It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I never would have made Navy SEAL!! Never!!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 5 2019 @ 10:32 PM
link   
I used to think I was tough. I'm not. I'm softer than a little school girl, and I would have never made it as a SEAL (I never tried).

I got this abscess on the inside of my thigh (up high). My GAWD, it was the most painful thing I think I've ever experienced. Every-single-step hurt, every time I sat down it hurt. It got all infected and, oh my gawd, did it HURT! This went on for days. I got to the point where I was asking myself what a SEAL would do...he'd probably just grin and bear it. I tried, but it was just too much! I was in agony!

I would have flunked. I'd have rang the bell and cried like a school girl in shame.

Just a little (well, not so little) infected boil / ingrown hair / whatever in my leg. I was just in agony! I can't believe how much that hurt. It was worse than any broken bone I've ever had. When it finally ruptured, I thought I went to heaven. I think I lost about a quart of blood (so maybe I was just dizzy from that), but I had nothing but happy things to say to anyone I met! It was unbelievable how my attitude improved in just minutes. The whole inside of my thigh was just purple and I thought I was going to have to just die.

Several times this week I had to go out and retrieve escaped calves, and every day of it was just agony, but there's no choice.

Man, I don't know what it feels like to win the lottery, but it's got to be close to this!! The relief is just unimaginable!

I would have made a crappy Navy SEAL!

posted on Sep, 5 2019 @ 10:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: Flyingclaydisk
I used to think I was tough. I'm not. I'm softer than a little school girl, and I would have never made it as a SEAL (I never tried).

I got this abscess on the inside of my thigh (up high). My GAWD, it was the most painful thing I think I've ever experienced. Every-single-step hurt, every time I sat down it hurt. It got all infected and, oh my gawd, did it HURT! This went on for days. I got to the point where I was asking myself what a SEAL would do...he'd probably just grin and bear it. I tried, but it was just too much! I was in agony!

I would have flunked. I'd have rang the bell and cried like a school girl in shame.

Just a little (well, not so little) infected boil / ingrown hair / whatever in my leg. I was just in agony! I can't believe how much that hurt. It was worse than any broken bone I've ever had. When it finally ruptured, I thought I went to heaven. I think I lost about a quart of blood (so maybe I was just dizzy from that), but I had nothing but happy things to say to anyone I met! It was unbelievable how my attitude improved in just minutes. The whole inside of my thigh was just purple and I thought I was going to have to just die.

Several times this week I had to go out and retrieve escaped calves, and every day of it was just agony, but there's no choice.

Man, I don't know what it feels like to win the lottery, but it's got to be close to this!! The relief is just unimaginable!

I would have made a crappy Navy SEAL!

Sounds more like you have a vagina than an abscess.

I know a few army special forces guys, they used to complain about having to clean up after the "seals".

I think you are doing fine......why dream of being less than you are(these are jokes people).

posted on Sep, 5 2019 @ 11:05 PM
link   
a reply to: MisterSpock

You're right!

Yes, I've been feeling like I have a giant vagina lately! Seriously!

I've been banged up so badly in the past it's almost unbelievable, but this crap hurt like hell!!

Now I'm just a weepy little sorry dwarf with a hurt lil' "owwie".

Seriously though, this crap hurt like I can't even describe!!

posted on Sep, 5 2019 @ 11:11 PM
link   

You're right!

Yes, I've been feeling like I have a giant vagina lately! Seriously!

I've been banged up so badly in the past it's almost unbelievable, but this crap hurt like hell!!

Now I'm just a weepy little sorry dwarf with a hurt lil' "owwie".

Seriously though, this crap hurt like I can't even describe!!

Twisted bones, strained muscles, literally 50 pounds impacting your body...

It's funny how a little packet of puss is the worst thing you have to go through.

I could fall off a ladder down a 20 foot flight of stairs....and I'd still piss and moan about a hang nail on my toe like it was the second coming....

posted on Sep, 5 2019 @ 11:19 PM
link   

Exactly!

posted on Sep, 5 2019 @ 11:26 PM
link   

Exactly!

Yup,

I could literally be run over by a truck and be "walking it off" the next day.

Get a boil on your ankle and a guy is down 3 days on the couch in utter pain, on the verge of contemplating suicide.

It's one hell of a paradox. Chicks dig it though(they won't give a crap if your leg is broke, but bring sandwiches and juice when you have a minor owwie on your leg).

I always look at the bright side, and suck it up when the cards fall in my favor.
edit on 5-9-2019 by MisterSpock because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 6 2019 @ 12:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: MisterSpock

Exactly!

Yup,

I could literally be run over by a truck and be "walking it off" the next day.

Get a boil on your ankle and a guy is down 3 days on the couch in utter pain, on the verge of contemplating suicide.

It's one hell of a paradox. Chicks dig it though(they won't give a crap if your leg is broke, but bring sandwiches and juice when you have a minor owwie on your leg).

I always look at the bright side, and suck it up when the cards fall in my favor.

You won’t find me sucking up a pus filled boil!

posted on Sep, 6 2019 @ 07:34 AM
link   
a reply to: Flyingclaydisk

That sounds really painful.

You might not make it as a SEAL but you could be a seal. Just dress up like one, anyway, and we'll throw fish at you.

posted on Sep, 6 2019 @ 08:05 AM
link   
When I was in Navy bootcamp, I once got in trouble for being a silly kid. My punishment was to be sent over to the SEAL encampment and work out my silliness. I passed out 2 times. I even cried once for a moment. I saw several people vomit. Even more passed out, two taken to the doc. The SEAL guys were enjoying every moment of it.

top topics

join