, we will not

It looks like y'all will from the polls.

posted on Sep, 6 2019 @ 12:52 PM
link   
I am one for leaving guns the way they are.

Not for the safety of others, nor the criminals, nor the evil do-ers who just want to shoot up an area.

But for protection from the government.

Imagine - 2020 (or sometime in the near future, because this world is a clown world) - Democrats take control and decide to outright ban all guns and now the authorities are knocking on your door because they want your weapons.

Guess what I'm sitting behind my front door barricaded in with?

A weapon with a high cap mag, cause no one is taking my freedom or rights away.

I don't care what law gets passed. I'm not giving up my last line of effective defense against tyranny. Just look at China. Must be fun to be forced to live there and have no way of making any sort of change because you DO need firepower against Tyranny. There is nothing else that can match.

edit on 6-9-2019 by IrateCanadian because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 6 2019 @ 12:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: IrateCanadian

originally posted by: InTheLight

originally posted by: DBCowboy

If the solution is a loss of freedom then nope

That freedom does not mean today what it meant when it was written. Now every civilian will be armed against each other, is that how you want to live?

Yes. You endorse removing rights and freedoms.

Admit it.

I endorse removing high capacity magazines (over 10 rounds) that would be a very good start...and only a start.

So you desire a loss of freedoms at least be honest about it

How is reducing your round number a loss of freedom. In what instances do you need mega rounds?

Let me put this in a way you might understand.

You and the rest of the anti-gun crowd are demanding a justification for firearms.

This is just like you standing at a voting booth and demanding a justification before you vote for why you want to vote for a candidate.

It is a police-state, Orwellian action.

It is wrong.

As in Australia, it is right, and they haven't had another mass shooting in 22 years. So obviously your priorities are clear.

Move to Australia then and shut the hell up about magazine caps in USA/NA - Good god.

Just trying to save you from yourselves.

I have my guns and training for that - I'm good, thanks

Other people may not be, is that okay with you?

Just means I have a better chance against those that do not, in which I have to oppose for my own defensive rights. Otherwise, not my problem. If a criminal wants to get a gun with a high cap magazine, then regardless of law - He will. It's not difficult. I'd rather have a high cap mag available when going up against a criminal with a high cap mag.

Why should I give up my right to have a high cap mag when some loser who has no other agenda other than performing an evil act is able to get one regardless of law?

Sounds stupid now doesn't it?

The police/law enforcement is useless. Untrustworthy and unneeded. I rely on me, myself and I.

Thing is, how many citizens are carrying around a semiautomatic weapon ready to shoot up a mass shooter? What type of firearm will you be using against the shooter?

Always keep a full loaded pistol in any vehicle I am in plus 2 mags - Along with that, I typically always have my rifle in my SUV with mags (locked up of course) - In my own house, I have a few rifles on standby in case someone wants to intrude.

I'd rather have my own weapons nearby or on me than nothing at all and have to rely on a 20-30 min wait for the police to arrive. Could end up shot by then OR if I had my own nearby, I could stop the shooter faster than the police could. It's all about chance and timing.

Let me picture this in my mind, your pistol's magazine holds (guessing) 6 rounds, so you would initially be shooting only 6 rounds against a shooter with say 30 continuous rounds? I don't see how you could stop the shooter.

Uhh.. Amount of rounds do not matter when you have proper training?? I could most likely take the pest out with 2-3 along with a double tap to the head once suspect is down. The thing is, I'd RATHER have a high cap mag in instances when someone has a semi-auto or full-auto with a high cap mag, as it makes it easier to move up on the target or to flank them.

What the hell do you think this is? Grab a rifle and spray and pray? That's a waste of ammunition. Some people also do not go down on 3-5 shots to the body - Ever seen someone methed up with a gun? Not easy to take down unless you get a clean shot to the head.

So, then you don't need a high capacity round magazine to take the pest out (you have just made my point).

And what if there are more than 1 shooters active in the same area? Having more ammo at my disposal - IE high cap mags, would benefit for everyone.

What about other citizens also firing on the pest, opposite where you are? Ever think of that?

posted on Sep, 6 2019 @ 12:55 PM
link   

Not for the safety of others, nor the criminals, nor the evil do-ers who just want to shoot up an area.

