It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Straight Pride Parade

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 6 2019 @ 08:36 AM
link   
a reply to: Xcalibur254

Not much.

If there were Nazis there, they would report on it to create controversy, especially in these days. It's part of the narrative. Almost anytime a few hundred mouth breathers wearing swastikas can manage to scrape together a rally, there are more reporters than marchers these days.

posted on Sep, 6 2019 @ 08:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: InTheLight

originally posted by: Boadicea
a reply to: InTheLight

So are they indeed white supremacists parading under the guise of 'straight'?

They? Are we misgendering???

No "they." Sure, some probably were... I assume so. But certainly not all. You must have missed this in the OP:

Walking among the 'Straight Pride' supporters were a sprinkling of white LGBTQIA members. A trans woman was even pictured walking with a Trump sign that she decorated with the trans flag.

Christen Greczowski held up the flag signed by transgender people who have left the Democratic Party....

The marshal of the 'Straight Pride' rally was Milo Yiannopoulos, a prominent and provocative member of the far-right movement in the U.S. who has been banned from several social media sites. He also happens to be gay.

LGBTQ Trump fans turn out to support 'Straight Pride' parade as marchers face off with hundreds of counter-protesters amid a huge police presence in Boston

Why would the 'straight'(?) parade organizers allow a non-straight person to parade with them?

I know that kind of inclusion is anathema to you guys on the left, but tolerance really does exist in the world.

posted on Sep, 6 2019 @ 08:38 AM
link   
a reply to: Bluntone22

To me it feels like all the fuss does them more harm than good.

Really? Because since "making a fuss" the APA has stopped considering homosexuality as a mental disorder, their very being is no longer considered illegal, they can get married, the majority of the population actually accepts homosexuality, etc.

Please tell me how things have gotten worse for them by drawing attention to their existence.
edit on 9/6/2019 by Xcalibur254 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 6 2019 @ 08:38 AM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

My dad was quite the cook himself. I have taken after him in that regard.

But mom activities were always safer, homework, reading, TV or video games after.

Dad's were more "adventurous".... If you hear mom say anyone's full name, you new the jig was up.

posted on Sep, 6 2019 @ 08:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: CriticalStinker
a reply to: Gothmog

I think posting bail for someone is a big form of assistance, and like you point out can come with a little bit of liability down the road. Posting bail for someone is like cosigning a loan.

Either way, that's an interesting move for a young politician just starting her career. I think there are better causes for her that wouldn't provide negative optics like this one.

Agreed.

posted on Sep, 6 2019 @ 08:41 AM
link   
a reply to: CriticalStinker

Tell that to ATS. We still have people trying to justify James Fields actions in Charlottesville. Not to mention the people that try to claim Heather Heyer died from a heart attack.

posted on Sep, 6 2019 @ 08:43 AM
link   

Nothing wrong with adventurous. Kids need to test their limits. So long as you weren't out playing in traffic, a certain amount of blood isn't a bad thing, and I say that as a mom.

posted on Sep, 6 2019 @ 08:43 AM
link   

Stay at home dads is a risky idea... Short term, more shenanigans would be had when mom is away at work.

Or when she's at the market, or taking a well-deserved long hot bath...

But in the big picture, those "dad times" are so valuable for the kids! And for so many reasons. I love the closeness I see between our kids and my husband, based on the experiences they shared together. Even those times they know that Mom would NOT have approved! They have their own inside jokes and their own memories and their own shared interests that Mom has no part of. But it all works together for the whole, rounding them out so to speak. And that's a good thing.

posted on Sep, 6 2019 @ 08:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

originally posted by: InTheLight

So are they indeed white supremacists parading under the guise of 'straight'?

They? Are we misgendering???

No "they." Sure, some probably were... I assume so. But certainly not all. You must have missed this in the OP:

Walking among the 'Straight Pride' supporters were a sprinkling of white LGBTQIA members. A trans woman was even pictured walking with a Trump sign that she decorated with the trans flag.

Christen Greczowski held up the flag signed by transgender people who have left the Democratic Party....

The marshal of the 'Straight Pride' rally was Milo Yiannopoulos, a prominent and provocative member of the far-right movement in the U.S. who has been banned from several social media sites. He also happens to be gay.

LGBTQ Trump fans turn out to support 'Straight Pride' parade as marchers face off with hundreds of counter-protesters amid a huge police presence in Boston

Why would the 'straight'(?) parade organizers allow a non-straight person to parade with them?

I know that kind of inclusion is anathema to you guys on the left, but tolerance really does exist in the world.

