It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Kroger Follows Walmart

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 4 2019 @ 09:45 PM
link   
a reply to: Sillyolme

Never happens
Never
Wasn’t Santa That Saved Clackamas Town Center Christmas

Do you really want me to go on? Because actually hate making links to be honest.

posted on Sep, 4 2019 @ 09:47 PM
link   
a reply to: Ahabstar
All she does is lie.
24/7
Make up bs lies.

posted on Sep, 4 2019 @ 10:00 PM
link   

The 911 caller never said he was yelling. The 911 caller also changed his story regarding the pointing.

The police were on the scene for 2 seconds before they shot him. But in that two seconds he wasn't compliant? Mmmkay.

So police get to execute someone within 2 seconds because someone else claimed they were "brandishing."

All because someone was scared of a toy.

I never mentioned race.

I know what a food desert is. I was just perplexed what that had to do with the discussion. I thought you were tying it into the Crawford shooting scenario.

posted on Sep, 4 2019 @ 10:05 PM
link   
a reply to: Identified

Actually yes they do...when the barrel of the toy which as far as they knew was real pointed in a direction which threatens others. Pretty sure when someone yells put the gun down with the volume and aggressiveness of a cop...phone call or not you won't miss it.

posted on Sep, 4 2019 @ 10:23 PM
link   
a reply to: RickyD

The only direction they could have seen him point it in in those 2 seconds would have been the lower shelf since he wasn't swinging it around for several seconds before they entered the store.

If you think the average human can process that someone is yelling at them within 2 seconds and then process what is being said and what they said you are kidding yourself.

Especially when the police are yelling for you to drop something that in your mind you aren't thinking of as a weapon or gun.

You hear someone come up behind you and scream drop the weapon/gun and you are holding neither do you immediately think they are screaming at you? Do you drop something/ anything in your hand within 2 seconds? Or do you think maybe you would take a second to realize they are screaming at you and another second to realize you are holding something they want you to drop and top compound it all maybe you also begin to turn to see who is screaming and why?

This is why I never open carry because people in America think it's okay for someone to get scared, call the police, and for the police to execute you because...

posted on Sep, 4 2019 @ 10:28 PM
link   

Two seconds is a very long time when you are on the wrong side of a gun. Trust me if you have not experienced that. Very few people can formulate plans of action in such a situation so they go with initial gut instincts. In a perfect world, Crawford would still be safe and sound. But that is not the world we live in.

Waking up to another person in my bed almost resulted in their very violent end by my cracking their skull open in the corner of my dresser because the gun was too far away. What saved them was my wanting to know how they got in. During a very rude interrogation I discovered they were just a drunk college student that made a mistake. I had the luxury of time because they would have been quite dead quickly with very little effort if I needed to do so. Needless to say, I changed the locks the next day.

Right or wrong Crawford and the officers did not have that luxury of time in the officer’s mind. Crawford died wondering WTF is happening.

Now if Walmart and Kroger are saying they want to prevent another Crawford by an armed shopper that is one thing. To say they wish to give up their own rights is foolish in my opinion but I respect their right to do so. But to actively pursue the removal of other people’s right (which is how the optics are on these moves) makes them the bad guy.

In summary, give up your own rights all you want, but don’t take away mine in the process.

posted on Sep, 4 2019 @ 10:29 PM
link   

2 seconds is not as short as I think you're implying they are. Also not really the nonchalant type of thing you tune out in regular life. He should have just put it down... Do cops wrongfully shoot people sure...are some of those the fault of the officer sure...not all of them though...and by good margin they get things right and save peoples lives more than they get it wrong. Honestly you'd have been better off going with the one where those cops,rolled up on the teenager playing with a toy gun in the park that looked real...they actually did blast that kid in less than 2sec...not even sure he would have been able to make any verbal statement in the time it took.
edit on 4-9-2019 by RickyD because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 4 2019 @ 10:43 PM
link   

We aren't going to agree on Crawford because I think Police have a higher responsibility not to f up such calls
and in this case actually had the luxury becauss they came through a side door near him and could observe him prior to entering but didn't even stop to look. And because I believe the 911 caller as well as dispatch who relayed some questionable embellishments should have been charged with crimes.

I agree that I don't think these retailers have thought this through. I think this is actually "look like your doing something" policy and probably won't hurt their bottom line much because people have to buy groceries.

posted on Sep, 4 2019 @ 10:58 PM
link   

If you think the average human can process that someone is yelling at them within 2 seconds and then process what is being said and what they said you are kidding yourself.

I have personally had police command me to "DROP THE GUN!" Trust me, I might not have been holding a stopwatch at the time, but I am sure it took less than 2 seconds to toss my revolver into a soft grassy area and raise my hands.

If someone is walking around in such a daze that they cannot immediately recognize the seriousness of that command, I submit that they shouldn't be walking around holding anything that remotely resembles a firearm.

TheRedneck

posted on Sep, 4 2019 @ 11:01 PM
link   
a reply to: RickyD

The physics of two seconds doesn't change just because a cop yelled at you.

Crawford had two seconds as can been seen in the video which was overlayed with the dispatch.
In fact cops didn't tell for him to drop a weapon nor did they identify themselves. They told him to *put it down!" Not exactly something I automatically think someone is yelling at me in a store. I'd think some father is screaming at a 4 year old before I think they meant me.

All the good cops do doesn't negate the mistakes. And Crawford was a direct result of reaction from a scared caller who lied which is why allowing this atmospheremof excusing people being killed because of it is really disgusting to me.