Imagine - 2020 (or sometime in the near future, because this world is a clown world) - Democrats take control and decide to outright ban all guns and now the authorities are knocking on your door because they want your weapons.

I don't care what law gets passed. I'm not giving up my last line of effective defense against tyranny. Just look at China. Must be fun to be forced to live there and have no way of making any sort of change because you DO need firepower against Tyranny. There is nothing else that can match.

The Chinese people's mass protests seemed to do the trick just fine.

posted on Sep, 6 2019 @ 12:55 PM
link   

Well, I'm not saying this is how they would do it, but what exactly will you do when a predator drone drops a hellfire through your living room window and liquidates you and anyone else in it while you're holding those sweet guns?

posted on Sep, 6 2019 @ 01:00 PM
link   

If the solution is a loss of freedom then nope

That freedom does not mean today what it meant when it was written. Now every civilian will be armed against each other, is that how you want to live?

Yes. You endorse removing rights and freedoms.

Admit it.

I endorse removing high capacity magazines (over 10 rounds) that would be a very good start...and only a start.

So you desire a loss of freedoms at least be honest about it

How is reducing your round number a loss of freedom. In what instances do you need mega rounds?

Let me put this in a way you might understand.

You and the rest of the anti-gun crowd are demanding a justification for firearms.

This is just like you standing at a voting booth and demanding a justification before you vote for why you want to vote for a candidate.

It is a police-state, Orwellian action.

It is wrong.

As in Australia, it is right, and they haven't had another mass shooting in 22 years. So obviously your priorities are clear.

Move to Australia then and shut the hell up about magazine caps in USA/NA - Good god.

Just trying to save you from yourselves.

I have my guns and training for that - I'm good, thanks

Other people may not be, is that okay with you?

Just means I have a better chance against those that do not, in which I have to oppose for my own defensive rights. Otherwise, not my problem. If a criminal wants to get a gun with a high cap magazine, then regardless of law - He will. It's not difficult. I'd rather have a high cap mag available when going up against a criminal with a high cap mag.

Why should I give up my right to have a high cap mag when some loser who has no other agenda other than performing an evil act is able to get one regardless of law?

Sounds stupid now doesn't it?

The police/law enforcement is useless. Untrustworthy and unneeded. I rely on me, myself and I.

Thing is, how many citizens are carrying around a semiautomatic weapon ready to shoot up a mass shooter? What type of firearm will you be using against the shooter?

Always keep a full loaded pistol in any vehicle I am in plus 2 mags - Along with that, I typically always have my rifle in my SUV with mags (locked up of course) - In my own house, I have a few rifles on standby in case someone wants to intrude.

I'd rather have my own weapons nearby or on me than nothing at all and have to rely on a 20-30 min wait for the police to arrive. Could end up shot by then OR if I had my own nearby, I could stop the shooter faster than the police could. It's all about chance and timing.

Let me picture this in my mind, your pistol's magazine holds (guessing) 6 rounds, so you would initially be shooting only 6 rounds against a shooter with say 30 continuous rounds? I don't see how you could stop the shooter.

Uhh.. Amount of rounds do not matter when you have proper training?? I could most likely take the pest out with 2-3 along with a double tap to the head once suspect is down. The thing is, I'd RATHER have a high cap mag in instances when someone has a semi-auto or full-auto with a high cap mag, as it makes it easier to move up on the target or to flank them.

What the hell do you think this is? Grab a rifle and spray and pray? That's a waste of ammunition. Some people also do not go down on 3-5 shots to the body - Ever seen someone methed up with a gun? Not easy to take down unless you get a clean shot to the head.

So, then you don't need a high capacity round magazine to take the pest out (you have just made my point).

And what if there are more than 1 shooters active in the same area? Having more ammo at my disposal - IE high cap mags, would benefit for everyone.

What about other citizens also firing on the pest, opposite where you are? Ever think of that?

As I said, I rely on my training and not on others. I would be able to tell if others are down on the opposite end firing at the same shooter. I would obviously change my position if at all possible. I've been through scenarios such as this. I have the training for these types as I served in the CAF military for 4 years.

Me. Myself. And I.

I trust in myself. Not others.

link   

originally posted by: Wayfarer

Well, I'm not saying this is how they would do it, but what exactly will you do when a predator drone drops a hellfire through your living room window and liquidates you and anyone else in it while you're holding those sweet guns?

