It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Finished upgrading my 80 gram micro drone!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 5 2019 @ 07:57 AM
link   
Last night, I finally completed the upgrades on my new micro drone.

I upgraded the receiver (range extended to a mile) I also upgraded the video transmitter. Aside from that, I also replaced the FPV cam with a Runcam Racer Nano. This camera is only 14mm x 14mm in size. Super tiny, but still has a WDR. Finally, I converted the battery adapter to an XT30 so I can fly 450mah LiHV 2S battery's.

I managed to sneak in a quick flight before we got a nasty storm last night. The water in the air doesn't help with analog video reception, so I have a little more breakup than normal. But you can at-least see the flight characteristics of this little guy.

All up flight weight is only 80 grams. Check it out! >

posted on Sep, 5 2019 @ 08:38 AM
link   
What antenna are you using on your Fatshrks?

just wondering.

posted on Sep, 5 2019 @ 09:12 AM
link   
a reply to: baddmove

Just a RHCP and a Patch. The one's that actually came with the Attitude V5's. The video looks WAAAY better in the goggles. The DVR doesn't record the best.

posted on Sep, 5 2019 @ 09:23 AM
link   
a reply to: Triton1128

Can it hover?

posted on Sep, 5 2019 @ 09:51 AM
link   
Really nice man, here in AZ it is still way too hot to fly. Yesterday was 110. I don't want to go puffing packs. So I have mainly been flying my 2s and 1s Whoops. We do Whoop races every Thursday here in AZ.

My next build is going to be a toothpick drone with an HD recording camera for sure. My 6" is fun but toothpicks are super nimble.
edit on 5-9-2019 by PraetorianAZ because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 5 2019 @ 10:53 AM
link   
I wouldn't want to mow your grass.

posted on Sep, 5 2019 @ 11:01 AM
link   
a reply to: schuyler

Haha! Tell me about it. I bought one of those 52" Zero Turns. Still takes me 2 hours! Summer is over now, so I only mow once every 2 weeks now. Its not too bad.

posted on Sep, 5 2019 @ 11:03 AM
link   
a reply to: PraetorianAZ

I hear ya! I just finished my Armattan Rooster build and its a beast. I have BF 4.0.4 locked in really nice. But ever since I got this little guy. Its all I've been flying. They are so much fun and bounce off the grass if you crash.. so you can really push it!

top topics

join