It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump Administration Considering Social Credit Score System to Determine Who Can Buy a Gun

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 4 2019 @ 09:54 PM
link   
Summit.News

The Trump administration is considering launching a social credit score-style system in coordination with Big Tech that would use spy data collected from Amazon, Google and Apple devices to determine whether or not an individual can own a gun.

Considering anything is perfectly fine with me. All ideas should be given due consideration, even a few absurd ones like this. But if this transforms into a Trump Administration proposal, I'm done with him.

This would be a total betrayal of every single person who voted for Donald Trump precisely to fight this type of corruption. This is dystopian bull# and the fact that the President is actively taking steps toward this as a potential policy going forward is frightening.

President Donald J. Trump, YOU CAN LOSE OUR SUPPORT.

Other References:
Trump Admin Is Considering Using Amazon Echo And Apple Watch To Determine If Citizens Should Own A Gun
White House considers new project seeking links between mental health and violent behavior

posted on Sep, 4 2019 @ 10:08 PM
link   
a reply to: projectvxn

interesting idea pitched by Silicon, but it's typically Trump to pretend that he will do something about mass shootings only to wait for it to drop out of the news cycle and then do nothing at all.

posted on Sep, 4 2019 @ 10:09 PM
link   

As if it were going to end just with banning bumpstocks, I've said this before but I suspect in his second term he will go full tyrant and sign some kind of EO banning certain weapons.

posted on Sep, 4 2019 @ 10:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: ambassado12

interesting idea pitched by Silicon, but it's typically Trump to pretend that he will do something about mass shootings only to wait for it to drop out of the news cycle and then do nothing at all.

It's a communist party of China idea. They use this system to crush their citizens.

No part of this is compatible with any part of the constitution. Doing "something" doesn't and shouldn't mean "do anything".

posted on Sep, 4 2019 @ 10:20 PM
link   

thread

Literally word for word same exact thread title.

posted on Sep, 4 2019 @ 10:21 PM
link   
I wrote a post about HARPA SAFE HOME project a week ago.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Basically, if it gets backing, it's a brand new department of the federal government that will use all of our devices to psychoanalyze each member of the populace.

They say that it will be a volunteer program; and that everyone would be a volunteer. It would both be a red flag waving mechanism, having an algorithm that would send storm troopers to disarm a person based on the possibility of a future crime. It would also be used to determine if you can buy a gun in the first place.

But, if it's voluntary I would imagine that with time those that do not submit to the program will be automatically deemed unfit to own a gun.

Scary Orwellian stuff... but seems like it's inevitable at this point. It's only a matter of time before the right President and the right Congress enacts such a program.

When a lunatic with a Koran attacks us, the left tells us not to blame all Muslims. When a lunatic with a gun attacks us, the left blames all gun owners.

posted on Sep, 4 2019 @ 10:22 PM
link   
a reply to: Vector99

Didn't see it.

Thanks for posting it.

posted on Sep, 4 2019 @ 11:02 PM
link   
It's true, this is straight on t of China. I would gladly perish fighting in world war three agaist these kind of Chinese subversions like what Wal Mart is doing than sit back and have muh Trump feed me this horse#.

Don't # it up POTUS. ☝️

posted on Sep, 5 2019 @ 01:10 AM
link   

I've been hearing this rumor around ats and I just don't believe it.

America will never do this. Never.

posted on Sep, 5 2019 @ 01:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: scraedtosleep

I've been hearing this rumor around ats and I just don't believe it.

America will never do this. Never.

You give the government to much credit. It has been encroaching on rights since it was formed. Right now the people are cheering for it, as they champion their own causes. Few actually realize, when they champion their cause they allow their own rights to be diminished in the near future.

posted on Sep, 5 2019 @ 08:07 AM
link   
Please contribute to previously existing thread located here.

Thank you. Thread closed.

posted on Sep, 5 2019 @ 08:08 AM
link   
Trusting the same big tech companies that he says he claims interfere with our freedoms to determine if we are eligible to exercise our freedoms?
Makes sense..
Companies, ran by people who think anyone who disagrees with them are racist, will determine if you can get a gun.
Post an american flag pic on your facebook? racist.. no gun.
Share a pepe meme on a message board? Fascist... no gun.

Believe in the 2nd amendment? obviously your a white nationalist.. no gun

top topics

join