It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Walmart asks people to stop shopping in PJ's

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 5 2019 @ 02:39 PM
link   
a reply to: butcherguy

Good point, I didn't even look at that part. The kid mopping the floor with his shirt and jeans had all of my attention. Hope the driver don't hit a piss puddle. Damn fat people. I had to walk a quarter of a mile an hour around Albertson's once because the last two motorized carts got taken by two fat women and I was with my 90 year old grandma. I wanted to horse kick one of them off.

posted on Sep, 5 2019 @ 02:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: JAGStorm
a reply to: LSU2018

I don't know what is worse, her shirt, or that she is buying frosting...

Neither one is good for her... I can see that much.

posted on Sep, 5 2019 @ 02:41 PM
link   

a reply to: LSU2018

I don't know what is worse, her shirt, or that she is buying frosting...

She has to eat more frosting.... to qualify for a scooter.

posted on Sep, 5 2019 @ 02:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse
I actually know some people that go shopping in their PJs in the winter with a jacket on over the top. They do wear boots though. They go shopping at night, there are less people there at two in the morning. Walmart is the only grocery store open all night around here and usually there is no waiting line at night at the registers. From what I heard there are quite a few people who do that, most all of whom are women.

do the boots make the outfit better or worse??

posted on Sep, 5 2019 @ 02:45 PM
link   
a reply to: JAGStorm

The problem with satire in the modern age is that the world has become a farce.

posted on Sep, 5 2019 @ 02:52 PM
link   

I actually know some people that go shopping in their PJs in the winter with a jacket on over the top. They do wear boots though. They go shopping at night, there are less people there at two in the morning. Walmart is the only grocery store open all night around here and usually there is no waiting line at night at the registers. From what I heard there are quite a few people who do that, most all of whom are women.

No shoes, no shirts, no service. There is nothing in the rules that says someone cannot wear pajamas in a store. I actually see people in grocery stores in pajamas. My granddaughter even goes shopping sometimes around ten PM in her pajama suit, it is all fuzzy. Nobody complains when a woman goes into the store in pajamas around here at night. It is not uncommon to see a woman in her pajamas shopping in the late evening.

Oh, but I am a yooper, that could explain it. For some reason people will go to the farmers market in PJs on saturday morning in the summertime, usually they wear a light jacket. . It seems to be the twenty to thirty something crown that does that the most. That was not common when I was young.

posted on Sep, 5 2019 @ 02:55 PM
link   
Joke or not , but when some of your employees look like they are wearing a trash bag full of fists you shouldn't be asking anyone to not wear something that you don't like. And also joke or not it will probably lead to a Walmart dress code... no shirt no shoes no sleep wear...no service

posted on Sep, 5 2019 @ 02:59 PM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

The UP is a special place, but just because you can, doesn't mean you should.

I'm not for ultra formality, but I think some decorum is necessary in polite society.
I'd probably give a pass for kids, but I really rather not see adults in Pj's. I can't think
of another country that does this. It's sloppy, and lazy and make us look like we've all given up.

posted on Sep, 5 2019 @ 03:00 PM
link   

Sadly its not just Walmart ....

news.bbc.co.uk...

posted on Sep, 5 2019 @ 03:05 PM
link   

I worked at Walmart for several years. There was a woman who rode her scooter to the store several times per week wearing only an untied hospital gown which on her 350+ pound frame showed EVERYTHING. No, she hadn't just gotten out of the hospital- it was her everyday attire. She stunk to high heaven as well. Should have spent some of that money on soap and some clothes instead of chips and Hershey bars! I will take people wearing actual pajamas over that crap any day!

posted on Sep, 5 2019 @ 03:25 PM
link   
WalMartians...

posted on Sep, 5 2019 @ 03:29 PM
link   

a reply to: rickymouse

The UP is a special place, but just because you can, doesn't mean you should.

I'm not for ultra formality, but I think some decorum is necessary in polite society.
I'd probably give a pass for kids, but I really rather not see adults in Pj's. I can't think
of another country that does this. It's sloppy, and lazy and make us look like we've all given up.

I'm a guy, I tend to notice when a woman is wearing flannel pajamas with little bears all over them in the stores.

My oldest daughter used to spend an hour putting makeup on and dressing up before going out to the store or anywhere, she became a house mouse because she did not feel like spending time getting dolled up to go to the store, she rarely goes out of the house now. She is very pretty, she does not need makeup or expensive cloths to cover anything up. But she has been led to believe that she does.

