It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

‘I Can’t Feel My Heart:’ Children Separated from Their Parents at US-Mexico Border

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 5 2019 @ 06:40 AM
link   
I can't feel my heart. A child with limited ability to express the grief of being separated from their parents says, I can't feel my heart.
Others say my chest hurts, or I cant breathe or every heartbeat hurts. I cant read this without getting tears in my eyes.
The newest IG report, you know, the guys you are all counting on to put Obama and Hillary away , on the mental health of the children who have been seperated from their parents at the border shows they are suffering post traumatic stress disorder.

Separated from his father at the U.S.-Mexico border last year, the little boy, about 7 or 8, was under the delusion that his dad had been killed. And he thought he was next.

These people are coming from violent deadly places. Its no wonder this child thought this was a possibility. He had to have emergency mental health treatment.

Children separated during the Trump administration’s “zero tolerance policy” last year, many already distressed in their home countries or by their journey, showed more fear, feelings of abandonment and post-traumatic stress symptoms than children who were not separated, according to a report Wednesday from the inspector general’s office in the Department of Health and Human Service

Will this be enough to stop this nonsense?

Does no one care about children anymore?

+51 more 
posted on Sep, 5 2019 @ 06:49 AM
link   
a reply to: Sillyolme

Source?

Did the DNC just jump start their payroll for 2020 shilling?

edit on 9/5/2019 by ColdWisdom because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 5 2019 @ 06:50 AM
link   

A deterrent. The cruelty is the point.

+66 more 
posted on Sep, 5 2019 @ 06:51 AM
link   

And if Democrats wrote a law that fixed the asylum loophole and put up a fancy wall on our southern border, we would have to separate exactly ZERO children from thier parents.

Face it, your party made the problem.

Why won't they fix it?

What about the children indeed.

posted on Sep, 5 2019 @ 06:53 AM
link   

posted on Sep, 5 2019 @ 06:54 AM
link   
a reply to: Lumenari

And if Democrats wrote a law that fixed the asylum loophole

What loophole would that be?

edit on 5-9-2019 by Sookiechacha because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 5 2019 @ 06:54 AM
link   

Why didn't the Republicans fix it when they were in complete control of every branch of government?

+34 more 
posted on Sep, 5 2019 @ 06:56 AM
link   
In the PC culture I switch off when people start talking about their pain and suffering. It’s usually plastered on so thick that there may be small elements of truth but nothing more.

If they didn’t want this to happen they shouldn’t have broken the law.
If I break the law I go to jail, I get raped and will probably have to commit suicide.

These mexicans get off pretty easy.
Come to South Africa, see what real problems look like.

+57 more 
posted on Sep, 5 2019 @ 06:56 AM
link   
When an adult is arrested, if they have minor children in their custody at the time of arrest they are separated from them.

If you don’t want to be separated from your babies, maybe don’t take them with you when you break the law.

posted on Sep, 5 2019 @ 06:59 AM
link   
a reply to: Shamrock6

So these people that are simply looking for a better life for their children should either leave their children behind in the "#hole" country they're fleeing or send the child off on their own?

posted on Sep, 5 2019 @ 07:01 AM
link   
a reply to: ColdWisdom

www.pbs.org... s-report-says/

posted on Sep, 5 2019 @ 07:03 AM
link   
a reply to: Sookiechacha
I know.
Its heartbreaking that no one cares about the children.
Only about defending the child abuser in chief.

Here we go again.

Rah rah rah wait for the cheerleaders to start chiming in.

posted on Sep, 5 2019 @ 07:03 AM
link   

The republicans are in charge of the senate right now.
Why cant they?

Oh yeah the rump

posted on Sep, 5 2019 @ 07:06 AM
link   
a reply to: Sookiechacha

Its the talking point of that issue.

It was published so that the sycophants know what the response is.

Blame blame blame that's all trump ever does. He never actually comes up with any solution.
Well not one that is ultimately beneficial for most.

posted on Sep, 5 2019 @ 07:07 AM
link   

And, when the Trump administration breaks the law, like sending asylum seekers that apply at border check points back to Mexico to await their judication? Or, like failing to meet basic legal standards of safe and sanitary care for children?

posted on Sep, 5 2019 @ 07:08 AM
link   
a reply to: Xcalibur254

Because then they couldn't inflict the most amount of pain and suffering on the brown people moving in and diluting America's whiteness.
Thats the important thing remember. Make America White Again.

posted on Sep, 5 2019 @ 07:09 AM
link   

the asylum loophole

So you are saying they are coming in legally?

+12 more 
posted on Sep, 5 2019 @ 07:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: Xcalibur254

So these people that are simply looking for a better life for their children should either leave their children behind in the "#hole" country they're fleeing or send the child off on their own?

Simply looking for A better life but breaking the law while doing so.

It's not rocket science and I can't wrap my head around why people don't understand. Do I feel for those fleeing dangerous places? Of course. But illegally hopping a border isn't the answer.

posted on Sep, 5 2019 @ 07:11 AM
link   
a reply to: GreenGunther

Seeking asylum is not breaking the law.
This is just #headedness. Sneaky phuckery. To keep his base engaged.
You know since he couldnt get mexico to pay for the wall and all. And that was his promise.
He failed in that so he needs to be a major schitehead and cruelty provider to show how tough he really is.
To get some idiots to vote him in again.

+1 more 
posted on Sep, 5 2019 @ 07:13 AM
link   
a reply to: ColdWisdom

Did the DNC just jump start their payroll for 2020 shilling?

you win!!!
hopefully this time they will take taxes out, so the irs wont come for them a couple of years later...lol

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join