It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Was this teacher planted to show kids how to cause more casualties

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+1 more 
posted on Sep, 5 2019 @ 11:20 AM
link   
strangesounds.org...

Florida Teacher Tells Students If He Were a School Shooter He Would Have a 1000-Person Body Count. The teacher told students if he were a school shooter he’d plant improvised explosive devices (IEDs), then “fire a couple rounds and wait for everyone to hide, then press a button and boom – everyone would die,” according to student testimony.

The teacher said it was a joke. His house was searched and nothing came up. Now they are looking into mental illness..
I've read a couple of articles on this. This does not seem like a joke or mental illness. It seems like an adult giving a recipe, if you will.
I did not link to the other article giving exact instructions for that reason. My heart fears for every student...

I wish these kids could go to school in the early 1980's. No social media, they could walk to school, they could stay out until the outside lights came on, food was unadulterated, mom was home, terrorists were people far far away, the flag was proudly flown. It was a time when parades brought happiness not controversy, obesity was rare and walking was a must, you could count on pensions, you could work hard and pay for your own college without debt, you could buy a house a not be house poor. When you went on an airplane you dressed up and there was no security, you held police in the highest esteem.
I remember hanging out at the 7/11 with friends, we were all poor but it didn't matter a single Slurpee was enough to evoke happiness. It seemed like nothing mattered much, I don't remember people being depressed, I don't remember people being as sick as they are, it was very rare for a friend to have even allergies.

I know that 1980's weren't perfect, but I know one thing for sure, school shooter was not in our vocabulary, maybe ignorance was bliss.

posted on Sep, 5 2019 @ 11:24 AM
link   
The 80s were truly an amazing time to be alive. Young people today really have no clue what they are missing.
Except the hair, and clothes... But that is a small price to pay for bliss.

posted on Sep, 5 2019 @ 11:28 AM
link   
a reply to: JAGStorm

Charles Whitman mass school shooter....1966. He had an arsenal...up in the clock tower of the university campus.

There were more, many horrific, thru out the 50's. 60's 70's, even earlier

posted on Sep, 5 2019 @ 11:30 AM
link   
This is a teacher just being stupid.. Why in the hell would you say that even if you where joking.. there is just no reason for it.

posted on Sep, 5 2019 @ 11:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: mysterioustranger

Charles Whitman mass school shooter....1966. He had an arsenal...up in the clock tower of the university campus.

Whitman was the first one I had heard of...

Is there a source that had mass shootings in US prior to 1966?

I found this but can't speak for it's accuracy.

Mass Shootings

posted on Sep, 5 2019 @ 11:38 AM
link   

Once I got to "teacher from Florida", this seemed like a perfectly normal story.

To be honest, I was waiting for the part where he got busted for smoking meth in the bathroom or something.

posted on Sep, 5 2019 @ 11:56 AM
link   
a reply to: mysterioustranger

It was found out that Charles Whitman was actually another victim of his
own mass shooting. If he would of went to trial instead of being shot dead.
He would've been found innocent do to the large tumor on his brain. The
Tumor as i remember was in a part of the brain that caused Whitman to experience
massive delusions and extreme schizophrenia.

You need to supply a source for the rest of bullshlt statement about school
shootings in America!.

Deny ignorance lefty
edit on 5-9-2019 by carsforkids because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 5 2019 @ 12:11 PM
link   
a reply to: carsforkids

You need to supply a source for the rest of bullshlt statement about school shootings in America!.

Deny ignorance lefty

He didn't say more than now.... He provided an instance of school shootings back in the day, and then said there were more than just that one instance. In what I imagine was a point in that this isn't new.

Perhaps you might want to use reading comprehension before you go after a member like that. And since you pointed out one of the mottos of ATS, in what I assume is to keep the standards, I'd suggest making sure you're not in the mudpit before going after the player and not the ball, sir.Here's a list by decade.
edit on 5-9-2019 by CriticalStinker because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 5 2019 @ 12:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: Jefferton
The 80s were truly an amazing time to be alive. Young people today really have no clue what they are missing.

I was born in the tail end of the 80's.... And for some reason I find the hair and the cloths nostalgic. I watched Stranger Things, and even though it had such a dark plot, the retro part of it just made me so happy.

posted on Sep, 5 2019 @ 12:24 PM
link   
a reply to: CriticalStinker

How is asking for a source using the call sign going after someone?
Or do you mean my indication of being on the left?
Are you sure about what you're saying?
Perhaps the mods will suffice and I will accept their judgement!
Not yours.

posted on Sep, 5 2019 @ 12:28 PM
link   

How is asking for a source using the call sign going after someone?

