It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

‘I Can’t Feel My Heart:’ Children Separated from Their Parents at US-Mexico Border

page: 18
<< 15  16  17    19 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 6 2019 @ 12:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: wheresthebody
Shame on so many of you,

I'm an athiest but I am far more christ-like than the monsters defending these clearly inhumane actions,

Seriously, christians, wtf is wrong with you lot!?

Is it inhumane what happens to an American citizen when he or she breaks the law?

posted on Sep, 6 2019 @ 01:05 PM
link   
They come from places that are dangerous and poor which adds to mental instability.

They Make long dangerous journey that puts extreme stress on the body and mind adding to mental instability.

And a good percentage of the children are not even with blood relatives.
So making this trek with a stranger is very mentally taxing .

I know people in first world countries cannot fathom such actions, but people in central America with more children then they could ever possibly handle are willing to hand over their child for money.

Because showing up with a child at the border is a bonus.

I work with many central Americans, before 911 border were tight but very open.

The messge in central America was it was a dangerous trip but possible.

Then after 911 the border was extremely tight, the message in central America was , dont even try to make the trip.

Then under Obama , the message was . Its open borders time, now is the time for everyone to go.
No Id required, no background checks.
Obama's unaccompanied minor program was a leading cause In the rise of ms13.

Show up to the border under Obama's unaccompanied minor program and you will.have the opportunity to be flown to a relative of your choice for free.

Show up and claim you are a minor, no Id needed, doesnt matter if you have a criminal background. You will get in.

Then trump came in and the messge in central America was dont even try it.

That was until liberal groups went to many different central American countries and organized caravans with the message that trump was not in charge.

He would be Impeached and here is a 50 dollar bill if you agree to be part of the caravan.

These liberal Democrats used these refugees as puppets to go after trump. They made false promises and every single child with a broken heartbeat is mostly because of bleeding heart liberals who are guided solely by compassion.

You send the message its impossible to get in. They wont move an inch.

posted on Sep, 6 2019 @ 01:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xcalibur254
Why didn't the Republicans fix it when they were in complete control of every branch of government?

Because there are a ton of Republican swamp creatures too... enough in combination with the dems to block sensible reforms.

posted on Sep, 6 2019 @ 01:12 PM
link   
a reply to: Bloodworth

All very sad and all very true.

And just imagine what this situation will look like when Trump loses in 2020 to Biden or Pocahontas. A veritable free-for-all mele at the border as they swarm across.

posted on Sep, 6 2019 @ 01:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sookiechacha
And, when the Trump administration breaks the law, like sending asylum seekers that apply at border check points back to Mexico to await their judication?

Except that it isn't illegal.

Or, like failing to meet basic legal standards of safe and sanitary care for children?

More fake news meant to inflame hatred of all things orange.

posted on Sep, 6 2019 @ 01:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme
Seeking asylum is not breaking the law.

Crossing the border anyehwere except a lawful port of entry is illegal.

Only people who did this, and are likely to not qualify for asylum, are forced to wait in Mexico.

posted on Sep, 6 2019 @ 01:25 PM
link   

Absolutely right. Democrats created this mess in order to use it against Trump.

posted on Sep, 6 2019 @ 02:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xcalibur254
a reply to: network dude

And you may want to check in to how this administration argued in court that they were not required to provide basic hygiene products to these children or ensure they were in conditions that allowed for adequate sleep.

You may also want to check how this administration is currently trying to get rid of the Flores Settlement. The very decision that requires the government to provide safe and sanitary conditions to these kids.

Guess what? Everyone in government is responsible for these inhumane conditions. Including your Dear Leader. At least the rank-and-file of the Left actually seem appalled at what's happening to these children.

I wonder if your tune will change if a wrongfully detained US citizen dies in one of these facilities.

Are you concerned about the conditions the illegal parents forced their brats to endure while trekking through Mexico? I wonder how many of these kids you moan about were raped in Mexico? You do realize the Left’s opposition to every single thing Trump has tried to stop illegal immigration has led to tens of thousands of rapes, right? Amnesty International estimates 60 percent of women and girls are raped during their Mexico trek-of-horrors. But you, who probably call yourself a feminist, can’t see or admit the ugly truth. Trump is doing more to prevent these rapes than all you bleeding hearts combined. Can you admit that to yourself? I doubt it. Just keep hating Trump and crying over the “inhumane” conditions at our “concentration camps.”

posted on Sep, 6 2019 @ 03:21 PM
link   
a reply to: LSU2018

often, yes.

posted on Sep, 6 2019 @ 05:00 PM
link   
a reply to: tanstaafl

Except that it isn't illegal.

