It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

President Trump Makes America Great Again, Corrects Another Historical Injustice

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 5 2019 @ 03:47 PM
link   
a reply to: funbobby

Abortion is not murder mate unless you are a religious lunatic.

Nobody's darn business but the woman who is pregnant really.

Certainly not your governments concern, nor Justice Kavanaugh's for that matter.

edit on 5-9-2019 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 5 2019 @ 03:51 PM
link   
Meh. I like my LEDs. Replaced every bulb in the house with dollar tree LEDs 3 years ago, don't mind the lighting at all, saves me electricity, and only 2 of them have burnt out on me so far.

posted on Sep, 5 2019 @ 04:15 PM
link   
I am 100% a supporter of Trump.

I'm also an electrician.

I only read the first few posts.

You people still buying incandescent light bulbs are idiots.

There are many different options when you go to the store. The way the light "looks" is dependent on which one you buy. Check the color temperature and get one that is in the 27k range and it will look just like your 100 watt dollar store bulb but will be 6 watts and save you $5 a month.

OP and first few posters just sound ignorant.

posted on Sep, 5 2019 @ 04:17 PM
link   
Well, I am happy about this. The CFLs sucked, I can hear some sort of weird buzz from them. The LED lights are blinding and constant use can cause blinding of older people who have lost some of their eye regeneration ability. All LED lights have this ability to hurt people's eyes, dampening down the monitor may help a little, but is still bad on the eyes.

I like the soft light of a standard bulb.

posted on Sep, 5 2019 @ 04:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: funbobby
a reply to: grey580

$10, I can swing it. I am sure I didn't say they were more efficient, I said I prefer them, why would I care how much they cost? I am running the AC with the windows open right now. As much as being your guest is wonderful the bulbs were unavailable until Donald Trump corrected that mistake. If you enjoy the light they provide you and the pennies you save then more power to you.

Do some research.

The light output isnt any different if you buy the correct bulb. Saving money and using less electricity isnt a bad thing for the world.

Again, I 100% support Trump and will vote for him again. But as an electrician this thread is running very brain dead.

posted on Sep, 5 2019 @ 04:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: andy06shake

Abortion is not murder mate unless you are a religious lunatic.

Nobody's darn business but the woman who is pregnant really.

Certainly not your governments concern, nor Justice Kavanaugh's for that matter.

Doesnt fit the thread at all. But abortion is murder.

And it is also the business of the father of the child. Not just the mother.

A father has a right to his paycheck and the mother that can kill the child shouldn't automatically get a percentage because of her choices.

posted on Sep, 5 2019 @ 04:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gothmog

Donald Trump has repealed to stupid evil Obama era rules that forced everyone to use toxic and ugly alternatives!

You might want to research that.
That was Bush
Forced us to buy the squiggly kind .
The ones filled with mercury .
The ones only made in China.

Dang , did I just exonerate Barry ?
Time for bed.

Not entirely. One of the last acts Obama did before being stricken in the buttocks by the White House Door was order the DOE to expand the incandescent bulb ban to include all previously non-included standard bulbs. The initial act was a Bush signing, but the expansion of it was an Obama signing.

posted on Sep, 5 2019 @ 04:54 PM
link   
a reply to: Scepticaldem

Nope, Murder is Murder.

Abortion is getting rid of an unwanted, unborn child, for a multitude of different reasons.

The father does not grow the child inside him nor give birth to the little fellow.

When Men can do that i imagine we can decide what grows inside our own bodies also without others opinions.

A father has an obligation to pay for his children as any real Man knows full well.

Spitting them out, not so much im afraid, no matter which way you care to spell it.

posted on Sep, 5 2019 @ 04:58 PM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake

Genocide is getting rid of unwanted people in virtually all cases... and yet it is murder as well. Your position on this is foolishly simplistic.

posted on Sep, 5 2019 @ 05:03 PM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

That's because genocide is the mass murder of people already born as opposed to an unwanted, ungrown fetus.

My position on this is that ultimately is nobody darn business but the woman's unless they wish it otherwise.

Any other position is not only foolish but reeks of control and probable religious dogma.

posted on Sep, 5 2019 @ 05:07 PM
link   

The Supreme Court may well disagree with you soon.

Who will have the last laugh in this one? Time will tell, ya?

posted on Sep, 5 2019 @ 05:10 PM
link   
From the headline it must be something big or even huge

Its that day isnt it, Hilary has been locked up

Wow, he delivered once again, I may have to concede the important issues are finally being resolved

Go Trump

attempted sarcasm above, go on lighten up

posted on Sep, 5 2019 @ 05:12 PM
link   

They may well indeed.

