It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

President Trump Makes America Great Again, Corrects Another Historical Injustice

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 5 2019 @ 05:46 PM
link   
a reply to: vonclod

Thermodynamics. Heat dissipation of lighting is a factor in the cooling capabilities of HVAC units. No one heats their homes with bulbs, but they do cost themselves more money with them.

posted on Sep, 5 2019 @ 05:50 PM
link   
a reply to: UpIsNowDown

I doubt we will see a point where the woman is criminalized... I do, however, expect us to return to the days where there is oversight of the necessity of an abortion with the provider being responsible for truthfully reporting it and, if in violation, receptive of the law's penalties which could include imprisonment.

posted on Sep, 5 2019 @ 05:58 PM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake

We get it, you're hunting those oh so valuable social justice virtue points here...

The 12 year old wife issue is a major flaw in some state's laws which needs addressed on its own merit. It is not, however, a good reason to permit the legal murder of an innocent life produced thanks to the stupidity of those few state's marriage laws.

By the way the "no dog in the fight" argument. Where do you draw the line on that? I see an unborn baby as a human life, therefore I see killing it as an act of murder. Do you have a dog in the fight of being opposed to someone killing a human being YOU recognize as being an individual? Do you strongly oppose what you view as murder? If a society began executing undesirable adults, would you lash out against that as an act of murder... or would you say "Hmm, well I'm not an undesirable myself so I have no dog in this fight?" You wanna know what makes abortion the business of every goddamned man and woman in America, what gives every last one of us a dog in that fight? We were all once there ourselves, in a womb, depending on a ridiculously arbitrary legal system that only started to view us as a life once we were born. 60 million murdered American babies in the last 46 years... they'd have also had a dog in this fight if only they'd had some people actually fighting for them long enough to be here today participating in this discussion.

posted on Sep, 5 2019 @ 06:03 PM
link   

It is more about the freedom of choice being brought back that will MAGA in this instance.

Who cares what type of light bulbs people choose?

I only care that I can choose myself, without the government choosing for me hah

posted on Sep, 5 2019 @ 06:03 PM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

I'm not particularly for or against abortion burdman30ott6.

Social justice aside, it's simply about a persons choice, and Woman are people.

Hence its there choice.

edit on 5-9-2019 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 5 2019 @ 06:04 PM
link   

Where do you draw the line?

posted on Sep, 5 2019 @ 06:05 PM
link   
a reply to: Fowlerstoad

Well said, i suppose a persons choice of light bulb is also there own darn concern.

posted on Sep, 5 2019 @ 06:07 PM
link   

Well having a willy means i dont get to choose what grows in a woman's tummy, even if i put it there, unless she wants me to.

That's a line.

posted on Sep, 5 2019 @ 06:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: andy06shake

Well having a willy means i dont get to choose what grows in a woman's tummy, even if i put it there, unless she wants me to.

That's a line.

We're not going to see movement from you or me here, obviously... that said, what makes that any different from, say, an incident in which a woman kills another woman? If you're not a woman, is your view on that meaningless, too? Or, even more connected, what's your thought on suicide? If a woman decided she no longer wanted to live and you saw her about to do the deed, would you say something or keep your mouth shut and walk on, recognizing that you have zero authority to hold an opinion on her choice, not to mention no place to assume what she's going through hasn't been bad enough to warrant her ending her own life?

posted on Sep, 5 2019 @ 06:13 PM
link   

My lamp, my choice dang it.

posted on Sep, 5 2019 @ 06:23 PM
link   

Ok movement fair play, that's at least deserving.

I canny move, because any other position other than it being a woman's choice is sexist and wrong.

Ile give it a go, I've got a daughter, only 12 right now, if she got pregnant at say 16 i would be rather miffed to put it lightly, but i would encourage her to keep the child non the less.

But i would not, and cannot dictate the proposal to keep the child, nor should the law be able to do so.

My mate sat down from a door with a belt around his neck and ended his own life down to a woman aborting his child, well that and a multitude of other reasons, crack realated and otherwise.

It's a sticky wicket but none the less a womans choice.

edit on 5-9-2019 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 5 2019 @ 07:10 PM
link   
Thanks for a Always a pleasure to hear your input. I'll wager that A. Gores carbon foot print is at least 5000x mine. Just saying. a reply to: Grambler

posted on Sep, 5 2019 @ 07:13 PM
link   
a reply to: funbobby

Finally ! Bloody Mercury Poisoning !

posted on Sep, 5 2019 @ 07:16 PM
link   
Make
America's soulless corporations
Grossly and excessively rich
Again, and again, and again...

Another win for the sickeningly selfish corporations, and their stooge president.
Another crime against the people.

And a thread full of fools applauding it all...
You really don't deserve any better.
Sorry.

posted on Sep, 5 2019 @ 07:23 PM
link   
a reply to: Nothin

I Predict a Corporate /American Public War in the 2030's that Will Transform America and it's " Real Productive Economic Wealth " . This Tyrannical Sheit that is going on Today Will Finally Cease and Desist there after . The Tenets of the Constitution and the Bill Of Rights Supports it ...

posted on Sep, 5 2019 @ 08:03 PM
link   

"That's because genocide is the mass murder of people already born as opposed to an unwanted, ungrown fetus. "

False, I defined genocide for you.

posted on Sep, 5 2019 @ 08:17 PM
link   

What part of the my explanation is false?

What is false are your nonsensical claims and racist opinions.

"Genocide: The deliberate killing of a large group of people, especially those of a particular nation or ethnic group."

A fetus is not considered a human being, at least not till around 18 to 25 weeks, at which stage the lower boundary of sentience may be placed.

And even at that stage of development, there is little evidence for the central processing of somatosensory information.

Since you like definitions. x

posted on Sep, 5 2019 @ 08:20 PM
link   

I don't know where your unsourced definition is from but the UN defines the crime of genocide differently, I posted their definition for you, here it is again:

In the present Convention, genocide means any of the following acts committed with intent to destroy, in whole or in part, a national, ethnical, racial or religious group, as such:

(a) Killing members of the group;
(b) Causing serious bodily or mental harm to members of the group;
(c) Deliberately inflicting on the group conditions of life calculated to bring about its physical destruction in whole or in part;
(d) Imposing measures intended to prevent births within the group;
(e) Forcibly transferring children of the group to another group.

Killing people is only one of the actions that count as the crime of genocide. b-e above are all genocide.

posted on Sep, 5 2019 @ 08:25 PM
link   

The definition is straight from the dictionary.

An English one at that.

You do know how to use one of those don't you?

Possibly not all the same.

Anyhoo a woman's body is her own concern if you don't believe me go ask one. x

posted on Sep, 6 2019 @ 08:11 AM
link   

Any penny that stays in my pocket is worth it. And when the savings can be several hundred per year.

Even more so.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join