It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.S. Fighting Back Against China is Having a Profound Global Ripple Effect.

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+8 more 
posted on Sep, 6 2019 @ 12:20 AM
link   
September 6, 2019

Those of you who understand global economic interactions likely know this. But to me, the article was an educating eye-opener.

Germany's export numbers are suffering because China has cut back on its purchases, due to the U.S. working hard to counter how China has taken advantage of our nation...for decades.

So yeah, the ramifications for Merkel’s German economy -twice as bad as originally forecast- are based on China fighting Trump.

The fact that China is bleeding cash, and has simultaneously dropped the value of their currency, means China can’t buy stuff.

All of those nations who were counting on Chinese purchases are now going bananas!

This is why the multinationals blame Donald Trump… and to make matters even worse – the U.S. economy is thriving, while they watch from the sidelines. It’s a delicious dynamic.

For more than three decades global economies have grown by removing wealth from the United States.

The U.S. multinationals have countered the economic arguments by claiming those global economies have purchased U.S. treasuries; but that means we trade our current wealth for future debt.

President Trump has reversed this dynamic. We are repatriating our national wealth through new trade policies, and will pay for any incurred foreign debt by expanding our own economy and controlling our own destiny.
Much More at: theconservativetreehouse.com...-17017 7

I heard on the news yesterday that China is ready to negotiate a new trade deal with the United States next month. One that will put an end to the Trade War between the two economic powerhouses.

President Trump says he understands China taking advantage of us because, for some reason, a prior U.S. President (who?) allowed it to happen.

But it's perplexing why every President since, has allowed the United States to continue being taken advantage of by China. After all, they took an oath to protect and defend the United States of America and its citizens, to the best of their ability.

-CareWeMust

+6 more 
posted on Sep, 6 2019 @ 12:35 AM
link   
The former Presidents had an oath to Cthulhu. Their oath to the people was therefore meaningless.

President Trump is very good at negotiating. They never know what he will do next and that is exactly how he likes it. He also despises Cthulhu!

Great guy he is!

P

+7 more 
posted on Sep, 6 2019 @ 12:45 AM
link   
Those other countries blame trump because it is interfering with their economy. It was bleeding our money out of this nation which is bad for us, but those European companies were profiting by it. Sure, they are not going to like it when the USA actually has a government that looks out for the best interests of Americans and causes a messing up of their economies. Europe has been playing Americans for years. They pushed for Americans to not have tariffs, yet they all put tariffs on imports. This setup has been going on for decades, we had a decent economy back in the seventies before we exported our jobs and started buying other countries products duty free while they charged duties on the stuff our businesses sold to their people. Much of Europe taxed American imports all along. That way we could not compete against their factories so their workers would have jobs.

posted on Sep, 6 2019 @ 01:42 AM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

That way we could not compete against their factories so their workers would have jobs.

The EU also works its own members over. The farmers in France and Germany got very favored treatment over the farmers in countries east of Germany (like Poland). The Franco-German ball and chain "motor" within the EU plays by its own rules, the rest of the EU be damned.

Cheers

posted on Sep, 6 2019 @ 04:18 AM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

China got what it wanted, and took advantage of the gluttonous consumer economy of the US. They took a nation full of impoverished war torn peasants and made a middle class of nearly 600 million people. Honestly, they knew this was coming hence why they have their sights on Africa to create it's own workhorse. What China was to the US, Africa is now to China.
Plus, China is taking all the right steps to controlling their side of the pacific, this is why guys like Bannon were beating the drums of war, trade deals won't matter if China becomes the new East india company.