I guess that would be God who would be the one that will have the last laugh from your perspective?

Way to criminalize and drive a medical procedure underground nevermind create a multitude of numerous, unsafe, unclean, abortion clinics with no regulation, nor safety standard in place, that will also materialize.

Hat and a balloon there if that happens.

posted on Sep, 5 2019 @ 05:14 PM
link   
In the US legalized abortion fits the UN definition for "genocide". Did you know this?

" Non-Hispanic white women had the lowest abortion rate (6.8 abortions per 1,000 women aged 15–44 years) and ratio (111 abortions per 1,000 live births) and non-Hispanic black women had the highest abortion rate (25.1 abortions per 1,000 women aged 15–44 years) and ratio (390 abortions per 1,000 live births)."

www.cdc.gov...

In case you are unfamiliar with the UN definition:

In the present Convention, genocide means any of the following acts committed with intent to destroy, in whole or in part, a national, ethnical, racial or religious group, as such:

(a) Killing members of the group;
(b) Causing serious bodily or mental harm to members of the group;
(c) Deliberately inflicting on the group conditions of life calculated to bring about its physical destruction in whole or in part;
(d) Imposing measures intended to prevent births within the group;

www.hrweb.org...

Clearly legalized abortion satisfies that,

It is pretty safe but there are fatalities of the mothers as well in legalized abortions.

"The national legal induced abortion case-fatality rate for 2008–2014 was 0.62 legal induced abortion-related deaths per 100,000 reported legal abortions. "
CDC

Having an abortion can sometimes cause mental or physical harm can't it?

Clearly a more than three times higher abortion rate reduces that population in part right? There would be about 39% more black people born alive annually wouldn't there?

390 out of 1000 is 39%, think about that.

And last but not least, because only one of the conditions needs to be satisfied to fit the definition, are you saying legalized abortion is not a measure intended to prevent births?

Note the UN definition has no element of force required, the fact that people willingly seek abortions does not make it not a genocide. People willing walked into the gas chambers thinking they were showers.

posted on Sep, 5 2019 @ 05:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: andy06shake
Way to criminalize and drive a medical procedure underground nevermind create a multitude of numerous, unsafe, unclean, abortion clinics with no regulation, nor safety standard in place, that will also materialize.

Choices have consequences, no? Forgive me if I don't exactly see a woman choosing to kill her own child, another human life, as being something society should ensure is a safe, clean, or convenient act for her to have performed. If women die during the procedure, karma... simple as that.

posted on Sep, 5 2019 @ 05:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6

The Supreme Court may well disagree with you soon.

Who will have the last laugh in this one? Time will tell, ya?

Probably women in other parts of the world who dont become criminals, for something which in 2019 society should not be going backwards on.

If the USA wants to ban them fine, but to make the individual a criminal for something which they should have the ultimate choice over, its her body, as grim as that sounds until the baby is born. Lots of ways to avoid the need to terminate but if the choice for whatever reason is taken then no one should be judging, I dont imagine the vast majority of women who seek the service do so lightly, women dont use abortion as a form of contraception.

posted on Sep, 5 2019 @ 05:20 PM
link   

Tell me why its not the Woman choice then, go on?

Tell me how you should be able to stop them because they are wrong and you are right?

Know what i predict if you do ban abortion for sheer mad reasoning.

1000s of new abortion clinics just across the Mexican border legal or otherwise.

So that will be another wall you will need to keep your own perfectly white religiously oppressed sexually active females from climbing over to freedom. x

posted on Sep, 5 2019 @ 05:25 PM
link   

"Choices have consequences, no?"

Telling sentient human females what they can grow inside there own bodies in what is supposed to be a free country will have a multitude consequences, that's a given.

You don't exactly have a dog in the fight, nor even an opinion if the lady does not wish it so.

They are not property nor chattel you see but people, free people.

What about the ones you marry at 12-year-old to Men 3 times their own age in some states, do they not get to have abortions should they get pregnant yet manage to escape there rapist child molesting spouses?

Where do you or your Supreme Court stand with that conundrum?

posted on Sep, 5 2019 @ 05:37 PM
link   
a reply to: Scepticaldem

I know all about color temperatures and the light spectrum and how LEDs can be set to output different degrees of kelvin, what would you like me to do some research on exactly?

What you or I do has almost zero impact on "the world".

posted on Sep, 5 2019 @ 05:40 PM
link   

In the grand scheme of things neither do abortions.

That is they have almost zero impact on "the world".

Just a thought. x

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join