Well, we weren't talking about shootings in a park and the ban of open carry in the park so I wouldn't have mentioned that case.

posted on Sep, 4 2019 @ 11:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheRedneck

According to the Constitution, I should not even need a permit. Nowhere in the Second Amendment is the word "concealed."

Well, in truth, according to a dead conservative activist judge you don't need a permit. Not according to the constitution which was considerably more restrictive and "regulated".

posted on Sep, 4 2019 @ 11:07 PM
link   
They aren't telling people to stop carrying weapons, just asking them to not openly display them. That's actually preferable in my opinion. Now the wackos don't know who could have a gun, it would be even riskier for them.

posted on Sep, 4 2019 @ 11:09 PM
link   
a reply to: TheRedneck

Don't be ridiculous. This discussion is turning into complete madness.
Really someone doesn't drop something in 2 seconds so they should not only not be walking around holding a stick, cell phone, toy gun, etc... but they should also expect to be killed for it.

Okay.

posted on Sep, 4 2019 @ 11:13 PM
link   
a reply to: Sillyolme

Yeah look at all the times where Joe Public stepped up to the plate to take out an active shooter while waiting for LE to arrive.
Oh yeah, none times. Which is to be expected.

Amazing. Literally AMAZING! Almost as soon as you posted this, the following story broke:

Texas woman who shot an alleged purse snatcher says her gun saved her life

According to Houston police spokesman Kese Smith, Hudgins told investigators that she was rolling up her windows when she noticed five or six youths between the ages of 15 and 20 standing by a mailbox. Five of them began to approach her vehicle, she said, and they were armed.

At first, “I couldn’t do anything except scream,” Hudgins, 28, told ABC 13.

But when one man reached through a partially opened car window to grab her purse, Hudgins grabbed her handgun out of her bag and fired two rounds, striking her assailant, police say. Hudgins told police the other men fled, and authorities have not been able to locate them.

I mean, really, what are the chances that you could post that immediately prior to a breaking story that calls it out for the BS that it is? Is it a talent? Do you practice being wrong? Do you take classes on being wrong? Do you have a team working for you that finds stories about to break and alerts you so you can post things like this? How on earth do you do it?

I have literally never seen that happen so fast before. I am impressed.

TheRedneck

posted on Sep, 4 2019 @ 11:17 PM
link   

You can call it fried cotton candy for all I care. I am telling you I was ordered by police to drop my weapon, and despite being surprised (I had called them and just flagged them down), I was able to get rid of the weapon safely practically immediately. That happened. I have a sneaking suspicion that, had I instead pointed the gun at the cops, I would not be typing this. Both officers had guns drawn and aimed.

If you ever hear those words, I suggest you do not dawdle.

TheRedneck

posted on Sep, 4 2019 @ 11:20 PM
link   

So your situation was actually nothing like Crawfords?

You were expecting them. You were holding an actual revolver. You were facing them. You knew the people making commands were cops.

posted on Sep, 4 2019 @ 11:24 PM
link   

I hope you are never in the store on a Saturday afternoon when the weekend dads are shopping with the kiddos and you hear "put it down!" Screamed from the other aisle. Otherwise you of course will drop that jar of pickles immediately.

posted on Sep, 4 2019 @ 11:37 PM
link   

Here's the problem: there was nothing "correct" the police could do. They entered the store due to a complaint about someone brandishing a firearm. They saw someone fitting the description holding a gun. They yelled at him to drop it and he instead raised it.

The cops had no way to know if that was a real gun or not. Had it been a real gun and people had been shot, the police would have been chastised for not protecting the public (or could easily be unable to hear the chastisement through six feet of dirt). They attempted to protect the public, and they are demonized for shooting an "innocent man."

I don't give a rat's rear whether it was a real gun or not. Did it look real to the cops? That's the only question that needs to be asked. If the answer is yes, then Crawford should have known better than to raise the gun. If you are holding anything that looks like a gun, especially something designed to look like a gun, you carry it the same way you would an actual gun.

People used to know this, back before people were so scared of them big evil bang-bangs, when people used to know how to handle a gun. If you want to remain ignorant of how to handle a weapon because you'd rather live in fear of it, don't complain when that ignorance comes back on you. It is the ignorance of firearms that has turned this nation into a shooting gallery, not the weapons themselves.

If you want to know who is to blame... the scared-silly-of-their-own-shadow people who saw a big, mean, scary thing that they thought might fire bullets and called in an alert that got the cops in defense mode.

Oh, and to further drive home that ignorance point... a jar of pickles does NOT look like a gun. Just for future reference.

Gun:

Jar of pickles:

TheRedneck

edit on 9/4/2019 by TheRedneck because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 5 2019 @ 12:11 AM
link   
Well, I do not think anyone should be open carrying in a store, except of course law inforcement. I think that people should just get concealed weapon permits so it does not cause fear or uneasiness among the customers in the store. We have a right to bear arms but there is nothing that says we have the right to intimidate or scare others by having a gun hang at your side. I do not think people need to walk down the street with an exposed gun either, even the criminals in the cities hide their guns out of sight when not using them.

posted on Sep, 5 2019 @ 12:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheRedneck

You can call it fried cotton candy for all I care. I am telling you I was ordered by police to drop my weapon, and despite being surprised (I had called them and just flagged them down), I was able to get rid of the weapon safely practically immediately. That happened. I have a sneaking suspicion that, had I instead pointed the gun at the cops, I would not be typing this. Both officers had guns drawn and aimed.

If you ever hear those words, I suggest you do not dawdle.

TheRedneck

You don't want to drop the gun, it could go off. You put it down gently on the floor or whatever, in plain view of the cops, making sure not to face it their way. Gun goes off by dropping it, cops seem to shoot.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join