It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Earth May Already Be Inside A Black Hole, Scientist Says

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 6 2019 @ 12:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: ManFromEurope
a reply to: Gothmog

You are still incorrect with saying that there is destruction at that point, regardless the mass of the black hole. But okay, go to bed and sleep well.

I am not discussing relativity theory at that point, as it usually in this type of layman forum starts to derail into "--I-- see the spaceship frozen in time!" "Yeah, but not me, the RT says......". THAT is pointless.

Why am I wrong ?
I am just stating the most popular theory
And , the way you ended your post resembles something a 4th grader would post.
Thus negating any value of the post itself.
Go in peace.

posted on Sep, 6 2019 @ 01:53 PM
link   
a reply to: LABTECH767

Most of that information I already knew.
However , I do like your post .
Kinda agrees with exactly my favorite theories.
Only I cannot agree with the Earth (probably meant universe) existing within a black hole .

posted on Sep, 6 2019 @ 05:25 PM
link   
a reply to: neoholographic

Our universe may have emerged from a black hole in a higher-dimensional universe, propose a trio of Perimeter Institute researchers in the cover story of the latest Scientific American.

Exactly what i have said my whole life! Maybe I will be proved right like I was on Mars water.

posted on Sep, 6 2019 @ 06:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gothmog
Hawking stated that in a black hole , matter was completely destroyed thus Hawking Radiation .
That's a different statement completely than what you said the first time, whether you realize it or not, and yet you are still paraphrasing instead of quoting. It's possible you have misunderstood what Hawking was saying and failed to note he was talking about information, and this time you didn't even mention the event horizon. If you're making claims about what you think Hawking said, and your statements aren't clear, it's not unreasonable to ask you for an exact quote so we can put your possible misinterpretation aside and look at exactly what Hawking said, in context.

I don't think the problem is my lack of research, I suspect you're paraphrasing what you think Hawking said, incorrectly. But it's not fruitful for me to post a hundred quotes from Hawking only to have you tell me for each one that's not the statement you were talking about. So let's start with the statement you're talking about, or just forget it if you can't find a quote to support your claim.

posted on Sep, 6 2019 @ 07:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: MrRCflying
OK, so say the universe did come about from a black hole in another universe. Where did that universe come from? Yet another universe? Then where did that one come from? Add infinium... There has to be a "parent", or great, great, great.... grandparent where it all stated. How did that universe form?

eternity has no beginning and no end

posted on Sep, 6 2019 @ 08:35 PM
link   
a reply to: Arbitrageur

Matter was destroyed , no "matter" what it caused.
Get it ?
Got it ?
Good ?
And , pardon the pun

posted on Sep, 6 2019 @ 11:42 PM
link   
We are living in a fuzzball folks. A cosmic dust bunny under Gods couch.

Now thats solved. Can we get to really exploring more of our unexplored parts of this planet and oceans?? Purty please?

posted on Sep, 7 2019 @ 12:14 AM
link   
a reply to: Advantage

Really why spend time on bombastic speculations about ideas science
can't even convince itself it knows anything about? And then leaves
everyone with a big black hole in their head asking stupid questions
like the one I'm asking right now?

posted on Sep, 7 2019 @ 07:51 AM
link   
a reply to: Gothmog

There is another way of looking at it, either way makes no difference as the end result would be the same.

What if our universe DID begin with a white hole?.

Now we know that astrophysicists have said that for the briefest instant the universe expanded faster than the speed of light though there calculation is not without contention.

What if it did, what stopped it, did it back up on itself at the 'edge' of the universe, did it then create enough material in a small enough space to form a black hole shell around us, this is the onion skin concept - a white hole spew's out time and energy and everything needed to make a universe but it can only spew out so much before it is spewing out into an already existing universe it has already created, this then causes at least one black hole to form and that one is around the white hole cutting it off from the universe - but it is still spewing out so does that mean within that black hole another universe form's and another black hole around it and another and so on?.

If time in each of these younger TSC is faster than think about how big the real universe really is even if we can never go to those parts of it - unless we figure out a way to do so?.

How do you fit eternity (infinity) into an instant (finite space) - this is one way, it's not actually infinite but it may as well be since it is almost endless if it even has an end.

posted on Sep, 7 2019 @ 01:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: DaisyRainbow

That was an interesting read, thank you, never thought of life universe ike that before, still doesn't answer my question what is the 'parent' universe expanding into 😢
I'd love to know that ❤️😀

Thanks and there's a couple of answers to your question.

First, it wouldn't be expanding into anything. This doesn't make sense when you first hear it but eventually it will.

