It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Kroger Follows Walmart

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 4 2019 @ 08:15 PM
link   
a reply to: Ahabstar

It might work but...

We'd probably have to have a religion with open carry as a tenet or get gun carriers labeled as a protected class otherwise they won't care if our rights are stepped on.

posted on Sep, 4 2019 @ 08:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: Ahabstar
So would this be a time to talk about bakeries and pizzerias in connection to gay weddings as to what businesses can and cannot do in conjunction with personal beliefs in regards to law and court cases?
BOOM!

posted on Sep, 4 2019 @ 08:23 PM
link   
a reply to: Identified

Gun carriers are already a protected class. It's kinda cemented in the Constitution...

If those rights are "stepped on" we are expected to do something about it. That's the scary part... The populous these days can't handle microaggressions let alone war...

posted on Sep, 4 2019 @ 08:25 PM
link   

Or you know shooting someone just for having a gun on them...there are plenty of crazies out there...hell just look what happened to the one dude with the airsoft gun a few years back...and that was a cop who shot him. I assume to them anything they can do to reduce people shot on their property keeps the insurance lower and helps their bottom dollar more than the few people who will actually stop shopping there.

posted on Sep, 4 2019 @ 08:28 PM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

I shop in Walmart maybe 3 times a year but you aren't joking and my Walmart is in a nicer area. But I always want to be in and out quickly before something goes down.

Here's my Walmart shooting story that started with a man being scared of a man who picked up a toy gun in the toy aisle, and ended with cops killing a man. Walmart is only asking for more of this by validating all the hoplophobes.

John Crawford Shooting Death

posted on Sep, 4 2019 @ 08:31 PM
link   
a reply to: sine.nomine

Unfortunately that isnt yet solidified by the courts like all those other protected classes.
That's why protected classes are protected. They have been defined by law.

posted on Sep, 4 2019 @ 08:38 PM
link   
a reply to: RickyD

I just posted about John Crawford if that is who you meant.

Walmart can do whatever they want but this boils down "common sense". Making policy based on some person who might be scared of something when that something is legal doesn't make common sense.

Insurance crunches numbers and I doubt they raised rates because a store allows legal open carry. The risk is not greater because of that.

posted on Sep, 4 2019 @ 08:42 PM
link   

If this Crazy Anti Second Amendment Rhetoric Continues , Somebody Could be Shot ! ......Or is That the " Plan " ? Hmm.......

posted on Sep, 4 2019 @ 08:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: Identified

Unfortunately that isnt yet solidified by the courts like all those other protected classes.
That's why protected classes are protected. They have been defined by law.

It's literally what the laws are based off of. The courts have no say in our inalienable rights. Period. That's what inalienable means.

posted on Sep, 4 2019 @ 08:43 PM
link   

I don't shop at either so I will continue to do so .. or not do so.

posted on Sep, 4 2019 @ 08:45 PM
link   

Yep. Businesses are free to do all of these things. The people are free to not shop at them.

posted on Sep, 4 2019 @ 08:45 PM
link   

Well there were some things left out of the narrative like Mr. Crawford lived in Fairfield but was in Englewood over an hour drive from home late at night on a week night. He was on the phone arguing with his baby momma who lived with him and his father but his girlfriend (not the same person) said he had been burning down with friends all day and reeked of weed.

Between Dayton TV and Cincinnati Radio all day every day snippets got out in the public domain.

But since Kroger’s is a grocery store headquartered in Cincinnati and well aware that Ohio is and always has been an open carry state let’s ask a good question, what causes “food deserts” in inner cities? Is it perhaps because the grocery store was victim to too many armed robberies?
edit on 4-9-2019 by Ahabstar because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 4 2019 @ 08:51 PM
link   

I understand that but that isn't the same as a protected class. You don't have protected class status just because there is a Right or Liberty that covers you.

Protected classes are what the bakeries cases were about. They weren't about Rights or Liberties.
Gun Carriers isn't a "protected class" as defined by law so saying someone has to serve a gun carriers won't work the same as saying a religious person doesn't have to bake a cake or that a gay couple can't be discriminated against when they order a wedding cake. Religion and sexual orientation are listed as a protected class.

If Gun carriers were a protected class then so many laws would have already been overturned as discriminatory against them.

That's what I meant by it would work but first...

posted on Sep, 4 2019 @ 09:02 PM
link   

Maybe they didn't before but I bet a few wrongful death suits and payout would change that. I don't think its just that...they are making whatever decision they think will help their bottom line more. Apparently this is it...whatever...I will still head over to the kroger by my house rather than go further to the much more expensive publix. If I dont feel safe then I carry concealed and life moves on...never really thought open carry was that smart in the world we live in today here in the states...just asking for something to eventually happen.

posted on Sep, 4 2019 @ 09:04 PM
link   

Crawford did nothing illegal with a gun and that was all that mattered. It is even an open carry State so even if he had had a real gun he should not have been killed by police and the caller should have been schooled that open carry is legal. Walmart Video proved that Crawford was not pointing the gun or acting in a scary manner. Not sure what weed and phone calls have to do with it. It isn't like the scared caller reported this to police or that the police ever heard any of the phone call before they shot him.

BTW it wasn't late at night. He was shot at 8:30pm. Heck the sun doesn't even set until after 9 at that time of the year. Why does it matter where he lived and where he was shopping?

Food deserts? So you think banning open carry at Grocery stores will stop food deserts?

posted on Sep, 4 2019 @ 09:04 PM
link   

I see what you're saying but we're splitting hairs. I could go on about "protected classes" for decades. Hell, I don't doubt that you could too. We know we're on different wavelengths. I'll just see myself out.

posted on Sep, 4 2019 @ 09:05 PM
link   
As always, criminals aren't going to pay any attention to the company's desires, all they're doing is putting their customers at risk.

Our WM is clean and normally well stocked with good products and good prices so we go there. We're hardly trailer-trash or meth-heads. I HATE (and won't use) the auto-checkouts and every single thing I buy gets bagged so the receipt scanners at the doors (brand new here) leave me alone. Other than those two things I have no complaints. Honestly? I rarely bought ammo and never guns at a WM. I prefer going to the experts for those things.

posted on Sep, 4 2019 @ 09:11 PM
link   

No worries.

posted on Sep, 4 2019 @ 09:14 PM
link   
a reply to: RickyD

Open carry...they actually said nothing about concealed carry...and also if done properly one would never know you were.

My bad... I thought WalMart was asking customers not to concealed carry as well?

TheRedneck

posted on Sep, 4 2019 @ 09:16 PM
link   
a reply to: TheRedneck

Open carry.
You do not have to search them.
If they are concealed they can call the police because that is not okay.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join