It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

‘I Can’t Feel My Heart:’ Children Separated from Their Parents at US-Mexico Border

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 5 2019 @ 09:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: Xcalibur254
a reply to: CynConcepts

You may want to check out the current lawsuit against the Trump administration if you don't think the conditions in these facilities are inhumane. We're talking guards throwing food on the floor so kids can fight over it and girls being forced to bleed through their underwear while on their period and then being denied a shower for days.

you may want to check how congress withheld funding to solve these issue. The democratic led congress. derp.

posted on Sep, 5 2019 @ 09:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme
a reply to: GreenGunther

Seeking asylum is not breaking the law.
This is just #headedness. Sneaky phuckery. To keep his base engaged.
You know since he couldnt get mexico to pay for the wall and all. And that was his promise.
He failed in that so he needs to be a major schitehead and cruelty provider to show how tough he really is.
To get some idiots to vote him in again.

Besides democrats, nobody expected Mexico to pay for the wall. I can't can believe you still fall for that.

posted on Sep, 5 2019 @ 09:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sookiechacha
a reply to: Gothmog

If you're too ignorant to follow the news, that's not my problem. I'm not here to lead you by the nose.

If you only get your news from lying far right wing nut jobs, that's not my problem either.

If you're too ignorant to follow the news, that's not my problem.

Seems to be your problem .

If you only get your news from lying far right wing nut jobs, that's not my problem either.

So only your sources are correct ?

From your previous post , I can see you need lessons in what you post.
Is the Flores settlement law ?
Who's ultimate decision is it ?
And , I believe that it states must be returned to parents , guardians , relatives....

posted on Sep, 5 2019 @ 09:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: Gothmog

a reply to: GreenGunther

Seeking asylum is not breaking the law.
This is just #headedness. Sneaky phuckery. To keep his base engaged.
You know since he couldnt get mexico to pay for the wall and all. And that was his promise.
He failed in that so he needs to be a major schitehead and cruelty provider to show how tough he really is.
To get some idiots to vote him in again.

Seeking asylum after illegally crossing the border IS breaking the law .
In most countries.

Denying ignorance
Why ?
Some try their best to show it in public.

They show it in unity so they believe their own ignorance.

posted on Sep, 5 2019 @ 09:17 AM
link   
a reply to: Sillyolme

That's on his parents for breaking the law. Period. You can't blame Trump or Obama or Americans. It is solely on the parents who tried to come illegally. It's called consequences for action.

I pray for them and hope we can finish building the wall and do everything we can to discourage families from breaking the law and having this happen to them but our borders must be secured. Period.

Jaden

posted on Sep, 5 2019 @ 09:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: Xcalibur254

You may want to check out the current lawsuit against the Trump administration if you don't think the conditions in these facilities are inhumane. We're talking guards throwing food on the floor so kids can fight over it and girls being forced to bleed through their underwear while on their period and then being denied a shower for days.

Lawsuits are alleged claims of wrongdoing, not necessarily true facts of actual circumstances. I am looking at the 2 claims above and really do believe they are taken out of context. Something exaggerated beyond the real truth circumstance.

posted on Sep, 5 2019 @ 09:19 AM
link   
a reply to: seaswine

Amen.

I guess I can rob a bank and just say I'm looking for a better life. That appears to invalidate any laws.

posted on Sep, 5 2019 @ 09:20 AM
link   

a reply to: Sookiechacha

The law does not matter. Being right, whether with edicts or a sharpie, is the important thing.

The law doesnt matter?

Not when Trump is the one breaking it.

What about the illegal aliens you're supporting? They're breaking the law. Your hypocrisy, along with Silly's, is literally off the charts.

posted on Sep, 5 2019 @ 09:23 AM
link   
a reply to: network dude

And you may want to check in to how this administration argued in court that they were not required to provide basic hygiene products to these children or ensure they were in conditions that allowed for adequate sleep.

You may also want to check how this administration is currently trying to get rid of the Flores Settlement. The very decision that requires the government to provide safe and sanitary conditions to these kids.

Guess what? Everyone in government is responsible for these inhumane conditions. Including your Dear Leader. At least the rank-and-file of the Left actually seem appalled at what's happening to these children.

I wonder if your tune will change if a wrongfully detained US citizen dies in one of these facilities.

posted on Sep, 5 2019 @ 09:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: jjkenobi

Amen.