Europe will be fine, the biggest change will be in America, who will be the workhorse for the states now?

posted on Sep, 6 2019 @ 05:20 AM
link   
Oh poor old USA
“For more than three decades global economies have grown by removing wealth from the United States. “
You poor things, you😞😏
sad but
You done it to yourselves and have been screwing yourselves for decades
Finally you have a president who has stopped your country from bleeding it’s economy dry and people are still complaining economics

And then you want to blame China and Germany, how do you do that?

posted on Sep, 6 2019 @ 08:06 AM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

You can't blame Europe for taking advantage. After ww2 the US propped itself up as the economic industrial powerhouse help rebuild the European economy. All of a sudden it's an issue because they're economies are back on their feet?
The US had plenty of opportunity to figure out their system of capitalism wasnt sustainable. And it's all coming crashing down now, and they want to drag everyone down with them until its back to what they want. Does that sound fair to you? Because Germany, and China have been on a steady rise while the US struggles? If you want jobs and industry to return, put more power into the workers hands, and voices and stop letting the overly greedy CEOs and board members dictate the decisions for their interests only.

posted on Sep, 6 2019 @ 12:23 PM
link   
a reply to: strongfp

Plans are already in place to move to India.

Don't you worry.

posted on Sep, 6 2019 @ 12:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: strongfp

China got what it wanted, and took advantage of the gluttonous consumer economy of the US. They took a nation full of impoverished war torn peasants and made a middle class of nearly 600 million people. Honestly, they knew this was coming hence why they have their sights on Africa to create it's own workhorse. What China was to the US, Africa is now to China.
Plus, China is taking all the right steps to controlling their side of the pacific, this is why guys like Bannon were beating the drums of war, trade deals won't matter if China becomes the new East india company.

Europe will be fine, the biggest change will be in America, who will be the workhorse for the states now?
Oh? how so?? You realize their silk belt road BS initiative is facing a lot of push back, most likely from other Nations seeing the debt traps laid out by the Chinese and now, manufacturers are moving out of the country.
Also, china is approaching a point where they "workhorses" will no longer be viable, quite literally within 25 to 30 years, so in fact, who will their workhorses be? Africa???? lmfao, it takes a very long time to set up economies and benefit from them, especially a fractured and broken one like Africa. Sorry bro, the Chinese are tapped out.

posted on Sep, 6 2019 @ 12:35 PM
link   
a reply to: Arnie123

People said the same thing about China. They've already invested billions into African nations.

Not sure why you care what they do, bottom line is America needs to find their own way out without China.

posted on Sep, 6 2019 @ 12:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: strongfp

People said the same thing about China. They've already invested billions into African nations.

Not sure why you care what they do, bottom line is America needs to find their own way out without China.
Well what do you think Trump has been doing?

Also, did you not read my post? those billions invested are the debt traps, lol.

So, Chinese fails in Africa and American with Trump is putting us through rehab to shake the addictions of cheap Chinese craps.

The results? a debt laden Africa, a newer and more powerful America emerging as a result of the Chinese pivot AND, all the world to see and glimpse at the Chinese actions of retaliation, which don't bode well at all for commerce and trade.

posted on Sep, 6 2019 @ 12:50 PM
link   

What's with the fascination of wanting other nations to fail and fall into shambles? You suggesting African nations can't step up to the task?

posted on Sep, 6 2019 @ 12:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

I heard on the news yesterday that China is ready to negotiate a new trade deal with the United States next month. One that will put an end to the Trade War between the two economic powerhouses.

Uh what happens in a couple months when there is no new trade deal? Mind if I ask how you will laud president Trump for his keen forward thinking and success in dealing with China then?

posted on Sep, 6 2019 @ 01:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: Wayfarer

Uh what happens in a couple months when there is no new trade deal? Mind if I ask how you will laud president Trump for his keen forward thinking and success in dealing with China then?
But that's a ridiculous question because we simply don't know. However, seeing as things seemingly have worked out so far, we can surmise that a potential trade deal will ensue.

I mean, they have to. The time at ripping off the cookie jar, of course with the help of our very own American elites looking to make a quick buck, has now ended.

Because if they don't, you already know one answer, that the fallout will continue to degrade AND new and emerging markets mean time is not on chinas side. The Global infrastructure is being challenge in so many dynamic ways that other places look more enticing than china, who is already approaching a point where their workforce is deteriorating and demand for increase wages start creeping up.