A federal judge on Monday blocked an experimental Trump administration policy that requires asylum seekers to wait in Mexico while their cases make their way through the U.S. immigration court system, a major blow to President Trump’s efforts to stem the surge of crossings at the southern border.

U.S. District Judge Richard ­Seeborg in San Francisco enjoined the Migrant Protection Protocols (MPP) policy days after outgoing Homeland Security Secretary Kirstjen Nielsen pledged to expand the program.

snip

In his 27-page ruling, Seeborg said the legal question before him was not “whether the MPP is a wise, intelligent, or humane policy, or whether it is the best approach for addressing the circumstances the executive branch contends constitute a crisis.” Rather, he wrote, the program probably violates the Immigration and Nationality Act, the Administrative Procedures Act and other legal protections to ensure that immigrants “are not returned to unduly dangerous circumstances.”

www.washingtonpost.com... -court-hearings/2019/04/08/68e96048-5a42-11e9-a00e-050dc7b82693_story.html

posted on Sep, 6 2019 @ 05:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: TonyS

All very sad and all very true.

And just imagine what this situation will look like when Trump loses in 2020 to Biden or Pocahontas. A veritable free-for-all mele at the border as they swarm across.

They don't know how to say no, they will literally sink the life raft trying to bring everyone on board metaphorically.
It takes a tough leader to make hard decisions at times for the good of the country and its people.

posted on Sep, 6 2019 @ 06:23 PM
link   
a reply to: Sillyolme

Media sensationalism to do exactly what it did to you. To pull on those heart strings so you will support their Liberal agenda of getting Trump out of office, so they can have their power back. It's probably even made up. Anytime anyone gets arrested in the US for any reason, they are separated from their family. That's the people who are legitimate citizens, so it's really nothing new. You got suckered by the Lying Liberal media....again.
edit on 6-9-2019 by IlluminatiTechnician because: he felt like it.

posted on Sep, 6 2019 @ 06:34 PM
link   

Welcome to the new world, where you are judged by your financial situation, God forbid your a poor person from the another country seeks a better life, oh no can't have that those #ty people they need to stay in their #hole countries and eat #.

It's almost comedic that the right wingers here are more concerned with social credit scores and it's impact on buying weapons than they are about these poor kids and their families and citing laws as a justification.

Makes me sick.

posted on Sep, 6 2019 @ 07:25 PM
link   
a reply to: Xcalibur254

Because you need 60 votes in the Senate. CIVICS 101

posted on Sep, 6 2019 @ 08:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

Welcome to the new world, where you are judged by your financial situation, God forbid your a poor person from the another country seeks a better life, oh no can't have that those #ty people they need to stay in their #hole countries and eat #.

It's almost comedic that the right wingers here are more concerned with social credit scores and it's impact on buying weapons than they are about these poor kids and their families and citing laws as a justification.

Makes me sick.

Source for 80% rape claim
They can come in the legal way, like everyone else did. If they file for Asylum, they will be protected until an investigation is done, and then given entry into the country along with their kids. They will also be given financial assistance. You can't just let people walk across your border. No one knows who is coming in with the truly needy. 80 plus percent of women and young girls get raped by men coming across the border. Their mothers have to give the young girls Birth Control because they KNOW that they will be raped, trying to cross the border. Many are forced to "act" like a family, so these bad men can enter. They hate America.

Do you know what this means? There are some pretty bad characters coming into our country unchecked, and more women are going to get raped and maybe even worse. So, the "pulling the heart strings" thing won't cut it, because those very same men, are putting our people and their children at risk. Where is your bleeding hearts for them? There's a way to get into this country, and it's the right way.
edit on 6-9-2019 by IlluminatiTechnician because: he felt like it.

posted on Sep, 6 2019 @ 09:05 PM
link   
a reply to: IlluminatiTechnician

It certainly is a complicated situation, however there is no justification for making these kids suffer.

You I say I have a bleeding heart well my retort would be you don't have a heart.
edit on 6-9-2019 by hopenotfeariswhatweneed because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 6 2019 @ 09:05 PM
link   

edit on 6-9-2019 by hopenotfeariswhatweneed because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 7 2019 @ 12:31 AM
link   

I have a heart for my own kids and no one else's. Their kids are their responsibility. I don't want those dangerous men around MY kids.

posted on Sep, 7 2019 @ 12:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: IlluminatiTechnician

I have a heart for my own kids and no one else's. Their kids are their responsibility. I don't want those dangerous men around MY kids.