Pray to God LOL (I hate drone tech with all my heart. Its a cheat)

link   

Those in the military who are serving up the oppression might want to think about their families.

posted on Sep, 6 2019 @ 01:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: contextual

a reply to: network dude
those wishing to disarm the citizens can't have an honest discussion
their confiscation agenda is exposed when doing such

Great Britain and Australia laughs at your lack of knowledge, guffaw.
Less guns = Less shootings, dumb Americans blame Mario Kart, lol.

great britain and australia never had a bill of rights with specific protections for its citizens from its government,
that is what is worth laughing about

we will not surrender our rights

So just surrender high capacity semiautomatic weapons. What do you really need them for?

I need the high cap Mag. for when they come for my gun silly

posted on Sep, 6 2019 @ 01:01 PM
link   

Hah. You know how pissed off China is at that? You just wait. It's no where near over. They have an agenda and they won't give up. Timing is key.

posted on Sep, 6 2019 @ 01:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: darepairman

originally posted by: contextual

those wishing to disarm the citizens can't have an honest discussion
their confiscation agenda is exposed when doing such

Great Britain and Australia laughs at your lack of knowledge, guffaw.
Less guns = Less shootings, dumb Americans blame Mario Kart, lol.

great britain and australia never had a bill of rights with specific protections for its citizens from its government,
that is what is worth laughing about

we will not surrender our rights

So just surrender high capacity semiautomatic weapons. What do you really need them for?

I need the high cap Mag. for when they come for my gun silly

I meant the magazine not your gun. Reminds me of a Dave Chappelle joke. Dave Chappelle Takes on Guns: Only Black People Can ‘Disarm America’s Whites’ - meaning if every black person bought a gun, you'd see immediate laws enacted for gun control. Funny but true.

posted on Sep, 6 2019 @ 01:05 PM
link   

Hah. You know how pissed off China is at that? You just wait. It's no where near over. They have an agenda and they won't give up. Timing is key.

Baby steps. The protesters know how to shut down airports and I'm sure they can create more havoc.

posted on Sep, 6 2019 @ 01:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: o0oTOPCATo0o
a reply to: shooterbrody

I'm saying that when someone going out and shooting somebody, or multiple people is FAR different than someone dying from lung disease or diabetes.
To use one of in a gun debate argument is at least counterproductive, and at worst, a despicable way to prove a point.

so one death is worse than the other?
were lung disease or cancer to get this much attention a cure could be easily found.
400 deaths vs 600k comparison is not counterproductive, it provides perspective

to say one is more "tragic" is bs
to also say one is more "preventable" is bs

using EITHER to promote an agenda is despicable

posted on Sep, 6 2019 @ 01:06 PM
link   

Ya I ment the magazine too

posted on Sep, 6 2019 @ 01:14 PM
link   

I am suggesting you look at successful solutions other countries put into place, is all.

no thanks
refraining from other countries "solutions" is what made us what we are today and is what will keep us a free nation

lol
polls
mkay
www.cbc.ca...

Poll finds 90% of Canadians have fallen for fake news

Ninety per cent of Canadians say they have fallen for fake news online

bet your in that 90%
polls and all

posted on Sep, 6 2019 @ 01:15 PM
link   

no thanks

lol
polls
mkay
www.cbc.ca...

Poll finds 90% of Canadians have fallen for fake news

Ninety per cent of Canadians say they have fallen for fake news online

bet your in that 90%
polls and all

You'd lose that bet because I am an ATS member.

posted on Sep, 6 2019 @ 01:17 PM
link   
YOU posted polls as fact

posted on Sep, 6 2019 @ 01:18 PM
link   

YOU posted polls as fact

Some polls are fact.

posted on Sep, 6 2019 @ 01:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: surfer_soul

Why bother with assault rifles when you can get a nice RPG to do much more damage?
Do you guys seriously think if the government takes these weapons away from the citizens the next move will be to inturn you all in slave camps or something?
Luckily, our forefathers made it certain that we won't ever have to find out.

posted on Sep, 6 2019 @ 01:36 PM
link   

Some polls are fact.

Let me guess... that would be the ones that you agree with?

TheRedneck

new topics

top topics

<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join