It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Barbecue planned at home of vegan who took neighbours to court over meat stench

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+4 more 
posted on Sep, 4 2019 @ 08:23 PM
link   
I've always had a soft spot in my heart for Aussies.

Yes, they have made some political mistakes but when they push back, they do it right.

Ever heard of Cilla Carden?

Shrimp on the barbie? Better ring on Cilla’s door first and check in with her….

Also going viral is the saga of one Perth, Australia vegan who has found herself person non gratis after taking her neighbors to court after complaining (amongst other things) the smell of meat and fish coming from their barbecue (but how very Australian !).

Cilla Carden has been locked in a legal battle since last year with her neighbors, claiming that the odors have ruined her quality of life at her home in Perth, 9News reported.

Perth Vegan takes neighbors to court

Not surprisingly Carden’s complaint was thrown out of court earlier this year, leading her to file to appeal in the country’s supreme court.

The supreme court judge rejected the massage therapist’s appeal in July and encouraged both parties to instead ‘direct their considerable energy towards the resolution of their differences as best they can.’

But it gets better and THIS is why I like Aussies...

Now, angry members of the local community have decided to take things into their own hands and are planning to host a barbecue outside of Carden’s home which they are describing as a “peaceful protest”. The event – set up by Bailey Mason who describes himself as a ‘Warrior for Animals’ – has attracted the attention of thousands of people in Perth, WA, with more than 4,500 saying they’d like to attend on social media.

“Cilla Carden has a problem with her neighbours cooking meat on their BBQ, because she’s a vegan,” the event description on Facebook reads. “Don’t let Cilla destroy a good old Aussie tradition, join us for a community BBQ in protest of her actions, and help Cilla Carden GET SOME PORK ON HER FORK.”

Barbecue planned at home of vegan

The event has more than 4,500 attendees. Source: Facebook/Community Barbecue for Cilla Carden.

Hundreds of people also commented on the post, with many relishing in the “Aussie humour” of it. One person wrote: “What a great idea.” Another said: “I wish I could be there! Everybody have fun and eat a plate of some yummy BBQ for me!”

Another user commented: “Get your hands on every grill, from propane to charcoal, get ribs, shrimp, steaks, burgers, etc. and light that neighborhood up with savory goodness! I’ll be grilling on that day in support!”

Barbecue on !!!!

posted on Sep, 4 2019 @ 08:25 PM
link   
The ol keep your mouth shut and don't make it worse lesson.

I'd leave something in a smoker on the porch 24/7/365.

posted on Sep, 4 2019 @ 08:27 PM
link   
a reply to: Lumenari

Jesus, watch out my Thai bothers and sisters...

posted on Sep, 4 2019 @ 08:30 PM
link   
They should organize a weekly neighborhood BBQ day. When all the surrounding neighbors grill good ole MEAT, FISH, FOUL. At sequential rolling times through the entire day. Ensuring there will not be a minute wasted that is not covered in yumminess wafting through the hood from all directions of the compass.

Or, make EVERY DAY grillin' day in that neighborhood. Ensuring each and every day someone will be grilling up some loveliness.

edit on 9/4/2019 by Krakatoa because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 4 2019 @ 08:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krakatoa
They should organize a weekly neighborhood BBQ day. When all the surrounding neighbors grill good ole MEAT, FISH, FOUL. At sequential rolling times through the entire day. Ensuring there will not be a minute wasted that is not covered in yumminess wafting through the hood fro all directions of the compass.

I'm sure a local butcher would even show up and "sponsor" it(be good for business).

He could hang up a rack right in the front yard and do a straight "butcher" to "grill" on a fresh rack of meat.

posted on Sep, 4 2019 @ 08:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: MisterSpock

originally posted by: Krakatoa
They should organize a weekly neighborhood BBQ day. When all the surrounding neighbors grill good ole MEAT, FISH, FOUL. At sequential rolling times through the entire day. Ensuring there will not be a minute wasted that is not covered in yumminess wafting through the hood fro all directions of the compass.

I'm sure a local butcher would even show up and "sponsor" it(be good for business).

He could hang up a rack right in the front yard and do a straight "butcher" to "grill" on a fresh rack of meat.

The best part about it is the host doesn't really have to know how to cook. 80% of the guys there are itching to flip that meat.

posted on Sep, 4 2019 @ 08:37 PM
link   
I'd go even further on this, well beyond the limit(i'm such a horrible person/neighbor).