So anyone trying to get into the country to seek asylum, is in your mind dangerous. I think that's what's known as irrational fear.
edit on 7-9-2019 by hopenotfeariswhatweneed because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 7 2019 @ 10:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: IlluminatiTechnician

So anyone trying to get into the country to seek asylum, is in your mind dangerous. I think that's what's known as irrational fear.

[**PLEASE ACTUALLY READ MY POST THIS TIME, as your summation of my post clearly suggests that you didn't read but what you wanted to read. Don't cherry pick what I say, I wrote it all because it all goes together**]

I think, just like any Liberal..you're twisting my words to support your own misdirected narrative. I said, that the 'bad guys'are coming in with the truly needy. I never said that "anyone" trying to come into the country is dangerous. Let em break this down so even a 5 year old can understand, because I thought I made it quite clear in my post if you even read it, without being so defensive.

If a crowd of people walk across he border, some women, some children and some evil men that kill and rape....you stop them at the border and you check them ALL out.

Our country let's the innocent men, women and children in (provided they're truly in danger, and that they want to start trouble with us) and you either arrest the men (if ISIS or criminal) and send them back to their own country.

They are using and forcing the women and children to act like they're family, so that that can get into America to hurt or kill American's and those women and children would be safer, coming in the legal way anyway, as I proved with the 80% rape statistic from Huffington Post....and that's your own Liberal media's statistics...not Conservative.

You seem to care only about those coming across the border and are ignoring the Women and Children already in this country, it doesn't work that way. Children are Children no matter where they are, and the ones coming across the border are already in great danger. Why do not care that they're getting raped and killed coming across the border. You seem to prioritize the Illegal illusion of freedom over the health and welfare of those who are coming across illegally, and you're hiding behind curtains of empathy to make your case.

Rarely do emotional efforts bring forth smart decisions, in fact it's been proven that those who make decisions based on emotion and empathy fail miserably, because the decisions are not based on intelligence, rather they're based on the heated passions of those who mean well, but do not consider the entire picture and how it affects ALL PEOPLE. People like you, myopically focus on what the media has programmed them to focus on. I know this, because you're simply parroting what the Liberal media is saying, and not offering any intelligent answers tot he questions that I'm asking you...you simply ignore and accuse. That it the Liberal way though isn't it?

One had better have a great fear (I suppose it's irrational to not want American's killed again) of 911, or will happen again. It only took a handful of men on 911 to kill thousands and to start a war that killed hundreds of thousands more.

Besides, you don't even know if the women in that crowd are innocent, they could be just as bad as some of the men. They strap bombs on all the time in the Mid-East (they even do this to their own children and blow up their own people, all in the name of a religion called Islam, who demands the death of anyone who believe's differently than them. They do not differentiate between Men, Women or Children...they kill them all and there is more than enough video footage and documentation online to support this...not to mention...they outright admit it.

What do you think they would do to our children, if they already do this to their own?
Do you not care about our own people in the West?
Do you not care about the safety of Women and Children in the U.S.?
Why do you have such an 'absence' of fear, when many crossing the border have already hurt and killed many in OUR country, and to stop it from happening again, would simply require checks at the border the legal way?
Why do you only care about the women and children coming across the border illegally, a choice made by them, to circumvent law, but you don't care about the women and children in the U.S. in the least?

*You ask a lot of questions to me that I answer, but you don't seem to be answering mine. That is called "Selective Bias" or "cherry picking".

I also noticed you don't care about innocent men in the least coming in with them and guess what....that's sexist (just wanted to point our your selective hypocrisy again), but I digress;

The truth is, you have no clue who is coming across the border anymore than anyone else and all you have is the Liberal Media telling you who is....and they consistently get caught in lies and staging events on camera for sensationalism and pulling at weak people's heart strings, much like your own. So, your media cannot be trusted, and most people know this already.

If one doesn't have a healthy fear 911 (or something worse) happening again, by letting the bad in with the good, when Islamic's claim that it's EXACTLY what they will do....then one is just simply irrational....period.

In summation:

I am not saying that no one can come into the country. I AM saying that they have to do it right. so that all can be checked out to make sure they're not dangerous to our people. This does not hurt innocent women or children...to make sure that they're no danger to us, and that they themselves, are not in danger. In fact, it's better for them, because they wont get raped and will receive medical care.

Let all come in.....LEGALLY....then check them, and send back the harmful ones. Can you comprehend now, what I have repeated over and over in the last few posts that you somehow translated into everything I didn't say? I even broke it up into digestible pieces. for you. Also, answer some of my questions like I am answering yours. That's the way conversation and debate works.
edit on 7-9-2019 by IlluminatiTechnician because: (no reason given)

edit on 7-9-2019 by IlluminatiTechnician because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 15  16  17    19 >>

join