It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Kroger Follows Walmart

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 4 2019 @ 07:36 PM
link   
Now it is Kroger who is asking customers to not open carry in their stores.

Kroger Too

Kroger is respectfully asking that customers no longer openly carry firearms into our stores, other than authorized law enforcement officers.

I'm not a huge fan of open carry for several reasons but this is getting ridiculous that something completely legal in many States is being restricted by large retailers for no other reason than some people are scared of simply seeing a gun.

Kroger has demonstrated with our actions that we recognize the growing chorus of Americans who are no longer comfortable with the status quo and who are advocating for concrete and common sense gun reforms.

So placating people is "common sense" rather than educating them.

posted on Sep, 4 2019 @ 07:38 PM
link   
Climate change is a bigger threat to Mankind 🐇 😎

posted on Sep, 4 2019 @ 07:39 PM
link   
a reply to: Identified

They can "ask"...but can they actually stop people from carrying?

posted on Sep, 4 2019 @ 07:42 PM
link   
a reply to: IAMTAT

Not unless they search them.

I charge for being frisked.

TheRedneck

posted on Sep, 4 2019 @ 07:42 PM
link   
a reply to: IAMTAT

Yes just like any establishment can...like bars which is first to come to mind. In VA it is not illegal to carry in a bar...if you do not drink at all and the establishment allows it. They have every right in the world to tell people they can't carry in their stores. They also have every right to lose customers if they don't like the changes. Although on this one I doubt they will lose much.

posted on Sep, 4 2019 @ 07:43 PM
link   
a reply to: TheRedneck

Open carry...they actually said nothing about concealed carry...and also if done properly one would never know you were.

+3 more 
posted on Sep, 4 2019 @ 07:43 PM
link   

Do you suppose walmart and Kroger will stop selling alcohol and cigarettes?

Or maybe stop selling opiates in their pharmacy's?

Since both are claiming "common sence" in their desire to protect citizens they should look at the big killers..

posted on Sep, 4 2019 @ 07:45 PM
link   
Seems like they are trying to head off customer scares and liability to be honest. Would not be surprised if insurance companies are upping rates in light of shooting incidents that the media is pushing into the spotlight.

posted on Sep, 4 2019 @ 07:48 PM
link   
Well just too happy to add them to my “no go” list. Mom and Pops that love America are for me.

posted on Sep, 4 2019 @ 07:54 PM
link   
a reply to: Bluntone22

Or foods and drinks with high fructose corn syrup which has been shown to cause fatty liver disease?

Or foods with transfats which has been linked to heart disease.

Nope! Just guns are scary.

posted on Sep, 4 2019 @ 07:58 PM
link   

My favorite open carry in a Kroger (Fry's, Queen Creek, AZ) goes like this:

Me, picking up stuff for tacos, looking for big tubs of sour cream. Him -- 5'5" and strapped with a huge pistol fastened to his belt. Ruminating over his options vis-a-vis 1% and 2% milk (he settled on the store brand 1%)...

...muscled right past the wife and I to get to the milk before she could reach for the cream. Serious attitude.

...Proudly sporting a "Two wolves" + flag t-shirt.

It made me giggle. There is no place on the planet, whiter and older (safe, boring) than Queen Creek, AZ.

Did he have the right to look like that and carry a giant sidearm? Certainly. But even my wife noticed he was definitely compensating for something.

+25 more 
posted on Sep, 4 2019 @ 07:59 PM
link   
So would this be a time to talk about bakeries and pizzerias in connection to gay weddings as to what businesses can and cannot do in conjunction with personal beliefs in regards to law and court cases?

posted on Sep, 4 2019 @ 08:03 PM
link   
Did Walmart say they no longer allow open carry?
I thought the story with them was they are going to stop ammo sales?
If so, it seems to me that they are inviting assholes to rob or shoot up the place because as is the case in all “Gun Free” zones, only the criminals are armed until the cops arrive.

posted on Sep, 4 2019 @ 08:04 PM
link   
a reply to: Ahabstar

I love this comment.
I'm open carrying my love for this comment around with me for the rest of today, in fact.

This decision, as with the Walmart decision, doesn't exactly or directly impact me... I stopped shopping at Fred Meyers last year when the idiotic little scaredy cats removed their entire firearm and ammo counters from all stores because... reasons. They can basically kiss the entirety of my ass.

posted on Sep, 4 2019 @ 08:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: RazorV66
Did Walmart say they no longer allow open carry?
I thought the story with them was they are going to stop ammo sales?
If so, it seems to me that they are inviting assholes to rob or shoot up the place because as is the case in all “Gun Free” zones, only the criminals are armed until the cops arrive.

No kidding! What moron even enters a Walmart, that den of ghetto dwellers, trailer park trash, meth zombies, and street urchins without carrying a firearm for their own protection? Walmarts in the Lesser 48 must be very, very different from the ones up here because honestly, even armed you're taking a huge risk of getting rolled if you walk into an Anchorage Walmart even remotely looking like you're sober and in possession of more than beggar's change.

posted on Sep, 4 2019 @ 08:06 PM
link   

There is virtue signaling and then there is epic virtue signaling.

This is higher than epic virtue signaling.

This is cultivating a fear of guns.

We already have the damned namby-pamby idiots afraid of speech, horrified of statues, deeply offended by red hats.

Now this retarded crap.

SMH

posted on Sep, 4 2019 @ 08:08 PM
link   
a reply to: 0zzymand0s

He was buying milk and open carrying? That's a red flag if I have ever seen one.

Every single mass shooter has one thing in common - they drank milk as a baby!
It's like the gateway behaviour.

Super scary.

posted on Sep, 4 2019 @ 08:12 PM
link   
a reply to: RazorV66

Yep! Walmart "requested" that people no longer open carry at their stores and Sam's Clubs because people might get scared and cause them to overreact by evacuating a store.

posted on Sep, 4 2019 @ 08:13 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 4 2019 @ 08:15 PM
link   
Is there a smaller chain competitor(maybe in the south).

Would be funny if a store offered a discount to anyone legally carrying openly in an open carry state. That would be kind of funny.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join