"Hey, I remember it a little different, do you have a source for that"

"You need to supply a source for the rest of bullshlt statement about school
shootings in America!"

Can you see the difference?

Either way, I provided a source that validated his "bullsh#t" claim. And indeed, it is not. In fact, it dates back to the earliest recorded case in 1840 at UVA.

posted on Sep, 5 2019 @ 12:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: mysterioustranger

I don't know the stats, and you could be 100 percent correct, but you are not correct on my OP
I highlighted No social media. We had an unbelievable sense of peace and freedom in the 80's.
Sure there could have been a bomber, or serial killer right around the corner, but we would not have known. Maybe an article was written in the paper. The fact is, it wasn't something that kids had to think about every single day.
They weren't bombarded with messages of "active shooter" or drills, or scanners, or police presence in schools.

posted on Sep, 5 2019 @ 12:32 PM
link   

Planted? No.

Uncredibly untelligent ¿ Yesh.

edit on 5-9-2019 by NarcolepticBuddha because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 5 2019 @ 12:33 PM
link   

Very true and I agree, the 24hr news cycle doesn't help. the most we had where tornado drills and fire drills in school. its sad what its come too.

posted on Sep, 5 2019 @ 12:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: CriticalStinker

I was born in the tail end of the 80's.... And for some reason I find the hair and the cloths nostalgic. I watched Stranger Things, and even though it had such a dark plot, the retro part of it just made me so happy.

80's hair was the most awesome hair. I had it down to a science, aqua net, a round brush and good blow dryer. I could get my bangs and side feather standing up to 6 inches. Yes it was hideous, but it is also fabulous!

posted on Sep, 5 2019 @ 12:35 PM
link   

I agree that aspects of our environment is having a larger impact than events themselves.

Kids are raised these days with so much sensory input coming from so many directions, I think it makes them a bit more anxious, and we're seeing that with increases in anxiety, depression and other diagnoses (bit of caveat, I think they treat these things with drugs rather than trying to cure or make better through therapy).

There's just not as much real human and natural interaction kids have with the world around them. A lot of it is synthetic, and they're not learning natural ways to cope with stress.

posted on Sep, 5 2019 @ 12:38 PM
link   

Except the hair, and clothes... But that is a small andprice to pay for bliss.
I think this is why Stranger Things is so popular!

Such a great show and really cranks the nostalgia.
It really was a different world back then, getting music on tape really was exciting, you had to wait for a magazine to find out more about your favorite band.
I miss the anticipation of waiting for something and the mystery when every question wasn't already answered ad nauseum.

So many things.....
edit on 5-9-2019 by Osirisvset because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 5 2019 @ 12:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: Stealu1two

Very true and I agree, the 24hr news cycle doesn't help. the most we had where tornado drills and fire drills in school. its sad what its come too.

Once the 24/7 news networks saw what kind of ratings they could get post 9/11, they never left the model.

Things like the ticker, and "BREAKING NEWS ALERT!!!!" were added to keep people captivated. Threat levels constantly changing, especially around holidays.

We've drifted a long ways from the dry "here's the facts and nothing else" style of news we were used to. Now it is more punditry where no network is above making wild claims and covering there ass with "at this time it's speculation".

posted on Sep, 5 2019 @ 12:40 PM
link   

Are you sure about what you're saying?

Are you???

I sure didn't see you pony up any links -- or even any personal anecdotes -- to contradict the OP. Is your Google broken? Did you fail Google 101? Or do you just like seeing folks jump through your hoops?

This is a discussion forum. If you disagree, you are welcome to say so and to provide any corroborating links and sources that you feel appropriate. In fact, in the interest of denying ignorance, any such sources would be quite appreciated by many. At least those of us who like to know and understand the actual facts and truth.

This isn't a grammar school playground. Even five-year-olds can demand "proof" while being oh-so-obnoxious about it. Nothing to be proud of there. Exactly the opposite in fact.

posted on Sep, 5 2019 @ 12:43 PM
link   
a reply to: CriticalStinker

Either way, I provided a source that validated his "bullsh#t" claim. And indeed, it is not. In fact, it dates back to the earliest recorded case in 1840 at UVA.

I'll give you credit for that, stand by original post not directed at you
BTW. And point out how unlikely it is that your source isn't referring to some
sort of old west shoot out. Without looking out the source at all. Now I'll
check it out partner

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join