Tolerance, in this case, only exists if one is carrying a for Trump sign or wearing a MAGA hat. Interesting isn't it?
edit on 19CDT08America/Chicago04680830 by InTheLight because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 6 2019 @ 08:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: Xcalibur254
a reply to: Bluntone22

To me it feels like all the fuss does them more harm than good.

Really? Because since "making a fuss" the APA has stopped considering homosexuality as a mental disorder, their very being is no longer considered illegal, they can get married, the majority of the population actually accepts homosexuality, etc.

Please tell me how things have gotten worse for them by drawing attention to their existence.

Didn't the APA change that back in the 70's?
You just stated all those changes though the years so why exactly are they still marching?
So yeah, the in your face attitude in my opinion is currently doing them more harm than good.
True equality is when nobody notices that you're gay or black or whatever other group.

posted on Sep, 6 2019 @ 08:48 AM
link   

Funny how we don't have any threads discussing the Nazi presence at Gay Pride parades or the beatings that have occurred after said events.

You are, of course, welcome to make that thread.

But I'm pretty sure the only ones who would condone the Nazis would be fellow Nazis.

Instead let's focus on the people that opposed a parade backed by white supremacists.

You can, of course, start such a thread as well.

But that's not this thread. I addressed the entire event, start to finish (and beyond), from every angle possible.

posted on Sep, 6 2019 @ 08:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: Jefferton
In this age, you can't be proud of who you are, especially if you are a straight white male.
We are the worst.
Bad straight white male. Bad.

I happen to be a White, Christian, Male. I know well what you're talking about.

posted on Sep, 6 2019 @ 08:50 AM
link   

Funny how we don't have any threads discussing the Nazi presence at Gay Pride parades or the beatings that have occurred after said events.

You are, of course, welcome to make that thread.

But I'm pretty sure the only ones who would condone the Nazis would be fellow Nazis.

Instead let's focus on the people that opposed a parade backed by white supremacists.

You can, of course, start such a thread as well.

But that's not this thread. I addressed the entire event, start to finish (and beyond), from every angle possible.

Except calling out the parade organizers for what they really are.

link   

And for the left, it only exists if you think exactly like they do.

So basically, none of those people who were *gasp* not straight and white that marched that you noticed would be allowed in any leftist event.

link   
a reply to: Boadicea

Can I just say this... Remember when Parades were something fun that everyone enjoyed. There was no political statement.
It was just bands, floats and happy people...

Now it's always a statement, and always a counter statement...

posted on Sep, 6 2019 @ 08:51 AM
link   
a reply to: Kocag

Given the way the pussy hat brigade treated white, Christian females who are also conservative, I know how you all feel. I may as well not be a woman anymore as far as they are concerned.

posted on Sep, 6 2019 @ 08:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

And for the left, it only exists if you think exactly like they do.

So basically, none of those people who were *gasp* not straight and white that marched that you noticed would be allowed in any leftist event.

So, are you saying this parade leans politically to the right?

posted on Sep, 6 2019 @ 08:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: JAGStorm

Can I just say this... Remember when Parades were something fun that everyone enjoyed. There was no political statement.
It was just bands, floats and happy people...

Now it's always a statement, and always a counter statement...

Nah, they're still that way in some places. Marched in one as part of my kid's martial arts school a couple weekends ago. Well, marched is a weak word. It was more like a jog/walk sort of thing.

posted on Sep, 6 2019 @ 08:57 AM
link   

I don't know honestly. But people likely assume that since the left hates straight folks.

posted on Sep, 6 2019 @ 08:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: and14263
Very good point, I no way look down on single mothers and relationships which have broken apart for genuine reason.

The thread about fathers leaving children, was it similar to one on Reddit recently which stated 'men can leave children if after years the find out they aren't theirs?' Wouldn't surprise me, this place is a Reddit cut and paste playground.

It was more along the lines of "if women can "choose" whether or not they want to be a mother by aborting their baby, then fathers can "choose" if they want to be fathers by abandoning their child."

It may have come from a Reddit thread. But I don't recall one being mentioned.

I think that stinks, it's selfish, any man who thinks like that isn't a man, they're a mouse.

I agree. But in the big picture, the kids (and mothers) are probably better off without such "fathers" in their lives. My sister was an absolute saint in terms of never bad-mouthing her ex to the kids -- despite everything he put her through and made her life all the more difficult because he refused to accept and live up to his responsibilities. And she didn't have to tell them. Her kids still figured out their dad is a piece of trash because... well... he is!

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join