It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

‘I Can’t Feel My Heart:’ Children Separated from Their Parents at US-Mexico Border

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 5 2019 @ 12:41 PM
link   
a reply to: Xcalibur254
Barak sent troops to the border in 2010
so its not like it is impossible

over 400,000 illegal aliens were apprehended in 2017

they would be the 12 largest army in the world
larger than france, germany, or indonesia

if that is not a national security risk, I don't know what is

posted on Sep, 5 2019 @ 12:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme
a reply to: network dude

Why doesnt trump just redirect some funds like he did with the military and funds for the wall?
Just a stroke of the pen could alleviate a lot of suffering.

Have you even been down there to see this suffering you speak of or is it all hearsay that you're repeating?

posted on Sep, 5 2019 @ 12:46 PM
link   

Because, as we've seen in this thread, there are plenty of people that believe these children are subhuman. Plus there's the fact that this administration has made it abundantly clear they don't want to adhere to the Flores Settlement.

posted on Sep, 5 2019 @ 12:47 PM
link   
a reply to: Liquesence

Last I checked, we were also against those brown, black, and yellow babies being aborted, too. I know it pains you to learn that we don't judge by color. You'll understand when you grow up.

posted on Sep, 5 2019 @ 12:48 PM
link   

a reply to: LSU2018

I am sure she is faking it. People don't actually care about people other than themselves and everybody knows that.
Every man for himself.

The funny thing about this post is that you're being satirical, yet it's the most sensible thing you've ever said on here.

link   
a reply to: shooterbrody

What country do they represent? What weapons are they equipped with?

link   
a reply to: Sillyolme

A simple solution for this situation is to have the bleeding heart Democrats line up at the border and sponcer these people. Invite them into your homes and find jobs for them.

link   

Because, as we've seen in this thread, there are plenty of people that believe these children are subhuman.

wow
source please
i missed that part

posted on Sep, 5 2019 @ 12:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xcalibur254

What country do they represent? What weapons are they equipped with?

unimportant and immaterial
they are a group larger than MOST of the armies on the plant
it is an invasion

the fact that you people can't see that is breathtaking
very few people are against LEGAL IMMIGRATION
a whole lot of people are against an open border which is what you appear to be supporting

posted on Sep, 5 2019 @ 12:52 PM
link   

He literally quoted the agency that oversees immigration. An asylum seeker is here legally in this country. You're clearly the one not in support of the law.

ETA: Here's the law in question by the way.

8 U.S. Code § 1158. Asylum

How do you break into our country and expect to be given asylum? You go to the border and ask for asylum, you don't break the law first. If I have a gang trying to kill me and I break into your house and ask for asylum, will you give me asylum or will I go to jail for breaking and entering?

posted on Sep, 5 2019 @ 12:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: LSU2018

originally posted by: CynConcepts

a reply to: CynConcepts

You may want to check out the current lawsuit against the Trump administration if you don't think the conditions in these facilities are inhumane. We're talking guards throwing food on the floor so kids can fight over it and girls being forced to bleed through their underwear while on their period and then being denied a shower for days.

Lawsuits are alleged claims of wrongdoing, not necessarily true facts of actual circumstances. I am looking at the 2 claims above and really do believe they are taken out of context. Something exaggerated beyond the real truth circumstance.

Nooo, surely democrats don't exaggerate... Look at Cortez crying at all the near dead, abused children standing at the border fence. She's so distraught her knees are buckled. This isn't drama, is it?

posted on Sep, 5 2019 @ 12:55 PM
link   

edit on SepThu, 05 Sep 2019 12:55:41 -05004America/Chicago2019 by MrNeo because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 5 2019 @ 01:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sookiechacha

To obtain asylum through the affirmative asylum process you must be physically present in the United States. You may apply for asylum status regardless of how you arrived in the United States or your current immigration status.

You must apply for asylum within one year of the date of their last arrival in the United States...

You're either in support of the law or you're not.

Did you only read the law and omit the exceptions at your own free will? They can't just walk up to the Attorney General and say "Hey, I'm here to seek asylum." and waltz right into the US. They have to be looked into and it has to be proven that their lives are at risk in their country.

(2) Exceptions
(A) Safe third country
Paragraph (1) shall not apply to an alien if the Attorney General determines that the alien may be removed, pursuant to a bilateral or multilateral agreement, to a country (other than the country of the alien’s nationality or, in the case of an alien having no nationality, the country of the alien’s last habitual residence) in which the alien’s life or freedom would not be threatened on account of race, religion, nationality, membership in a particular social group, or political opinion, and where the alien would have access to a full and fair procedure for determining a claim to asylum or equivalent temporary protection, unless the Attorney General finds that it is in the public interest for the alien to receive asylum in the United States.

(B) Time limit
Subject to subparagraph (D), paragraph (1) shall not apply to an alien unless the alien demonstrates by clear and convincing evidence that the application has been filed within 1 year after the date of the alien’s arrival in the United States.

(C) Previous asylum applications
Subject to subparagraph (D), paragraph (1) shall not apply to an alien if the alien has previously applied for asylum and had such application denied.

(D) Changed circumstances
An application for asylum of an alien may be considered, notwithstanding subparagraphs (B) and (C), if the alien demonstrates to the satisfaction of the Attorney General either the existence of changed circumstances which materially affect the applicant’s eligibility for asylum or extraordinary circumstances relating to the delay in filing an application within the period specified in subparagraph (B).

(E) Applicability
Subparagraphs (A) and (B) shall not apply to an unaccompanied alienchild.

posted on Sep, 5 2019 @ 01:00 PM
link   

I provided the law for you. The law clearly states that you can enter the country at any point and declare within a year.

If you find the law illogical, that's your opinion. It's still the law.

Do you not support the law?

posted on Sep, 5 2019 @ 01:01 PM
link   
who called the brown kids subhuman?

posted on Sep, 5 2019 @ 01:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: LSU2018

Why doesnt trump just redirect some funds like he did with the military and funds for the wall?
Just a stroke of the pen could alleviate a lot of suffering.

Have you even been down there to see this suffering you speak of or is it all hearsay that you're repeating?

Here in San Diego all the Motels are filled with asylum seekers.

The have a pool, maid service, free food stamps.

They are living like royalty.

If she came here she would be pissed.

American’s are paying the bill for this nonsense.

You can’t find a room...

posted on Sep, 5 2019 @ 01:04 PM
link   

They can't just walk up to the Attorney General and say "Hey, I'm here to seek asylum."

All asylum seekers have the right to have their case heard by a judge.

posted on Sep, 5 2019 @ 01:04 PM
link   
a reply to: Sillyolme

And if/when they claim asylum, they have to be researched. That's why they're held until further notice. It's not like they're locked down with no chance to leave. They can always go back where they came from.

posted on Sep, 5 2019 @ 01:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: shooterbrody

talk to trump.
He just took money away from the military that was supposed to build daycare centers so he could get his wall so that you will vote for him again next year.
Now its just about avoiding jail time.

source or just another of your easily debunked lies?

wall or not wall, with the crap the dnc has put forth as candidates, trump will get more votes than last time toots

TOOTS!

LMFAO!

posted on Sep, 5 2019 @ 01:07 PM
link   

What is the hypocrisy?
Just throw insults around without anything to back them up.

Smoothe dude ... real smoothe...

The hypocrisy where your girl said the law only matters unless Trump is breaking it, meanwhile this entire thread is about how you, Sookie, and Xcalibur all support immigrants illegally breaking American laws to come here, stating the obvious that laws don't matter to any of you.

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join