Get a kiddie pool, fill it full of bbq sauce and bbq ribs. Get a couple local girls in string bikinis to wrestle and make out in it.......

Then just because there's always money there, sell the ribs from the pool to local creepers for 20 bucks a rack.

posted on Sep, 4 2019 @ 08:37 PM
link   

The ol keep your mouth shut and don't make it worse lesson.

I'd leave something in a smoker on the porch 24/7/365.

It's bad enough that sometimes in a restaurant you have some pale little thing stagger up to your table and tell you "Killing animals is bad karma and that steak is going to kill you."

Much less be taken to court over a barbecue in your own back yard...

I don't tell YOU what to eat... do me a favor and do the same!

posted on Sep, 4 2019 @ 08:39 PM
link   

Bacon has Conquered the World . It Will NEVER Not Be .............

link   

I'd go even further on this, well beyond the limit(i'm such a horrible person/neighbor).

Get a kiddie pool, fill it full of bbq sauce and bbq ribs. Get a couple local girls in string bikinis to wrestle and make out in it.......

Then just because there's always money there, sell the ribs from the pool to local creepers for 20 bucks a rack.

I do agree that you sound like a horrible person/neighbor...

However, please invite me over to watch.

link   

Heard this on my local radio station today.
It wasnt just meat, it was overwhelming fish smell.

The radio station had call ins about vile and unwanted odors from the neighbors. A caller said he lived in a a somewhat small apartment complex and one of the tenants would cook meals with rather offensive and strong smelling spices.
After some complaints and talking to neighbors, nothing was done about it.
He devised a plan formulated from his fathers need to use every part of a cow during his farm boy days.

He remembered the awful stench of cow brains cooked down, and took that inherited smell one step further and weaponized it. Boiled down cow brains in vinegar for a few hours until the whole building complained.
It forced the landlord to take action and add that any overly offensive or overly excessive odors would be considered grounds for eviction.

I hope the bbq goes well! Toss a large hand of anchovis in a cast iron skillet to really send a message.

+1 more 
posted on Sep, 4 2019 @ 09:00 PM
link   

Why did the Vegan cross the road?

To tell you she is a Vegan.

posted on Sep, 4 2019 @ 09:10 PM
link   

Get a kiddie pool, fill it full of bbq sauce

Whoooaaaa there chum! We already got us an Augustus...

edit on 4-9-2019 by NarcolepticBuddha because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 4 2019 @ 09:11 PM
link   

Cilla Carden claimed her neighbour, Toan Vu, along with his wife and children, deliberately let the smell of their barbecue and cooking fish waft into the backyard of her home in Girrawheen, Perth.

Sounds like it could be bullsnip; sounds like it could be a legitimate complaint... who is to know?

As some who has a pretty awful neighbor my self I can certainly imagen a situation were the neighbor knowing her issues with the smell acted like a jerk and compounded the problem rather than acting neighborly and finding ways to mitigate the issue.

Of course I can also imagine a situation where Cilla Carden is being a bratty vegan snob.

Who is to know; there isn't enough information to know either way.

But in ether case I can't justify the harassment of this woman whether she is in the right or the wrong. Social media has really screwed up this world in a lot of ways. People too quickly triggered into going to harass a perfect stranger just because they don't like what she chooses to eat.

Carden and her neighbors have issues one way or another but there really is no justification for thousands of people to mob some neighborhood just to prove a point to perfect stranger.

Ms Carden claims the whole issue has been blown out of proportion, telling the Daily Mail she respected the rights of people to eat meat.

“This is not about a vegan versus meat issue. I respect the right of people to eat meat. I have no problem with barbecues,” she said. “The real issue is one between neighbours.”

These don't sound like the words of a social justice warrior trying to get people to stop eating meet to me.

Why would a SJW spend all that time taking their neighbor to cort in order to shut down their god given right to BBQ only to deliver this mixed message about BBQ once she was in the spot light?

It sounds more responsible to me that a SJW would use the spot light to continue her crusade against BBQ. And that the words above are that of a person having normal problems with neighbor; even if she herself is a bit of a nutter.

But those seeking to attend the festivities should be aware that Carden and her lawyer plan to press charges on anyone who trespass on her property. I'm assuming that would also include people who harass her from an adjacent property or street.

Ms Carden told the publication she was aware of the event and had instructed her lawyer, John Hammond of Hammond Legal, to act against those behind it.

Mr Hammond recently posted a statement on the Facebook event claiming anyone who attended could face criminal charges.

