It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

‘I Can’t Feel My Heart:’ Children Separated from Their Parents at US-Mexico Border

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:
+6 more 
posted on Sep, 5 2019 @ 08:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: Xcalibur254
a reply to: DBCowboy

Is the child treated like a POW in those cases?

Your working under the assumption that the US is treating illegal aliens like the Nazi's treated Jews.

I might suggest canceling your subscription to "Democrat Hyperbole Weekly".

posted on Sep, 5 2019 @ 08:11 AM
link   
People seeking asylum sometimes go through many countries before arriving at Uncle Sugar's door. If they are so desperate for asylum, why wouldn't they stop at another country on the way? Over 50 countries were represented in people stopped at our southern border last year. Now, a group from Africa who are stuck at the Mexican southern border with the offer of seeking asylum in Mexico are demanding passage to the sieve we call a border. They paid smugglers so much money and travelled through so many countries, ignoring asylum in them, to get to the 'free everything' country. Next they'll want to rent children like the Salvadorans do so that they can cross the border.
observers.france24.com...

Citizens first. We have inner city problems that need to be solved and we are wasting money on illegals. No money to illegals while we have homeless, working poor, and drug addicts laying about the streets. No money to illegals while our education system is underfunded and teachers are understaffed.

posted on Sep, 5 2019 @ 08:12 AM
link   

a reply to: network dude

Going to a border crossing and applying for asylum is not illegal. It is the procedure that is set in place. Why do all you stormtrooping, jackbooted, thugs not get this?

that isn't the argument here. It's the illegals who cross illegally. THEY are detained, and THEY are the one's breaking the laws.

If you come to the border crossing, and ask for asylum, and you are told what the process entails, do you have the choice to turn back, or are you immediately cuffed and stuffed? And by that same token, before you get to the border crossing, have you not asked anyone how this works?

I only ask, as this movement is a typical SJW event. A bunch of assholes crying for people who willingly put themselves in this position.

Do we treat immigrants from Sweden the same?

link   

a reply to: Shamrock6

So these people that are simply looking for a better life for their children should either leave their children behind in the "#hole" country they're fleeing or send the child off on their own?

No, they should do things the legal way. It's mind-boggling how ignorant people pretend to be over the laws of this country.

link   
a reply to: pteridine

Citizens first. We have inner city problems that need to be solved and we are wasting money on illegals. No money to illegals while we have homeless, working poor, and drug addicts laying about the streets. No money to illegals while our education system is underfunded and teachers are understaffed.

Huzzah!

posted on Sep, 5 2019 @ 08:15 AM
link   

a reply to: PurpleFox

Yes. But it is not a decision to be made by those manning the borders. It is up to a judge to decide. So why are people being imprisoned before they are found guilty of a crime?

I am under the impression that they are free to leave and go back anytime. This isn't Nazi Germany dude, no one is FORCING them to stay. Besides their "parents", of course...

posted on Sep, 5 2019 @ 08:16 AM
link   

Since when does POW equal Holocaust victim? It is a fact that these children are in extremely overpopulated attention facilities with no access to even basic toiletries and in some cases aren't even allowed to go outside. Not even supermax prisons are that bad.

posted on Sep, 5 2019 @ 08:16 AM
link   
a reply to: Xcalibur254

I wonder why they are over so populated, may be because of the caravans that the left supported and funded....

posted on Sep, 5 2019 @ 08:17 AM
link   
This tired old argument is just a desire for open borders, an elimination of the United States.

posted on Sep, 5 2019 @ 08:19 AM
link   

Since when does POW equal Holocaust victim? It is a fact that these children are in extremely overpopulated attention facilities with no access to even basic toiletries and in some cases aren't even allowed to go outside. Not even supermax prisons are that bad.

Easy solution.

Don't break the law and the kids won't be in the conditions you fantasize about.

Your solution of open borders smacks of anti-American sentiment and a complete disregard for the rule of law. I guess you're comfortable with that.

posted on Sep, 5 2019 @ 08:22 AM
link   

Where am I pro-open borders? I'm anti-treating kids worse than serial killers for the crime of seeking a better life.

posted on Sep, 5 2019 @ 08:26 AM
link   

Where am I pro-open borders? I'm anti-treating kids worse than serial killers for the crime of seeking a better life.

You are pro open borders when you disregard the rule of law for feelingz. Quit acting like we have Nazi Task Force at our borders and allow those men and woman to do the jobs they were trained to do. Join us all in reality.

posted on Sep, 5 2019 @ 08:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme
a reply to: Sookiechacha
I know.
Its heartbreaking that no one cares about the children.
Only about defending the child abuser in chief.

Here we go again.

Rah rah rah wait for the cheerleaders to start chiming in.

You promise these people everything and coax them here. Not that you'll ever see it, but you're the one who doesn't care about the kids when it comes down to it. Stop with the heartbreak bull#, it's not fooling anybody anymore.

posted on Sep, 5 2019 @ 08:27 AM
link   
a reply to: Sillyolme

No. Not really...there are too many tragedies weekly...we move on sadly. We replace these with new ones.

Big lesson when we're grown...they happen all the time...and we forget and move on

posted on Sep, 5 2019 @ 08:33 AM
link   
a reply to: Sillyolme

Hey, happens every day to american parents that breaks the law. Illegal is illegal. How do you not understand this? Has the media really got you fooled?
edit on 5-9-2019 by cognizant420 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 5 2019 @ 08:33 AM
link   
a reply to: Sookiechacha

~Detaining migrant children longer than legal.

What is legal and who established the length of time ?
Trump ?
I think not.

~Keeping them in unsafe and unsanitary conditions, as required by law.

Wasnt that a known Barry thing ?
At least all the pictures came from that era

~Not having a process in place to reunification of the children with families, losing 1000s of children in the system, some of whom will never be reunited with their parents.

Did they have one before Trump ?

~Sending asylum seekers back to Mexico, whom we do not have a "safe country" treaty with, to await their case.

Is Asylum guaranteed ?
Anywhere ?

I asked how Trump broke the law.
Including sources.
Not how bad the laws on record were .

Epic Fail

posted on Sep, 5 2019 @ 08:34 AM
link   

Where am I saying to disregard the rule of law? My issues seem from the facts that children are being subjected to inhumane (read: unconstitutional) conditions and that people are being detained even though they're following the law.

Why is that so hard to understand? Brutality and cruelty aren't the solutions to any immigration issue you think we may have.

posted on Sep, 5 2019 @ 08:34 AM
link   
a reply to: network dude

that isn't the argument here. It's the illegals who cross illegally. THEY are detained, and THEY are the one's breaking the laws.

If they are claiming asylum, then they are not breaking the law by entering between check points.

posted on Sep, 5 2019 @ 08:38 AM
link   
Wheres the vomit button when ya need it. What a bunch of faux outrage. And then to be racist towards normal white peeps on top of it?

Bet you werent outraged whe elian gonzalez was deported. I dont see you making threads about the 100k kids in camps in Syria being turned into mini jihadis.

Just be honest and say you hate white people.

posted on Sep, 5 2019 @ 08:39 AM
link   

Where am I saying to disregard the rule of law? My issues seem from the facts that children are being subjected to inhumane (read: unconstitutional) conditions and that people are being detained even though they're following the law.

Why is that so hard to understand? Brutality and cruelty aren't the solutions to any immigration issue you think we may have.

Didn't Trump ask for money to improve conditions in these detainment facilities and was refused by the Dems?

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join