It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

‘I Can’t Feel My Heart:’ Children Separated from Their Parents at US-Mexico Border

page: 19
<< 16  17  18   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 7 2019 @ 10:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme
I can't feel my heart. A child with limited ability to express the grief of being separated from their parents says, I can't feel my heart.
Others say my chest hurts, or I cant breathe or every heartbeat hurts. I cant read this without getting tears in my eyes.
The newest IG report, you know, the guys you are all counting on to put Obama and Hillary away , on the mental health of the children who have been seperated from their parents at the border shows they are suffering post traumatic stress disorder.

Separated from his father at the U.S.-Mexico border last year, the little boy, about 7 or 8, was under the delusion that his dad had been killed. And he thought he was next.

These people are coming from violent deadly places. Its no wonder this child thought this was a possibility. He had to have emergency mental health treatment.

Children separated during the Trump administration’s “zero tolerance policy” last year, many already distressed in their home countries or by their journey, showed more fear, feelings of abandonment and post-traumatic stress symptoms than children who were not separated, according to a report Wednesday from the inspector general’s office in the Department of Health and Human Service

Will this be enough to stop this nonsense?

Does no one care about children anymore?

You mean like their parents who dragged these kids 2000 miles to try to illegally invade the US? I agree, these "parents" SHOULD loose their kids. Child endangerment.

posted on Sep, 7 2019 @ 10:48 AM
link   
At this very moment there are 765,000 children separated from at least one of their parents and don't know if they will ever see them again.

They are the children of active duty soldiers in the US military. They are scared too.

posted on Sep, 7 2019 @ 12:16 PM
link   
a reply to: Sillyolme

Please answer this for me...

When parents in the United States go to jail are they seperated from their children?

It is very sad that those children's parents put them through that, very sad.

posted on Sep, 7 2019 @ 12:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xcalibur254
a reply to: Shamrock6

So these people that are simply looking for a better life for their children should either leave their children behind in the "#hole" country they're fleeing or send the child off on their own?

Why stop there? Why are we discriminating against those in Africa? Why do you want to let in those that can drive or walk here but not give the opportunity to those in other countries such as ones in Africa? We should give everyone in the world a bus, plane or boat ticket to get here and take part in this American dream right?

Do you people even TRY to think of the implications of what you want to do?

posted on Sep, 7 2019 @ 12:44 PM
link   
a reply to: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

You I say I have a bleeding heart well my retort would be you don't have a heart.

Typical holier than thou nonsense. You only pretend to be concerned about
these kids to achieve a fanatical liberal goal. it's so easy to see right thru
people like you. Because you show zero compassion for kids of our own country.

Children who face just as much or even more heart break when the father
is murdered on duty at the border. Or the hundreds of kids who lose fathers
or mothers serving in our military. Or police officers the list goes on not
even to mention terrorism in our own country that your bleeding heart
invites.

You and your bleeding heart.

edit on 7-9-2019 by carsforkids because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 7 2019 @ 03:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme
a reply to: GreenGunther

Seeking asylum is not breaking the law.
This is just #headedness. Sneaky phuckery. To keep his base engaged.
You know since he couldnt get mexico to pay for the wall and all. And that was his promise.
He failed in that so he needs to be a major schitehead and cruelty provider to show how tough he really is.
To get some idiots to vote him in again.

Wrong again. You seem to be wrong in most of your posts really.
Seeking asylum alone is not breaking the law. The LAW states that asylum seekers must present themselves to the nearest bordering country and claim. They don't get to just start a caravan to the U.S. to claim. Once they do, it's indeed against the law.
Why is it you bleeding heart tools only care about such things when it affects some political beliefs you have? If any of you useful idiots truly cared about children from other countries why haven't you made any threads here regarding the entry laws of other countries?
Here...you and all your brain dead brethren start a caravan to Mexico, sneak in, and see how they treat you. They would separate you in an instant and put you in prison for a decade while your kid was sold into slavery. This would happen in any of those # bag South American countries that are sending people here.

I for one am sick and tired of people like you deciding what is altruistically right for the rest of us. I don't care about anyone else but myself and my own...and frankly neither does anyone else when all the chips are on the table. You don't either. I know this because all of you that are word vomiting this crap haven't given ANY of your own money to help these people nor opened up your home to refugees. Instead, you all stand on some pedestal trying to give MY money away via taxes for these useless people that come here to exploit our country, not assimilate.
They don't speak the language, they have ZERO skills besides picking apples. No place to go, no money, no car, no nothing! Why in the world would any of you want that!? It will only lead to them getting handouts, turning to crime, or drug abuse.
I could go on about all the bad it does. Then you and your ilk will respond with, "but the kids...Orange man bad!".
People like the OP disgust me because they're completely disingenuous as they never practice what they're preaching to me. Want our backing? Go adopt one of the kids. Donate your house to refugees. Go to their crap hole country and donate your time to help. But you never will because you're far too busy telling the rest of us what we should care about.
edit on 7-9-2019 by MrBuddy because: rw

posted on Sep, 7 2019 @ 04:19 PM
link   
a reply to: MrBuddy

They don't get to just start a caravan to the U.S. to claim. Once they do, it's indeed against the law.

Which law would that be?

Here...you and all your brain dead brethren start a caravan to Mexico, sneak in, and see how they treat you.

I imagine they would treat us much the same as they treat the El Salvadorians, the Guatemalans, the Hondurans and all the other foreigners that those caravans are composed of.

They would separate you in an instant and put you in prison for a decade while your kid was sold into slavery.

IF you believe that, than you surely don't support sending asylum seekers back to Mexico, or believe that Mexico is a safe country for those fleeing violence.

posted on Sep, 9 2019 @ 11:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sookiechacha
"A federal judge on Monday blocked an experimental Trump administration policy that requires asylum seekers to wait in Mexico while their cases make their way through the U.S. immigration court system, a major blow to President Trump’s efforts to stem the surge of crossings at the southern border.

U.S. District Judge Richard ­Seeborg in San Francisco enjoined the Migrant Protection Protocols (MPP) policy days after outgoing Homeland Security Secretary Kirstjen Nielsen pledged to expand the program."

Right... sorry, but a highly questionable decision from a radical left-wing-nut 9th district activist 'judge' doesn't make it illegal.

And hopefully Bill Barr's recent Op-Ed on why these ridiculous injunctions imposed by a single activist judge should never be allowed will result in an end to them.

<< 16  17  18   >>

join