“Any person who seeks to attend Ms Carden’s property on Saturday October 19, 2019 or at any other time in relation to this event or matter will be referred to the WA police on the ground of trespass,” he wrote.

“Security cameras will be installed to obtain vision of any person attending the property and the vision will be provided to the police.”

He also added that his client had “no objection to people eating meat and no objection to people having barbecues”.

link

posted on Sep, 4 2019 @ 09:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: NarcolepticBuddha

Get a kiddie pool, fill it full of bbq sauce

Whoooaaaa there chum! We already got us an Augustus...

We all know Augie is a poser.

*Rubs chesthair covered in BBQ sauce*

This here is the real deal......

posted on Sep, 4 2019 @ 09:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: DanDanDat

Cilla Carden claimed her neighbour, Toan Vu, along with his wife and children, deliberately let the smell of their barbecue and cooking fish waft into the backyard of her home in Girrawheen, Perth.

sounds like it could be a legitimate complaint...

Then we all should have a right to complain about the wafting of their broccoli-lentil-quinoa-tofu casserole flatulence.

edit on 4-9-2019 by NarcolepticBuddha because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 4 2019 @ 09:33 PM
link   
a reply to: DanDanDat

People too quickly triggered into going to harass a perfect stranger just because they don't like what she chooses to eat.

No.
This is about neighbors that she hates because of what they eat.
They are not like her so she must hate....
2 frivolous complaints already rejected .
A 3rd complaint on the way.

Make the payback "Hell"
By making the payback BBQ.

posted on Sep, 4 2019 @ 10:18 PM
link   

Cilla Carden claimed her neighbour, Toan Vu, along with his wife and children, deliberately let the smell of their barbecue and cooking fish waft into the backyard of her home in Girrawheen, Perth.

So they not only barbecue, they control the wind?

These people get more interesting as it goes...

posted on Sep, 4 2019 @ 10:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gothmog

People too quickly triggered into going to harass a perfect stranger just because they don't like what she chooses to eat.

No.
This is about neighbors that she hates because of what they eat.
They are not like her so she must hate....
2 frivolous complaints already rejected .
A 3rd complaint on the way.

Make the payback "Hell"
By making the payback BBQ.

And your proof of that is?

2 complaints already rejected due to lack of evidence; with the judge in one case telling both parties to find a way to live together... not admonishing Carden individually for waitsing the court's time?

What am I saying? Who needs proof regarding insignificant goings on in a small neighborhood in Girrawheen, Perth? The ladie is a vegan and we meet eaters need to make her pay ... blood for blood!

You know what I really think the problem is? That social media with its fake portrayal of how successful and happy everyone else seems to be is leaving so many people unfulfilled with their own lives. In turn they increasingly become silently agitated just waiting for something to come along and trigger them.

"J J Just you wait .... shoot, if a vegan ever tries to tell me something. I I I Ima gona give them what for ... J J Just you wait ..... oh look someone gonin done it now; taking someone I ant ever met to cort ... let me go join a mob and harass people"

Replace "Vegan" with anything ... "Trump Supporter" ... "Pro-Lifer" ... "Some Religious Person" ... "Kathy Griffin" ... anything and you pretty much described the current state of social discourse.

posted on Sep, 4 2019 @ 10:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lumenari

Cilla Carden claimed her neighbour, Toan Vu, along with his wife and children, deliberately let the smell of their barbecue and cooking fish waft into the backyard of her home in Girrawheen, Perth.

So they not only barbecue, they control the wind?

These people get more interesting as it goes...

I can see it happening; her claims might be BS and than again they could be true. Not enough evidence has been reported ether way.

You are picturing some normal happy family just trying to have a nice Sunday barbecue; of course this lady must be out of her mind.

But what if there's more to it than that? What if during the course of their neighborly activities this lady, put off by constant day in and day out smell of fish, works up the nerve to ask her neighbor politely if they could tone it down or maybe move the BBQ to the other side of the yard. "Why?" the neighbor might ask "your not one of them Vegans are you?"; then angry at the new SJW next door having the nerve to ask him to do something decides to be even more obnoxious with his cooking ... you know the ol keep your mouth shut and don't make it worse lesson. I mean really what kind of person creates an event so that thousands of people come harass their neighbor? ... even if the neighbor totally deserves it it still doesn't sound right.

I don't know which is true; but it seems to me people are passing judgment based on what they want to be true and not necessarily what is.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join