It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

‘I Can’t Feel My Heart:’ Children Separated from Their Parents at US-Mexico Border

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:
+2 more 
posted on Sep, 5 2019 @ 08:42 AM
link   
Ill just leave this here, THESE are the reasons that they are seperated

Department of Homeland Security (DHS) Secretary Kristjen Nielsen recently said that 10,000 of 12,000 unaccompanied children were brought across the border by someone other than their biological parents.

So dry your eyes, whats happening is for the safety of the children and to catch people involved with human trafficking.

posted on Sep, 5 2019 @ 08:42 AM
link   
a reply to: SailorJerry
Those people wouldn't lie now would they?
OMG

+6 more 
posted on Sep, 5 2019 @ 08:43 AM
link   
a reply to: Sillyolme

Very selective outrage you have there.
Does your heart bleed as profusely for children in other countries who go through worse situations than this? Say like Africa, China, Russia, etc?
Where are you on Haiti? Kids are going through hell there too. Why so quiet on those places?
Is it because they have nothing that you can tie to Trump? Is it that you only really care about besmirching Trump rather than be an activist or spokesperson for child welfare?
Because that's what it seems like.
You never miss an opportunity to bash Trump.
Which is fine. That's your right.
But don't try to get all bleeding heart liberal on us when we all know you're just an opportunist.
In my opinion...
You are a shilling hypocrite with zero facts and one of the worst cases of TDS this side of Pelosi.
Enjoy your day.

posted on Sep, 5 2019 @ 08:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: Xcalibur254
a reply to: DBCowboy

Where am I pro-open borders?

You don't want illegal aliens punished for violating national sovereignty.

posted on Sep, 5 2019 @ 08:45 AM
link   
Translate to the kid

‘Your parent(s) are pieces of poop, who broke the law, and purposely put you in this situation.

Or

If your parents are really dumb enough to think they can break the law and get away with it, you better hope IQ isn’t genetics kid or you are Effed

posted on Sep, 5 2019 @ 08:46 AM
link   
a reply to: Sillyolme

Any reports on whether the children Obama kept in cages were traumatized by it?

"these people are coming from violent deadly places. "

which is of course Donald Trump's fault!! How dare he make America so great people are willing to illegally try to bring children here.

"Its no wonder this child thought this was a possibility. He had to have emergency mental health treatment."

Medical treatment provided free of charge by the American taxpayer, the horror! Do the cartels provide medical treatment for the children they traffic who we don't intercept?

Will this be enough to stop this nonsense?

Probably not, do you think this will make criminals stop trafficking children into the US?

Does no one care about children anymore?

Apparently the border patrol and Trump administration are very concerned about them, why aren't you?

posted on Sep, 5 2019 @ 08:47 AM
link   
a reply to: Xcalibur254

Inhumane conditions are what those parents put their children through during that long trek to the US border. The detention facilities are far from inhumane. Google 'immigrant caravan conditions' for yourself and look at those images.

posted on Sep, 5 2019 @ 08:47 AM
link   
a reply to: SocratesJohnson
this?

Tus padres son caca, que violaron la ley y te pusieron a propósito en esta situación

per google translate

posted on Sep, 5 2019 @ 08:48 AM
link   
There are some people out there who are caring, almost too caring. They do everything they can to help anyone around them be they family, friends, even strangers. More often than not these people get taken advantage of because they're too nice, and that only ends up hurting them. The best thing they can do for their own mental health is take a step back, forget about helping others for awhile and just focus on themselves. Get themselves in a better place before they can fully help others some more. It's not a bad thing, it's actually quite healthy.

That's what we must do as a country, take a step back and fix ourselves. Why is that so hard to understand for some people?? Do their hearts bleed so much that no more blood goes to their brains??

originally posted by: pteridine
Citizens first. We have inner city problems that need to be solved and we are wasting money on illegals. No money to illegals while we have homeless, working poor, and drug addicts laying about the streets. No money to illegals while our education system is underfunded and teachers are understaffed.

I completely agree with this. Can we please get to a better place ourselves before we act like we can take in everyone around the world?? Many of you bleeding hearts will keep REEEE'ing your tune until the illegal immigration negatively affects you. Does it really have to get that bad before you stop fighting?? Or is it truly like Sideshow Bob says??

posted on Sep, 5 2019 @ 08:51 AM
link   
a reply to: Gothmog

What is legal and who established the length of time ?

The Flores Settlement. 20 days for minors.

Wasnt that a known Barry thing ?

Nope. It's strictly a Donny thing. The Obama Administration didn't send a White House lawyer into federal court to argue why they shouldn't have to supply children with beds, soap and showers, toothpaste and toothbrushes, clean cloths, sanitary napkins, clean bottles and clean diapers, clean bottles and fresh water.

At least all the pictures came from that era

Some of them did, but now we have plenty of pictures from the Trump era.

Did they have one before Trump ?

Yes.

Is Asylum guaranteed ?

They are guaranteed the right to have their case heard by a judge.

