It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

‘I Can’t Feel My Heart:’ Children Separated from Their Parents at US-Mexico Border

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 5 2019 @ 09:43 AM
link   
a reply to: Gothmog

The FSA is a binding agreement that remains in effect until 45 days after the government passes actual regulations to cover what is outlined in the agreement. So far this has not been done. Therefore the government is still bound by the agreement.

This has been upheld by the courts on a number of occasions.

posted on Sep, 5 2019 @ 09:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: Xcalibur254
a reply to: network dude

And you may want to check in to how this administration argued in court that they were not required to provide basic hygiene products to these children or ensure they were in conditions that allowed for adequate sleep.

You may also want to check how this administration is currently trying to get rid of the Flores Settlement. The very decision that requires the government to provide safe and sanitary conditions to these kids.

Guess what? Everyone in government is responsible for these inhumane conditions. Including your Dear Leader. At least the rank-and-file of the Left actually seem appalled at what's happening to these children.

I wonder if your tune will change if a wrongfully detained US citizen dies in one of these facilities.

I'm still waiting to hear how your hero's on the left, the one's who control the house of Representatives, are putting anything out there to help these poor defenseless kids. I mean, making threads about it is nice, but doing something might go just a bit farther. Remember, republicans don't care about kids. Any of them. We just want money and power. It's you democrats who care for the little guy. Man up and do something. passing wind isn't getting it done son.
edit on 5-9-2019 by network dude because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 5 2019 @ 09:45 AM
link   
a reply to: LSU2018

This is all just desperation mixed with convenience.

That is a fact jack!
They will get more desperate the closer we get to nov 2020
What is funny to me is that they have lost and don't even know it yet
The far extreme positions they have staked out ensure a trump win

posted on Sep, 5 2019 @ 09:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: CynConcepts
a reply to: Xcalibur254

If the conditions are so bad in these facilities, why is Congress refusing to increase the budget to ensure they are humane? Doesn't the Democrat majority ruled House control such?

they don't seem interested in talking about solutions, just blame. typical.

posted on Sep, 5 2019 @ 09:52 AM
link   

Those kids weren't separated from their parents. They were unaccompanied minors. Obama also got slapped down in federal court for violating the Flores Settlement. Policy changes ensued.

posted on Sep, 5 2019 @ 09:52 AM
link   

You mean like passing the emergency funding bill they passed in June that was opposed by the Right?
edit on 9/5/2019 by Xcalibur254 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 5 2019 @ 09:55 AM
link   
we should be spending said funding on the children of slain service members permanently separated from their parents

posted on Sep, 5 2019 @ 09:56 AM
link   
a reply to: Sookiechacha

The funny thing about the Trump administration arguing in court that providing basic hygiene items isn't covered by the Flores Settlement is that they were actually appealing the decision made during the Obama administration.

They believe so much in denying these children basic rights that they didn't wait to get sued. They appealed a decision made during a previous administration.

posted on Sep, 5 2019 @ 09:58 AM
link   

a reply to: shooterbrody

So the life of an American child is worth more than the life of a foreign child?

Yes. And those coming here more than likely feel the same about their children being more important than ours. America first.

posted on Sep, 5 2019 @ 09:59 AM
link   

As has been pointed out, the LEFT doesn't really care about the children. Proof of that is how easily they approve of murdering little babies.

posted on Sep, 5 2019 @ 10:02 AM
link   
the parents are scumbags, for endangering their own children, bringing them on a mission where they can get arrested.
i used to be a bouncer, if i brought any kid with me as i was a bouncer? lmfao

here is how to fix this problem!
the mexiccans, do not break the law, and try to enter illegally.

also, why isnt the kid in school? do they have schools in mexix0?

posted on Sep, 5 2019 @ 10:05 AM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

But the Right's callousness towards imprisoning children in inhumane conditions is proof that you guys are the most caring people in the world?

posted on Sep, 5 2019 @ 10:06 AM
link   

You mean like passing the emergency funding bill they passed in June that was opposed by the Right?

LOL, wat?

posted on Sep, 5 2019 @ 10:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

As has been pointed out, the LEFT doesn't really care about the children. Proof of that is how easily they approve of murdering little babies.

the leftists are arguing for open borders while claiming they are against open borders.

They just want borders people can cross freely with no consequences.

posted on Sep, 5 2019 @ 10:07 AM
link   

At least you guys wear your jingoism on your sleeves.

posted on Sep, 5 2019 @ 10:08 AM
link   
a reply to: Xcalibur254

you guys are the most caring people in the world?

wow
feels for the win eh?

nice try.....

ps

shaming went out in 2106......

posted on Sep, 5 2019 @ 10:09 AM
link   
a reply to: Sillyolme

Another thread started without a link to a source yet we see quotes !!!

Democrats getting real itchy about something. Wonder what?

😃

posted on Sep, 5 2019 @ 10:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: network dude

Going to a border crossing and applying for asylum is not illegal. It is the procedure that is set in place. Why do all you stormtrooping, jackbooted, thugs not get this?

that isn't the argument here. It's the illegals who cross illegally. THEY are detained, and THEY are the one's breaking the laws.

If you come to the border crossing, and ask for asylum, and you are told what the process entails, do you have the choice to turn back, or are you immediately cuffed and stuffed? And by that same token, before you get to the border crossing, have you not asked anyone how this works?

I only ask, as this movement is a typical SJW event. A bunch of assholes crying for people who willingly put themselves in this position.

Do we treat immigrants from Sweden the same?

No. And democrats weren't on board with bringing in the white South African farmers who were being killed by the black Africans. They didn't want them here. Imagine how much farmers would help us. But democrats don't judge by content of character, they judge by the color of skin like they always have.

posted on Sep, 5 2019 @ 10:10 AM
link   

O RLY?

posted on Sep, 5 2019 @ 10:11 AM
link   

a reply to: DBCowboy

Since when does POW equal Holocaust victim? It is a fact that these children are in extremely overpopulated attention facilities with no access to even basic toiletries and in some cases aren't even allowed to go outside. Not even supermax prisons are that bad.

Yeah. Boiling lizards and drinking from toilets. Amirite?

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join