As for Trump dealing with the Chinese, we already seen the style of previous administrations that resulted in a multi billion dollar trade deficient and the systematic rise of the greatest patent and technology stealing apparatus the world has ever seen, resulting in the greatest transfers of wealth in all of human history.

posted on Sep, 6 2019 @ 01:17 PM
link   

1) You are right, Trumps trade war with China is tanking other economies.

2) China won't try to cut a deal with Trump at this point; they will wait it out to see if he's replaced by someone who won't hold their feet to the fire.

3) The most dangerous aspect of this that Trump doesn't get is that it's propelling other Western governments to try and come up with an alternative to the US Dollar as the world reserve currency. That will take decades, but when it does happen, mark my words, the US economy will fall right off a cliff into insovency; the dollar will be rendered utterly worthless along with the stocks and bonds.

posted on Sep, 6 2019 @ 01:36 PM
link   

I don't know if Trump will come out on top with this, or he might blow it all. But if he does win this one, I wonder how you will try to spin it into something bad?

posted on Sep, 6 2019 @ 02:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: Arnie123

But that's a ridiculous question because we simply don't know. However, seeing as things seemingly have worked out so far, we can surmise that a potential trade deal will ensue.

I mean, they have to. The time at ripping off the cookie jar, of course with the help of our very own American elites looking to make a quick buck, has now ended.

Because if they don't, you already know one answer, that the fallout will continue to degrade AND new and emerging markets mean time is not on chinas side. The Global infrastructure is being challenge in so many dynamic ways that other places look more enticing than china, who is already approaching a point where their workforce is deteriorating and demand for increase wages start creeping up.

As for Trump dealing with the Chinese, we already seen the style of previous administrations that resulted in a multi billion dollar trade deficient and the systematic rise of the greatest patent and technology stealing apparatus the world has ever seen, resulting in the greatest transfers of wealth in all of human history.

Well he hasn't achieved any trade deal with China yet, so we don't have some historical basis to say Trump's going to do it. Every attempt up to this point has failed, so I just find it a bit disingenuous to claim it as if its already happened. I surmise it far more likely not to happen than otherwise.

posted on Sep, 6 2019 @ 02:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: network dude

I don't know if Trump will come out on top with this, or he might blow it all. But if he does win this one, I wonder how you will try to spin it into something bad?

My job does a lot of business with China. This year has been abysmal for me. I would be overjoyed if Trump could make something work, but I'm neither holding my breath in expectation, nor imagining I'm going to ever recoup the losses I've felt were directly impacted from Trump's trade war.

Granted, I'm not going to pine over the past, and whats done is done. If Trump manages to implement some new deal and its more beneficial to us (and to be honest me and my business) than whatever arrangement we previously had then I will gladly sing his praises. I will be gobsmacked, but I will sing his praises.

posted on Sep, 6 2019 @ 02:51 PM
link   

this part is pretty well known but not stressed enough:

President Trump says he understands China taking advantage of us because, for some reason, a prior U.S. President (who?) allowed it to happen.

But it's perplexing why every President since, has allowed the United States to continue being taken advantage of by China.

'Bill' (slick willy) Clinton circumvented the USA policy of not sharing/selling Sensitive/Secret/Strategic...technology with known Adversary Nations by allowing Loral Space to transfer Orbit Insertion & Launch technical data to China in a flimsy 'Commerce' exchange-of-information scheme... in a year the Red China space program advanced by 2 Decades of no trial-&-error failures, in the China Space/Rocket/Satellite programs....

I think that the several hundred Millions of donations & other funds found a way into the fledgling Clinton Humanitarian Wealth Fund sent by appreciative shell companies with ties-to the Red Chinese ...I may be in error about the specifics

RE: Loral Space & Communications Inc. - Home
www.loral.com

Loral Space & Communications is a leading space and communications company that has built a record of success in the global satellite industry. Loral owns 62.7% of Telesat, which provides reliable and secure satellite-delivered communications solutions to broadcast, telecom, corporate and government customers on a global basis.

posted on Sep, 6 2019 @ 03:04 PM
link   
When we were bleeding jobs and wealth over seas, people outside the US did not care... now that some people are trying to reverse the trend and its having an impact overseas people are suddenly upset... Piss on em.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join