It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

President Trump Makes America Great Again, Corrects Another Historical Injustice

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+28 more 
posted on Sep, 5 2019 @ 08:40 AM
link   
It's funny, I had considered doing one of those White House petitions to try to bring this issue to the president myself. But President Trump hasn't forgotten the forgotten man in America! He hasn't forgotten me and every real America who loves incandescent bulbs! Donald Trump has repealed to stupid evil Obama era rules that forced everyone to use toxic and ugly alternatives! I of course still have a decent supply of 60w and 100w bulbs that I had horded but I was running out of 100w bulbs. When they come back I am stocking up big time before the leftists take them away again and condemn everyone to terrible LED and mercury filled fluorescent lights.

In The last days of the Obama administration, the Energy Department banned the production and distribution of your three-way bulb, the globe lightbulb and others. Many companies planned to stop making them today. Donald Trump signed an executive order today that stops the regulation.

The globe and three-way bulbs are back!

The 2007 light bulb ban in effect outlawed most incandescent light bulbs by imposing efficiency standards on ordinary light bulbs. Congress exempted a few types of light bulbs, including bug lights, three-way bulbs, “rough service lamps,” and some decorative bulbs, such as globe-shaped bulbs.

In the waning days of the Obama administration, the energy overlords banned most of the remaining exempted bulbs.

www.independentsentinel.com...

MAGA!! Just when I was getting bored with winning President Trump goes and does this! Thank you President Trump!

posted on Sep, 5 2019 @ 08:44 AM
link   
Thank goodness!

I wont use CFL's

LED bulbs make you look hideous in the light in your bath room fixtures.

Plus most LED's are way too bright.

I horded all the 60w from our local dollar store a few years ago...lol

+8 more 
posted on Sep, 5 2019 @ 08:45 AM
link   

Donald Trump has repealed to stupid evil Obama era rules that forced everyone to use toxic and ugly alternatives!

You might want to research that.
That was Bush
Forced us to buy the squiggly kind .
The ones filled with mercury .
The ones only made in China.

Dang , did I just exonerate Barry ?
Time for bed.

edit on 9/5/19 by Gothmog because: (no reason given)

edit on 9/5/19 by Gothmog because: (no reason given)

+8 more 
posted on Sep, 5 2019 @ 08:48 AM
link   
a reply to: funbobby

So bringing back incandescent bulbs will make America great again???!!!

Well, you need to be ""special"" to swallow that kind of palaver ile give you that.

posted on Sep, 5 2019 @ 08:54 AM
link   

I miss the old bulbs! I'm currently living in a newer home where the builder installed light fixtures in the bathrooms that require the new LED lights. They cost me $9 per bulb and the stupid things go off every time they twist just a little by a cupboard door or drawer slamming shut. What a joke!

posted on Sep, 5 2019 @ 09:16 AM
link   
I know that the movement to switch to different bulbs was supposed to be energy saving but I doubt it really saved anything.
By the time those bulbs are manufactured and then shipped from china they have used loads more energy that an old fashion type.
Not to mention the hazmat issues with the twisty florescent bulbs...

How about new TVs?
All of my flat screen televisions put out tons of heat that can only be from energy usage. I cant believe we save any energy from the switch over.

posted on Sep, 5 2019 @ 09:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: andy06shake

So bringing back incandescent bulbs will make America great again???!!!

Well, you need to be ""special"" to swallow that kind of palaver ile give you that.

Yes.
A good portion of incandescent bulbs were manufactured in the US of A
As a side note...
Did you know that the first CFLs came with a warning on the package ?
If they broke , one had to cover the heating/air-conditioning vents , leave , and call a hazmat team.
Now , its cover the vents , open a window , get all people and pets out , etc.
Never saw that on the old style of bulbs.

posted on Sep, 5 2019 @ 09:21 AM
link   
Also we need someone to look at the expected life of these new bulbs. 7 years my butt. I've lived in my current house 8 years and have to replace these bulbs regularly. And our lights are off all night and nearly all day while people are at work/school.

And no, nothing is wrong with the wiring.

posted on Sep, 5 2019 @ 09:22 AM
link   
THis is total BS. I know there was a scientific consensus that lightbulbs would destroy the earth next year. Do you all want to DIE????

posted on Sep, 5 2019 @ 09:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: Fools
THis is total BS. I know there was a scientific consensus that lightbulbs would destroy the earth next year. Do you all want to DIE????

Where did you get that ?
I would like to know.

posted on Sep, 5 2019 @ 09:39 AM
link   
a reply to: Gothmog

"They" do like to make things complicated.

Never mind the likes of old Thermometers breaking and the Mercury spilling out?

Guess we should have Hazmat teams and evacuations back then also.

We just tried not to drink the stuff or get it on our mitts.

posted on Sep, 5 2019 @ 09:44 AM
link   

Yay! That is good news!!!

I stocked up too, buying a few cases from the internet before the ban went into effect. The 100s are gone, but I still have some 60s and 40s left.

Now I just need to remember to go pick up a new flourescent bar for my kitchen light... fortunately it has two, so I'm not cooking in the dark, but that one will no doubt go out soon as well!

+3 more 
posted on Sep, 5 2019 @ 09:52 AM
link   
Just remember

The extremely wealthy elite think us peons using the wrong lightbulbs need to be forced to change because we hurt the environment

They tell us this as the fly on private jets and from their third lake house

posted on Sep, 5 2019 @ 09:55 AM
link   

It's great to have a full variety of bulbs available once again. President Trump really does have a big list of "promises made" that he checks off.

posted on Sep, 5 2019 @ 10:05 AM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake

You like those terrible LED and florescent bulbs? You like the government telling you what you can use as light?

posted on Sep, 5 2019 @ 10:06 AM
link   
Now people can be "Pro Choice" about light bulbs !!

😃

posted on Sep, 5 2019 @ 10:06 AM
link   
a reply to: Deetermined

Time to rip those fixtures out! Back to the gentle warm incandescent glow.

posted on Sep, 5 2019 @ 10:10 AM
link   
a reply to: Boadicea

I recently replaced the ballast in my kitchen light, turns out you can buy just a new ballast online for like $10 shipped. I did screw up and buy the wrong one at first (there are different ones for circular and straight bulbs that have the same model number) but after that it was an easy fix for my electrician.

posted on Sep, 5 2019 @ 10:11 AM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

I was ecstatic when I found out last night that he did this. I didn't even know it was on his radar! The man is a human dynamo.

posted on Sep, 5 2019 @ 10:11 AM
link   
I still won't be using incandescent bulbs.

Make my air conditioner work harder to dissipate that heat. Uses more power, thus costing me more money.
edit on 9 5 2019 by projectvxn because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join