It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

‘I Can’t Feel My Heart:’ Children Separated from Their Parents at US-Mexico Border

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 5 2019 @ 07:54 AM
link   
a reply to: Shamrock6

There are people that are legally applying for asylum that still being separated from their children and placed in captivity.

Explain why that's happening to people that are doing things the right way.

posted on Sep, 5 2019 @ 07:55 AM
link   
a reply to: DAVID64

The Obama Administration didn't rip those children from their parents. Those children were from the mass influx of unaccompanied minors that his administration had to deal with.

And, if you're memory is intact, you'll remember that the Obama Administration got slapped down in court for violating the Flores Agreement, which the Trump administration continues to violate and proposes to abandon completely.

The Obama Administration had a policy of "catch and release", which Trump criticized during his campaign, and repealed early on in his term by dramatically and publicly announced his "no tolerance" policy, which began his family separation rule.

posted on Sep, 5 2019 @ 07:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: Xcalibur254
a reply to: eXia7

If things are so bad for these people, why aren't they rising up and making change in their own country instead of hopping on trains to run to America where they heard they can get all the freebies they want. You can sit here with your bleeding heart crying about children from another country, yet at the same time you probably don't even acknowledge the starving and dying children already here.

Because the US has a vested interest in keeping these countries destabilized. Anytime it looks like progress might be made, suddenly a US backed regime change/civil war occurs. A large reason that these countries are in the state that they are is due to US meddling.

And you want to tell me that we as a country have no responsibility to help the people from these countries that we have destroyed?

I'm not responsible for what my government chooses to do to other people, I don't even approve of our government, nor do I care to support it. What makes you think I should care about "US meddling" when the issue is so much more than the "ohhh but its murkaz fault"

If you hate america so much, go to those countries and help them fight the US occupation.

edit on 9/5/2019 by eXia7 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 5 2019 @ 07:56 AM
link   

Seeking asylum is a legal method of immigration. Why do you guys keep ignoring that fact?

crossing the border illegally is a crime. It's illegal. Why do all these retards not get this? why do you not get this?

+2 more 
posted on Sep, 5 2019 @ 07:58 AM
link   
When a person robs a bank, that person is cruelly separated from children also.

It's madness.

posted on Sep, 5 2019 @ 07:58 AM
link   

a reply to: network dude

At least you finally admit it.

and you look like a complete fool because you have no answer. Derp.

posted on Sep, 5 2019 @ 07:59 AM
link   
a reply to: shooterbrody

So the life of an American child is worth more than the life of a foreign child?

posted on Sep, 5 2019 @ 08:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: Lumenari
a reply to: Sillyolme

And if Democrats wrote a law that fixed the asylum loophole and put up a fancy wall on our southern border, we would have to separate exactly ZERO children from thier parents.

Face it, your party made the problem.

Why won't they fix it?

What about the children indeed.

How many times have you seen kids fix their own problems? It's always up to the adults to do it. Hence, this is nothing more than a parent arguing with their child about cleaning their room for so long that they get tired of repeating it and start cleaning it themselves.

link   
a reply to: Sookiechacha

I said that and the source is me.

This argument is futile and we aren't going to change minds. Still, I wish you the best.

link   

originally posted by: Shamrock6
a reply to: Sookiechacha

Doing it within the law is, yes.

Swimming across a river or climbing a fence isn’t.

According to asylum law, it is.

posted on Sep, 5 2019 @ 08:02 AM
link   

Going to a border crossing and applying for asylum is not illegal. It is the procedure that is set in place. Why do all you stormtrooping, jackbooted, thugs not get this?

posted on Sep, 5 2019 @ 08:02 AM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

Is the child treated like a POW in those cases?

posted on Sep, 5 2019 @ 08:03 AM
link   
a reply to: Xcalibur254

And not all asylum cases are valid. Read up chump:

www.law.cornell.edu...

posted on Sep, 5 2019 @ 08:04 AM
link   

What do I need to answer? Under previous policy children weren't imprisoned for seeking a better life. So what did those on the Left need to do?

posted on Sep, 5 2019 @ 08:05 AM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

Right ?

Those crackheads who take their kids to drug deals are having their families ripped apart.

THE HORROR.

posted on Sep, 5 2019 @ 08:06 AM
link   
a reply to: PurpleFox

Yes. But it is not a decision to be made by those manning the borders. It is up to a judge to decide. So why are people being imprisoned before they are found guilty of a crime?

posted on Sep, 5 2019 @ 08:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: network dude

Seeking asylum is a legal method of immigration. Why do you guys keep ignoring that fact?

crossing the border illegally is a crime. It's illegal. Why do all these retards not get this? why do you not get this?

Unless they are seeking asylum. This has been immigration law since the end of WWII, and was incorporated into US law by an act of Congress.

posted on Sep, 5 2019 @ 08:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sookiechacha
a reply to: Lumenari

And if Democrats wrote a law that fixed the asylum loophole

What loophole would that be?

The one where can claim asylum and stay here. That's the kind of crap that brings these people hundreds or thousands of miles away from their home. The die on the way here, they get raped on the way here, they get beat on the way here, and you people blame anything but yourselves for the attraction they have to this country. If there's no asylum to claim then there's no attraction to drop everything and come here. If they want in, they can get in the right way and will be welcomed.

posted on Sep, 5 2019 @ 08:09 AM
link   
a reply to: Xcalibur254

Too many pussies saying no back then. Typical RINOs that changed once they were elected.

posted on Sep, 5 2019 @ 08:10 AM
link   

a reply to: shooterbrody

So the life of an American child is worth more than the life of a foreign child?

Oh absolutely
citizen>non citizen
America first!

new topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join