I asked how Trump broke the law.

I told you.
I'm not here to follow orders from you. Do your own research if you want to debunk my claims.

Show me how Mexico signed a treaty with the US, making it a safe country, according to US immigration laws.
Show me how Trump violating the Flores Settlement is not illegal.
Show me how keeping children in conditions that violate the Geneva Convention for POWs is not illegal.
Show me how taking custody of children and not having a process in place for reunited those children with their family members is not illegal.

posted on Sep, 5 2019 @ 08:53 AM
link   
a reply to: CynConcepts

The detention facilities are far from inhumane.

That's not what Trump's own Inspector General's report says.

posted on Sep, 5 2019 @ 08:54 AM
link   
All those parents have to do is not come here illegally. That way they avoid an incredibly long and highly dangerous journey through Mexico, where women and girls have a 30-60 percent chance of being raped according to a number of left-wing sources, including Amnesty International and Huffington Post. Does the OP care as much about the millions of American children separated from mothers serving jail or prison sentences? Does the OP cry for the hundreds of thousands of American kids who are temporarily homeless each year? I do feel sorry for the billions of desperately poor people in Third-World countries, but we are in no way responsible for their problems. And even if we were, we don’t have money to spare to solve their personal problems. We have $22 trillion in public debt, with huge budget deficits each year, and we have millions, probably tens of millions, of our own people who need help. The OP wants us taxpayers to pay for all kinds of free stuff for millions of illegal aliens, who are here to get as much free stuff as they can. They’re not here to help us, but for us to help them. If the OP feels so strongly about these people, he or she is free to give everything he or she owns to help them out. The OP is free to move to a border town to do volunteer work for illegals. But don’t ask the rest of us who are struggling to make ends meet to pay for your favorite charity.
edit on 5-9-2019 by Scapegrace because: Typos

posted on Sep, 5 2019 @ 08:55 AM
link   

You may want to check out the current lawsuit against the Trump administration if you don't think the conditions in these facilities are inhumane. We're talking guards throwing food on the floor so kids can fight over it and girls being forced to bleed through their underwear while on their period and then being denied a shower for days.

posted on Sep, 5 2019 @ 08:57 AM
link   
a reply to: Sookiechacha

So , you cannot source anything.
I get it
Tripe and then deflection to cover it up.

posted on Sep, 5 2019 @ 09:02 AM
link   
a reply to: Gothmog

If you're too ignorant to follow the news, that's not my problem. I'm not here to lead you by the nose.

If you only get your news from lying far right wing nut jobs, that's not my problem either.

posted on Sep, 5 2019 @ 09:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: Xcalibur254

You may want to check out the current lawsuit against the Trump administration if you don't think the conditions in these facilities are inhumane. We're talking guards throwing food on the floor so kids can fight over it and girls being forced to bleed through their underwear while on their period and then being denied a shower for days.

I don’t believe any of this crap, but even if it does happen, I’m so burned out on illegals flooding our country that I don’t give a damn how their precious brats are treated. No one invited them here (except you leftists), and they’re not welcome here (except by you leftists). We have too many problems of our own and we’re deeply in debt.
edit on 5-9-2019 by Scapegrace because: Typo

posted on Sep, 5 2019 @ 09:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sookiechacha

The detention facilities are far from inhumane.

That's not what Trump's own Inspector General's report says.

Then all those who feel that these children are being treated inhumanely should be yelling and screaming at all the politicians in government who are refusing to fund these facilities more because that is not useful for their own selfish agenda! How can they cry, yet continue to make things even worse by doing nothing! They are causing more long term suffering only because Trump is President! It is disgusting the hypocrisy.
edit on 9 5 2019 by CynConcepts because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 5 2019 @ 09:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme
a reply to: Sookiechacha

Its the talking point of that issue.

It was published so that the sycophants know what the response is.

Blame blame blame that's all trump ever does. He never actually comes up with any solution.
Well not one that is ultimately beneficial for most.

Your thread blames Trump and complain about Trump blaming people. All you ever do is blame Trump and then complain that all he ever does is blame people.

Are you aware of your hypocrisy?

posted on Sep, 5 2019 @ 09:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sookiechacha
a reply to: network dude

that isn't the argument here. It's the illegals who cross illegally. THEY are detained, and THEY are the one's breaking the laws.

If they are claiming asylum, then they are not breaking the law by entering between check points.

if they enter through someplace other than entry points, they are breaking the law. If they come legally, through the entry points, they are doing it just right. But they can't just come in all willy nilly, they have to wait their turn and follow the rules.

Are you claiming that people are entering through legal check points, and once on US soil, are arrested because they claimed asylum?

posted on Sep, 5 2019 @ 09:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme
a reply to: Xcalibur254

Because then they couldn't inflict the most amount of pain and suffering on the brown people moving in and diluting America's whiteness.
Thats the important thing remember. Make America White Again.

You democrats haven't changed a bit... Still judging people by the color of their skin I see.

new topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join