I guess I can rob a bank and just say I'm looking for a better life. That appears to invalidate any laws.

Better yet.
Take out an "undocumented loan"

posted on Sep, 5 2019 @ 09:25 AM
link   
a reply to: Xcalibur254

You may also want to check how this administration is currently trying to get rid of the Flores Settlement

Is the Flores settlement a law ?
How can one get rid of a court settlement ?
See , some folks know
Other folks base their knowledge on what their neighbors tell them.

edit on 9/5/19 by Gothmog because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 5 2019 @ 09:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: jjkenobi

Amen.

No, it is more like I can decide my family will be much better living in one of these politicians homes and it is okay for me to break in to their house and declare my asylum status! I should not be arrested and I should be able to stay or else provided the exact same house and lifestyle by that owner!

posted on Sep, 5 2019 @ 09:26 AM
link   

Does it really seem so unbelievable? As I said before, this administration just got shut down trying to argue against the Flores Agreement. Now Trump is trying to use an EO to override it.

Why would this administration be arguing so hard against something that ensures these children are provided safe and sanitary conditions if everything was perfectly fine in the facilities?

posted on Sep, 5 2019 @ 09:26 AM
link   

At least the rank-and-file of the Left actually seem appalled at what's happening to these children.

Didnt seem to effect Obama.

posted on Sep, 5 2019 @ 09:29 AM
link   

If the conditions are so bad in these facilities, why is Congress refusing to increase the budget to ensure they are humane? Doesn't the Democrat majority ruled House control such?

edit on 9 5 2019 by CynConcepts because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 5 2019 @ 09:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: LSU2018

a reply to: Sookiechacha

The law does not matter. Being right, whether with edicts or a sharpie, is the important thing.

The law doesnt matter?

Not when Trump is the one breaking it.

What about the illegal aliens you're supporting? They're breaking the law. Your hypocrisy, along with Silly's, is literally off the charts.

The law literally says that it doesn't matter how an asylum enters the country, they are within their legally rights to be here to apply for asylum.

To obtain asylum through the affirmative asylum process you must be physically present in the United States. You may apply for asylum status regardless of how you arrived in the United States or your current immigration status.

You must apply for asylum within one year of the date of their last arrival in the United States...

www.uscis.gov...

This is why Trump want's a wall so bad, to make it harder for asylum seeking immigrants to legally enter the country between check points, because he keeps losing the legal fight of making it illegal for asylum seekers to enter between check points.

posted on Sep, 5 2019 @ 09:39 AM
link   

If the conditions are so bad in these facilities, why is Congress refusing to increase the budget to ensure they are humane? Doesn't the Democrat majority ruled House control such?

They didn't. The emergency funding bill passed, with "The Squad" left complaining about supporting child separation.

www.nbcconnecticut.com...

posted on Sep, 5 2019 @ 09:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: shooterbrody
a reply to: Shamrock6

Or immigrate legally.

seems that is hard for some to do......
why we keep making excuses for such I will never understand...

Because the democrats are all out of ideas. Making the other party look bad isn't working anymore. Their next solution for winning is to tug the heart strings but they're doing it with people breaking our laws so it's not working but they're not intelligent enough to come up with something else. This is all just desperation mixed with convenience. If democrats gave a # about illegals then they would have been talking about this for a couple of decades. Just like if they gave a # about black people they wouldn't coddle them during an election year and then put the boot back on their neck afterwards.

posted on Sep, 5 2019 @ 09:41 AM
link   
a reply to: Gothmog

Is the Flores settlement a law ?

It's a contract. It's a legally binding agreement that was overseen by the federal courts. It's law(ful).

edit on 5-9-2019 by Sookiechacha because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 5 2019 @ 09:42 AM
link   

In the summer of 2017, prior to the formal announcement of the zero-tolerance policy, ORR staff and officials observed a steep increase in the number of children who had been separated from a parent or guardian by DHS (“separated children”) and subsequently referred to ORR for care. 1 Officials estimated that ORR received and released thousands of separated children prior to a June 26, 2018, court order

For those who think this was Obama's doing.

oig.hhs.gov...

Those cages were built during Obama's administration. You're either very ignorant or extremely obtuse if you think this was all done under Trump. Neither option would surprise me.

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join