It is like women who believe that spending thousands of dollars on an engagement ring is necessary, so they can feel better with it on their finger. It is a sales scam, some people made jewelry worth a lot of money so they could make money off of people. They started a social scam. A guy will spend three thousand on an engagement ring and another three grand or sometimes much more is spent on the wedding. In the end, consumerism gains and the people getting married have less of a nest egg to make sure they are secure financially. People are led to believe in things that are not real, I look at someone who wears lots of expensive jewelry and I feel sad for them being brainwashed by society.

Jewelry as an investment? Not a good choice, go sell that five thousand dollar ring and you might get five hundred bucks. If the economy goes south, that kind of junk won't be worth much either. Gold value is based on belief, but it could take an ounce of gold to buy a bushel of potatoes if things get bad, everyone will be trading jewelry, it will not be worth much more than twenty dollars worth of pre-84 real copper pennies.

I see nothing wrong with a woman running into a store in her flannel PJs. But I do not like to stand in line near a woman doused in perfume. It seems like the expensive stuff stinks way more than the cheap stuff.

posted on Sep, 5 2019 @ 03:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: GeauxHomeYoureDrunk

I worked at Walmart for several years. There was a woman who rode her scooter to the store several times per week wearing only an untied hospital gown which on her 350+ pound frame showed EVERYTHING. No, she hadn't just gotten out of the hospital- it was her everyday attire. She stunk to high heaven as well. Should have spent some of that money on soap and some clothes instead of chips and Hershey bars! I will take people wearing actual pajamas over that crap any day!

What is worse than a person smelling unclean is an unclean person putting perfume or cologne on to cover the smell. It seems to increase the aroma.

posted on Sep, 5 2019 @ 03:35 PM
link   

They're not slippers

posted on Sep, 5 2019 @ 03:37 PM
link   

What is worse than a person smelling unclean is an unclean person putting perfume or cologne on to cover the smell. It seems to increase the aroma.

Perfume over stink is much much worse!

She is very pretty, she does not need makeup or expensive cloths to cover anything up. But she has been led to believe that she does.

This is also the other extreme, you do not need to dress up fancy to go out. I do believe you should wear outside clothes though. That is just my oldfashionedness opinion.
edit on 5-9-2019 by JAGStorm because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 5 2019 @ 03:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: tinner07
Onion or not, you know it happens...

.. you ever try tying shoes 1 handed? lol

I wore Vans slip-ons for 17 years because I demolished my hip as a teenager and couldn't reach my foot. I also got my left middle finger caught in a table saw but that's another story.

Best of luck with your recovery!

posted on Sep, 5 2019 @ 03:57 PM
link   

Perfume over stink is much much worse!

She is very pretty, she does not need makeup or expensive cloths to cover anything up. But she has been led to believe that she does.

This is also the other extreme, you do not need to dress up fancy to go out. I do believe you should wear outside clothes though. That is just my oldfashionedness opinion.

It is my opinion that people should wear outside clothes outside too, but evidently my opinion is old fashioned these days, that happens when you get in your sixties. So I choose to focus on false perceptions plagueing our societies and leave the PJ sneakers do their thing. My pet peeve is an old person trying to wear skimpy things to look sexy. That stuff that makes people orange is hilarious, I think it is some sort of carotene creme or something that is applied to the skin to keep it looking younger.

posted on Sep, 5 2019 @ 04:42 PM
link   

Seen a fat dude riding around on one of them scooters. He stopped and talked to the greeter. He looked like he was in his PJs and pretty scruffy looking weighed about 400 lbs. I walked by and happen to catch a glance of what he had in his scooter basket. Two dozen glazer donuts, at least.

posted on Sep, 5 2019 @ 04:57 PM
link   
A famous quote from a movie comes to mind here...
"If you build it they will come."

Walmart created this customer base. They catered to the people you wouldn't want to be neighbors with. Now are complaining about it. They made this bed.

posted on Sep, 5 2019 @ 05:04 PM
link   

Unfortunately there was plenty of that going on as well. I absolutely DO NOT miss working there any more! I do think that any time people think that they don't have their own lives together they should have to go sit in a Walmart and customer watch for an 8 hour shift as it would definitely make them feel tremendously better about their situations!

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join