QM tells us that motion never stops. So you can think of a pendulum swinging back and forth, classically it will come to a stop. An example of Quantum Oscillations is a pendulum that never comes to a complete stop. This is why there's uncertainty. On a fundamental level, you can never get a 1 or an 0.

Think about riding a bike then gliding. Gravity will eventually stop you from gliding classically but on a quantum level, you will never stop gliding. You will just reach a minimum energy level that gravity can't compress or stop from gliding(expanding).

So how can something begin that has never started? We think this is do to the Cosmological Constant. This is the minimum energy of space and of all things as far as we know it.

Think about a balloon that never stops being inflated. It doesn't expand into anything because it's expanding from within. So expansion is occurring at every point in space and eventually everything will be pulled apart because there isn't enough of what we call matter to overcome expansion. So universes have to form inside of black holes because where else is gravity going to dominate expansion to the point of an almost singularity?

Some look at it and say we're the result of a black hole that collapsed in a higher dimensional universe. This has both scientific and spiritual implications.

If there's say 12 dimensions then the 12th dimension would be the highest dimension. It would be eternal ans maybe the only "real" dimension. It would be Heaven so to speak.

All lower dimensions would be projections of this Highest dimension. This highest dimension would have a necessary existence while lower dimensions have a contingent existence. Think about what the Bible says. It says when we die, some will be transformed into an immortal body, could this be a Highest dimensional body?

It's amazing to think that there's an infinity of universes out there and some might have different versions of you but they're all like training grounds and some might attain Highest dimensional citizenship so to speak.

On the flip side, there might be some that will never reach the Highest dimension no matter how many times they live lives in contingent universes. Maybe at some point they get no more chances and are stuck in the lowest dimension. Scary thought.

Anyway, black holes seems to be places where gravity can have it's fun up to a point, then expansion gets tired of playing games, then bang. On the way to domination by expansion and a universe with nothing but small fields and virtual particles, classical universes form.

So everything can be this never ending cycle between gravity and expansion.

posted on Sep, 8 2019 @ 09:53 AM
link   
Soooooo.

Black holes are like a giant zit on my back until someone pops it and your body heals over it, only waiting until It expands again, repeat ad nauseam.

posted on Sep, 8 2019 @ 10:27 AM
link   

The multiverse is an inward facing fractal?

That is a very intriguing thought

posted on Sep, 8 2019 @ 10:31 AM
link   

So black holes could leak something other than just hawking radiation?

That would be interesting as well.

posted on Sep, 9 2019 @ 06:15 AM
link   

sounds cool , having read the articles Im willing to bet this is the case

now , how to get into a black hole and survive until you go out the other side if there is another side

is there a way we could dope a particle that we could track into the black hole ?
one that would survive ?

posted on Sep, 9 2019 @ 06:19 AM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

I thought that black holes emit large amounts of gamma rays , when they do a gamma ray burst,
wasnt this how NASA detected black holes , because they thought the russians were testing nukes on the far side of the moon?

but turns out it was a gamma ray burst / spike from a nearby black hole ?

posted on Sep, 9 2019 @ 06:20 AM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

this would certainly make some sense if the universe / multiverse is infinite

each black hole leads to another black hole on and on for ever

posted on Sep, 9 2019 @ 08:36 AM
link   
a reply to: sapien82

Dammit Jim, im an accountant, not a physicist!

gamma's are emitted by the high energy interactions outside of the black hole. The only energy we are aware of that leaves a black hole is Hawking Radiation. For anything else to leave would render the model moot, as far as i know.

That said, when you begin talking about soul/spirit....all bets are off. We don't have any real evidence of the existence of such. And any interactions it had with spacetime would likely not be measurable using current tech. Not to mentiont hat science doesn't really try to model souls.

But my interest in the concept isn't facetious.
I was intrigued by the concept.

posted on Sep, 10 2019 @ 10:43 PM
link   

So is cosmic expansion just hawking radiation emanating from the parent black hole and thus leaking out of our universe?

posted on Sep, 11 2019 @ 12:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: carsforkids

Really why spend time on bombastic speculations about ideas science
can't even convince itself it knows anything about? And then leaves
everyone with a big black hole in their head asking stupid questions
like the one I'm asking right now?

Because when youre writing a paper, if you think so far out of the box youre into the circle.. you get more followers than if you write " Fuzzball of chaotic strings. The end. "
When dealing with space, physics and QP more comfortable ideas are preferred it seems. Its spooky stuff if you really understand it. I think the universe is a multiverse and magnificently chaotic and tangled.

posted on Sep, 11 2019 @ 12:04 PM
link   

if only we just realised we are all entangled in the web together , because we are the web!

top topics

<< 1   >>

join