It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

‘I Can’t Feel My Heart:’ Children Separated from Their Parents at US-Mexico Border

page: 14
<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 5 2019 @ 01:09 PM
link   
a reply to: LSU2018

The only "safe third country" the US actually acknowledges is Canada. So that doesn't come in to play.

I've mentioned the one year time limit a number of times.

I have no problem if previously denied asylum seekers are automatically denied asylum unless...

There are new circumstances. Which it states specifically in the law.

And then we get to the best part. The most restrictive parts of this law don't apply to children.

So why are they being detained in conditions worse than the most hardened criminals?

posted on Sep, 5 2019 @ 01:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xcalibur254
a reply to: shooterbrody

Surprisingly neither the Constitution nor the USC defines "invasion." Most definitions however suggest that an invasion involves a military force or state of war. Neither of which exist at the Southern Border.

And an incursion by a large number of people or things into a place or sphere of activity.

And an unwelcome intrusion into another's domain.

That doesn't really fit your agenda though, does it.

posted on Sep, 5 2019 @ 01:10 PM
link   
a reply to: shooterbrody

Sorry. I was wrong. They stated they were subAmerican. I forgot the hierarchy goes:

American
Human

posted on Sep, 5 2019 @ 01:12 PM
link   
a reply to: Xcalibur254
thanks
the honesty is appreciated even if we disagree

posted on Sep, 5 2019 @ 01:12 PM
link   

You've shown time and time again that you have no regard for the law.

posted on Sep, 5 2019 @ 01:14 PM
link   
a reply to: whyamIhere

They may have a pool and maid because they're paying to live there. They definitely don't have food stamps though because that requires a social security number.

Feel free to buy in to the propaganda though.

posted on Sep, 5 2019 @ 01:16 PM
link   

a reply to: Flatcoat

The circumstances of their application for asylum does not matter. As long as they submit it within a year of being on US soil, they're here legally. At least until a judgment is made on their petition.

How do they prove when they got here if it's not documented? How do you prove that their lives are threatened back home?

posted on Sep, 5 2019 @ 01:18 PM
link   

What laws have I suggested be broken? I have stated our government needs to adhere to the Flores Settlement. I have provided the laws regarding Asylum claims. I've even provided the Posse Comitatus Act.

Everything I have stated falls within the laws of our country.

posted on Sep, 5 2019 @ 01:19 PM
link   

Way to go. You found a loophole. You should probably encourage our lawmakers to close it.

posted on Sep, 5 2019 @ 01:23 PM
link   

a reply to: network dude

Because, as we've seen in this thread, there are plenty of people that believe these children are subhuman. Plus there's the fact that this administration has made it abundantly clear they don't want to adhere to the Flores Settlement.

Nobody said those kids are subhuman but you. People said American kids should come first and that's a fact.

posted on Sep, 5 2019 @ 01:25 PM
link   

It's clear there's a hierarchy of children based on comments. So please provide me with said hierarchy. What children are worth more than others?

posted on Sep, 5 2019 @ 01:29 PM
link   

How do they prove it if their arrival isn't documented?

posted on Sep, 5 2019 @ 01:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sookiechacha

You've shown time and time again that you have no regard for the law.

You're right. I think immigrants should come here legally. I'm such a rebel.

posted on Sep, 5 2019 @ 01:32 PM
link   

As I said, it's a loophole. Encourage your congressmen to close it.

Or do you not support the existent law?

posted on Sep, 5 2019 @ 01:32 PM
link   

The laws that you have to enter the US legally.

posted on Sep, 5 2019 @ 01:34 PM
link   

If it was a choice to feed my child or someone who came into the country illegally it would be my child. It would also be my neighbors child. Call me what you want it is how I feel.

I feel empathy for those who are here fleeing their country but it is like saying a US citizen who hates Baltimore should cross state lines to escape violence and all their care is paid for. I feel the woman who is escaping the violence of her husband should have access to help before an illegal entry to this country. Why is an illegal worth more than a taxpayer in your eyes?
edit on Seppm30pmf0000002019-09-05T13:41:04-05:000104 by matafuchs because: (no reason given)

link   

Way to go. You found a loophole. You should probably encourage our lawmakers to close it.

It's not a loophole. You enter the country legally, it's documented. You don't enter legally, it can't be documented unless you write it in the dirt with a stick or on a napkin. I doubt that would fly.

link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme
a reply to: Sookiechacha

The law does not matter. Being right, whether with edicts or a sharpie, is the important thing.

Were a nation of laws or were not. Millions of illegals have enter this country illegally. Over 30 years now our government has kicked this can down the road. We finally have a President trying to fix it. What do Democrats do, they refuse to fund the wall, the refuse to close loop holes costing American tax payers millions of dollars each year, that money could go to helping American Citizens.

We feel for those children but were not the ones who put them in that situation. That falls on the children parents trying to enter our country illegally. Mexico a safe country, why don't they seek asylum there? It's because Mexico doesn't have the welfare system the US does.

It's long overdue for us to put an end to illegal immigration to our county. If we don't start finding and deporting the 15 million plus illegals already here, it will just cause more to come.

posted on Sep, 5 2019 @ 01:37 PM
link   
why is it that the Border of the USA has no Constitutional protections yet does have asylum protections.

why is this not being addressed?

funny how that works huh?

posted on Sep, 5 2019 @ 01:39 PM
link   

It's clear there's a hierarchy of children based on comments. So please provide me with said hierarchy. What children are worth more than others?

Our children come before theirs. I call it pride of country. That's not to say that I wouldn't defend a child at the border if I sensed danger. It simply means that the children of this country come first. We have children growing up in poverty with nothing, we have children being accidentally shot in ghetto drive-by's, I'd rather work towards fixing that before worrying about the children of another nation. We can't afford it and most of them don't even have to be here.

new topics

top topics

<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join