It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

President Trump Makes America Great Again, Corrects Another Historical Injustice

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 5 2019 @ 10:44 AM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake

That happened to you a few times eh?

posted on Sep, 5 2019 @ 10:47 AM
link   
a reply to: projectvxn

Good for you, now you have a choice about it instead of the government deciding what is best for you in your home.

posted on Sep, 5 2019 @ 10:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: Gothmog

originally posted by: Fools

THis is total BS. I know there was a scientific consensus that lightbulbs would destroy the earth next year. Do you all want to DIE????

Where did you get that ?
I would like to know.

Well another thing I know is that there is a percentage of the population that like to insert lightbulbs into their bodies for pleasurable experience. I think its probably a scientific fact that LED's and so on are much safer as sexual toys than any old NAZI hate lightbulb. Does Trump not care about anal and vaginal lightbulbist? Probably not, Trump hates everyone.

What ???

Its on the internet:

www.anorak.co.uk...

See? Trump hates this person. Don't deny it.

I believe that was in Pakistan.
Not at all related to the thread.

Well it at least shows that Trump hates Pakistan and their lightbulbs.

posted on Sep, 5 2019 @ 10:51 AM
link   
I don't like Trump at all. That said, I don't think he was entirely wrong in saying Alabama. If the track went further out Alabama would have likely been in the crosshairs based on that one graphic. Trump did a very poor job of explaining that and in his efforts to prove he was right, he makes a total ass of himself. The comments on cat 5's and nuking the storm, all point to just how out of touch he is with the realities most of us face.

posted on Sep, 5 2019 @ 10:52 AM
link   
a reply to: Gothmog

Who just happened to be totally in favor of them.

posted on Sep, 5 2019 @ 10:54 AM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake

Freedom to choose makes America great again.

posted on Sep, 5 2019 @ 10:55 AM
link   
a reply to: oldcarpy

better not go out in public with a butter knife over there or what will happen?

posted on Sep, 5 2019 @ 10:57 AM
link   
a reply to: funbobby

Oh absolutely. We would be tried under sharia law and get locked up with Tommy Robinson. Probably.

posted on Sep, 5 2019 @ 10:57 AM
link   
a reply to: cognizant420

I think if you look closely those are probably "hybrid" bulbs.

posted on Sep, 5 2019 @ 10:59 AM
link   
a reply to: lordcomac

Bingo, the heat released from the bulbs is only wasted energy if it is not keeping your house warm!

posted on Sep, 5 2019 @ 11:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: cognizant420

We never stopped selling any of them lights at my store. And never had any problems in ordering them. Never knew they were banned.

The ban was for manufacturing .
I think it was rescinded later.

posted on Sep, 5 2019 @ 11:00 AM
link   
a reply to: sligtlyskeptical

and what has that got to do with light bulbs?

posted on Sep, 5 2019 @ 11:02 AM
link   
a reply to: oldcarpy

LOL, if you say something offensive about Muslims and are in possession of a butter knife you will spend the rest of your life behind bars.

posted on Sep, 5 2019 @ 11:02 AM
link   

Not drinking Mercury or get it on my mitts?

Aye, pretty much an everyday occurrence.

I do like Sushi all the same.

Whats you excuse aside from your MAGA hat being a way to tight? x

posted on Sep, 5 2019 @ 11:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: JAGStorm

originally posted by: Bluntone22
I know that the movement to switch to different bulbs was supposed to be energy saving but I doubt it really saved anything.
By the time those bulbs are manufactured and then shipped from china they have used loads more energy that an old fashion type.
Not to mention the hazmat issues with the twisty florescent bulbs...

How about new TVs?
All of my flat screen televisions put out tons of heat that can only be from energy usage. I cant believe we save any energy from the switch over.

I'll have to disagree with you, at least regarding energy savings starting from home use. One of my former houses was huge. I replaced ever single light bulb. The energy savings was immediately noticeable. Our energy company did a good job of providing metrics. There was no other change in the household. Those bulbs have saved me $$$..

We were going to move from that house, and it seems petty but I did remove those lights and take them with to the new house (I did it before I listed). I had invested way too much. Since I installed almost all of them within a months time frame I know that most of them did live up to their advertised lifespan and some much longer. There were one or two that died pre-maturely, I actually think that had more to due with the socket an/or electrical surges.

Back to the OP. I think it is great that people can have a choice. Old incandescent lights are by far the most pleasing to the eye. Nothing worse than seeing a cfl in an stained glass lamp!

I wasnt talking about how much energy the bulbs save in usage during their lifetime.
I was thinking about how much more energy and materials it takes to make the high efficiency bulbs.
Also those are made in china compared to the regular incandescent (I have several made in usa boxes) and those need shipped across an ocean.

Yes energy is saved at point of use but does it really save any when you figure in the manufacturing costs?

posted on Sep, 5 2019 @ 11:05 AM
link   

Choice is good.

Sanity, rationality, logical thinking help as well.

Choose life America.

Put down the Trump pipe.

Make America sane again. x

posted on Sep, 5 2019 @ 11:26 AM
link   
a reply to: Bluntone22

I wasnt talking about how much energy the bulbs save in usage during their lifetime. I was thinking about how much more energy and materials it takes to make the high efficiency bulbs. Also those are made in china compared to the regular incandescent (I have several made in usa boxes) and those need shipped across an ocean. Yes energy is saved at point of use but does it really save any when you figure in the manufacturing costs?

Hard to say, if energy savings bulbs last 14 years vs traditional ones that maybe last a year. Even with manufacturing/shipping costs the energy savings ones might still come out on top. On top of that, you can get
energy saving light bulbs made in the USA so shipping across an ocean is a moot point.

posted on Sep, 5 2019 @ 11:34 AM
link   

If you want to spend more money to light your house. Be my guest.

To run a 60w bulb for a year it's roughly $10 vs $1.70.

Myself I probably have some 50+ lightbulbs in my house. At least $500 per year vs $85 per year in power costs? Then that's not including the cost for the incandescent bulbs themselves.

It's a no brainer, I'd rather get a bulb that last some 20 years and costs less to operate every time.

posted on Sep, 5 2019 @ 11:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: projectvxn
I still won't be using incandescent bulbs.

Make my air conditioner work harder to dissipate that heat. Uses more power, thus costing me more money.

If you live somewhere cooler, you heat your home a bit less with incandescent bulbs.

I prefer the light given via incandescent.

posted on Sep, 5 2019 @ 12:40 PM
link   
You can use executive orders to ban or unban bulbs? Did i read that right?

Ayone else think that the president (one person ) has way too much power?

Shouldn't these decision be led by a board of scientists and ethical committee or something?

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join