It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

‘I Can’t Feel My Heart:’ Children Separated from Their Parents at US-Mexico Border

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 5 2019 @ 10:55 AM
link   
a reply to: LSU2018

He literally quoted the agency that oversees immigration. An asylum seeker is here legally in this country. You're clearly the one not in support of the law.

ETA: Here's the law in question by the way.

8 U.S. Code § 1158. Asylum
edit on 9/5/2019 by Xcalibur254 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 5 2019 @ 10:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: shooterbrody

This is all just desperation mixed with convenience.

That is a fact jack!
They will get more desperate the closer we get to nov 2020
What is funny to me is that they have lost and don't even know it yet
The far extreme positions they have staked out ensure a trump win

And I can guarantee you that they're not going anywhere anytime soon. The only way democrats can win now is by turning a complete 180 and actually caring about Americans, or cheating. And they're not going to do a 180 because then they'd be in Trump's camp.

posted on Sep, 5 2019 @ 10:59 AM
link   
a reply to: Sillyolme

Of course not. That's why they can seek asylum LEGALLY. You know - the route that is already there and waiting and to help those who want to seek asylum. No need to do it illegally and take chances with your children's lives.

I like your heart and compassion towards the kids but if I have no money and my child is going hungry should I steal to feed her or him? Should I move into my neighbor's house without asking permission first> Or maybe go to a food bank, church or seek help from a government agency?

posted on Sep, 5 2019 @ 11:00 AM
link   
a reply to: hiddeninsite

As long as they apply for asylum within a year they are doing it legally.

posted on Sep, 5 2019 @ 11:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: Xcalibur254
a reply to: Sookiechacha

The funny thing about the Trump administration arguing in court that providing basic hygiene items isn't covered by the Flores Settlement is that they were actually appealing the decision made during the Obama administration.

They believe so much in denying these children basic rights that they didn't wait to get sued. They appealed a decision made during a previous administration.

Are you done crying about the kids yet?

posted on Sep, 5 2019 @ 11:02 AM
link   
a reply to: Xcalibur254

I'm responding to Sillyolme thinking it's fine for anyone to enter illegally. But, I gave you a star because yes, they can apply legally.

posted on Sep, 5 2019 @ 11:03 AM
link   

To obtain asylum through the affirmative asylum process you must be physically present in the United States. You may apply for asylum status regardless of how you arrived in the United States or your current immigration status.

You must apply for asylum within one year of the date of their last arrival in the United States...

You're either in support of the law or you're not.
edit on 5-9-2019 by Sookiechacha because: (no reason given)

link   
a reply to: network dude

That is not how the law reads.
You can enter anywhere and claim asylum.
Just look up the law and read it.

link   

a reply to: carewemust

But the Right's callousness towards imprisoning children in inhumane conditions is proof that you guys are the most caring people in the world?

Nah. The foreign kids need to go back home with their parents and enter legally. Then we'll welcome them as sovereign citizens. In the meantime, keep fighting to kill American babies and protect illegal babies. It speaks volumes.

posted on Sep, 5 2019 @ 11:04 AM
link   
a reply to: Xcalibur254
pfft
putting them on the border to defend the border would not be an issue
illegal immigration is an invasion

posted on Sep, 5 2019 @ 11:04 AM
link   

At least you guys wear your jingoism on your sleeves.

You still support abortion, bro?

posted on Sep, 5 2019 @ 11:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme
a reply to: shooterbrody

talk to trump.
He just took money away from the military that was supposed to build daycare centers so he could get his wall so that you will vote for him again next year.
Now its just about avoiding jail time.

source or just another of your easily debunked lies?

wall or not wall, with the crap the dnc has put forth as candidates, trump will get more votes than last time toots

posted on Sep, 5 2019 @ 11:06 AM
link   
Is there not a single other country they could go to if it's so damn bad here? Why does this have to cost us money?

posted on Sep, 5 2019 @ 11:06 AM
link   

What is the hypocrisy?
Just throw insults around without anything to back them up.

Smoothe dude ... real smoothe...

posted on Sep, 5 2019 @ 11:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme

What are you so afraid of?

Ebola
backpack nukes
just to name a couple of things

you no border idiots scare me more

posted on Sep, 5 2019 @ 11:07 AM
link   
a reply to: Lucky109

I'm sure their parents would happily take care of them if they were given back.

posted on Sep, 5 2019 @ 11:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: LSU2018

originally posted by: shooterbrody

This is all just desperation mixed with convenience.

That is a fact jack!
They will get more desperate the closer we get to nov 2020
What is funny to me is that they have lost and don't even know it yet
The far extreme positions they have staked out ensure a trump win

And I can guarantee you that they're not going anywhere anytime soon. The only way democrats can win now is by turning a complete 180 and actually caring about Americans, or cheating. And they're not going to do a 180 because then they'd be in Trump's camp.

oh they are not
and they are going to be mortified when they realize most of the country does not want no borders or gun confiscation
or guaranteed income or the big green deal
they wont be able to cheat as easily this go around either

posted on Sep, 5 2019 @ 11:10 AM
link   

Read the lawsuits. As I asked before, if this administration is providing adequate facilities for these children, why are they so gung ho on overturning the very settlement that ensures they provide said facilities?

If true, one great reason I can think of is to stop looking so attractive to foreigners so they'll stop bringing these small children thousands of miles across dangerous lands where they have a huge risk of being raped, killed, die of starvation, die of thirst, or be abducted and thrown into the world of sex trafficking.

But I know what you're thinking, he just hates brown kids, or whatever color you people see them as, and he wants them to suffer.

posted on Sep, 5 2019 @ 11:11 AM
link   

Surprisingly neither the Constitution nor the USC defines "invasion." Most definitions however suggest that an invasion involves a military force or state of war. Neither of which exist at the Southern Border.

posted on Sep, 5 2019 @ 11:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: Liquesence

originally posted by: Shamrock6
When an adult is arrested, if they have minor children in their custody at the time of arrest they are separated from them.

If you don’t want to be separated from your babies, maybe don’t take them with you when you break the law.

Seeking asylum is not against the law.

I am an asylum seeker. LET ME IN. LET ME IN.

Are you racist against middle aged white, normal looking Australians?

Come on, let me in...

Your guys said NO in 2015. And I mean just look at our previous governments, when I did try to visit.. So leftist you couldn't spit right.

A white western male, coming in to visit. I should have just stuck myself in the wings of a plane and suffered 30k feet of freeze. Or put on a burkah and yelled a lot. Dropped bottles of water and called you fascists.

But if let in, I'd get a free house, the ability to get a a car license, a tax number (or not, if I wanted to pay tax) and just faffed about selling oranges to free-range passers bye till someone pulled me up on the 6 month visa I violated and sent me home. Then you'd have been there for me, pal, yeah? buddy.. comrade??

Perestroika !!! No Russian collusion needed.

new topics

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join