It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Driving with fricken dogs!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 4 2019 @ 01:48 PM
link   
I was out getting lunch today and I saw two drivers that pissed me off.

The first one was with an older lady driving with a fricken rat dog on her lap.

The second was similar with a guy that had a dog standing on the window sill of the car.
The dog was nearly half way out of the car.

Now is an obvious distraction to the drive creating a safety hazard which is bad enough.
But I really wonder if these people have thought their actions through.
In an accident where the airbag deploys, the first dog is going to become a battering ram and get shoved through the old ladies skull. The second dog will likely be punted into low earth orbit.

Fricken stupid behavior....

Rant over..

edit on 4-9-2019 by Bluntone22 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 4 2019 @ 02:00 PM
link   
Agreed.
Driving with a rat dog hanging out of the window- Especially the drivers window- should be a distracted driving ticket at least.

About 15 years back, someone dear to me was involved in a head on collision. The minivan going the other way crossed over the double yellow lines, and there wasn't anywhere to go to avoid it. His truck was hit so hard the transmission came up through the seat.

The rat dog in the minivan drivers lap died from the airbag deployment. The minivan driver was hospitalized when their pet was slammed into their gut hard enough to rupture their intestines.

Idiots.

posted on Sep, 4 2019 @ 02:07 PM
link   
a reply to: lordcomac

As often as I see this happening there are bound to be examples of dog/airbag interaction.

posted on Sep, 4 2019 @ 02:53 PM
link   
a reply to: Bluntone22

I got hit by a woman driving with a lap dog one time, that is obnoxious. The dogs that hang out are terrible too, I will be out walking my dog and they do a drive by barking and you don't expect it.

posted on Sep, 4 2019 @ 03:53 PM
link   

Ever seen those little lap dogs jump out/ fall out into traffic?

Oy vey

edit on 4-9-2019 by NarcolepticBuddha because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 4 2019 @ 04:32 PM
link   

Those don't piss me off nearly as much as seeing dogs in the back of pickup trucks, especially at high speeds and/or on the highway/interstate.

posted on Sep, 4 2019 @ 05:09 PM
link   
the hairy armpit/leg earth girl in the Volvo station wagon with the grated divider sure looks attractive with snotted out rear windows and the aroma of mildewed wet dog. Makes me dream of laying in the sand at the beach next to a family of midgets.
I like to go by dogs hanging out of cars in their drivers laps and lay on the horn just when I reach their door, scarring the whole mess.

posted on Sep, 4 2019 @ 11:44 PM
link   
Sorry bud, my dog gets to ride.

I'm down to one dog and two cats, fewest number of pets I've had in about 30 years. This last dog I have is a treasure.

She wants to be with me every minute of every day. I don't need a leash with dog, she always stays within two feet of me whenever we go somewhere. She will never attack anything.

She loves to ride in the car. She always sits on the center console to be close to me and see everything. Sometimes when we stop at a red light she might go to the passenger window to see what she can smell, but when the car starts moving she's back to the center console.

She is the best alarm system ever. Excellent sense of hearing with an ear-piercing bark. I trust this dog with my life, there are less than a handful of humans I can say that about.

And she is smarter than I am. She knows when I want to give her a bath. She picks up on the clues. If she sees me set out extra towels, plug in the hair trimmers, grab an extra bottle of shampoo, etc., the jig is up. She knows it will happen at night, between 7 and 10 pm. During that time she will stay just out of reach under the bed. She's on to the chicken strip trick, the Pupperoni trick, even the Jingle the Car Keys trick doesn't work anymore. Every time I need a new trick to give her a bath. Last time it took me two weeks to come up with something new.

Bottom line, I love my little girl, she loves to ride. I like to drive her to the park on Sundays, and I like to take her on errands and long trips when I can. There is nothing that exists between Heaven and Hell that is going to change that.

posted on Sep, 5 2019 @ 05:25 AM
link   

You know what pisses me off, selfish pricks that get dogs and leave them home all day while they are out. No care as to how the animal feels, no thoughts other than themselves.

You get a pet you treat it like family or just don't get one, but no that's too hard for some people, they get their pet to feel good then treat it like a piece of furniture .

posted on Sep, 5 2019 @ 11:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: Plotus

I like to go by dogs hanging out of cars in their drivers laps and lay on the horn just when I reach their door, scarring the whole mess.

Oh,
I think I finally have a use for that stupid horn, now!
Maybe I should upgrade to an air horn, even.

Maybe then those distracted drivers will be distracted enough to pull over when the dog takes a crap in their lap!

top topics

join